choosing between precihole nx 100 and sdb artemis.

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
airgunner123
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: choosing between precihole nx 100 and sdb artemis.

Post by airgunner123 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:25 am

other than the rear sight(which looks rather crude) artemis seems fairly attractive especially the yellow version....is it possible to remove it and replace it with precihole rear sight(which is more neat looking)? also..since i am planning to use only foreign pellets,i was wondering whether it will take jsb exact ,rws superdome ,rws superfield, rws super hollow point ,predator metalmag,and other foreign .177 pellets because i saw in a youtube review that sdb has inferior rifling compared to precihole and sometimes the pellets dont fit in the breech...and finally is the interior of compression chamber,piston,etc. rusty and need polishing? i am very sorry for asking so many questions (since this is my first air rifle)but i want an unbiased expert opinion which wont come from the manufacturer...

For Advertising mail webmaster
nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:40 pm

I have shot multiple SDB rifles as well as those from Precihole. Not shot Artemis though. Except the latest Gennex, the firing cycle and long distance accuracy of Precihole is definitely better. Gennex seems to have a similar firing cycle as Ph.

Precihole is heavier by 500g and more powerful, esp the NX100. Gennex is very light and packs a punch for the weight.
Precihole barrel is longer which might give it better accuracy at extended distances.
Build quality of Precihole components is generally much superior to most brands except AARMR which has its own advantages and challenges.
SDB recently seems to have increased its bore size. Pellets which used to get stuck in other models, fit into Gennex breech.
Anti rust coating is one feature I really like in Ph compared to other brands. AARMR has cerakote which is even better than Ph. SDB guns have a decent bluing for the price.

Overall if you want a low cost gun, I would suggest Apache or Gennex. If brute power is your concern, buy AARMR or Artemis. If you want your gun to be able to withstand abuse and continue shooting accurately and powerfully, AARMR is good. If you want a gun to start shooting with and intend to invest more into the hobby, NX100 is the definite winner.

Overall IMHO NX100 is the most complete gun in all respects. Slightly expensive and good power. Very easy to shoot and very good after sales service.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:42 pm

The sights of the Artemis may look crude, and they initially are very tight, but they do hold their zero much better when compared to the NX100. And they allow for very accurate shooting as well.
airgunner123 wrote:os because i saw in a youtube review that sdb has inferior rifling compared to precihole and sometimes the pellets dont fit in the breech...
The breech accepts the broadest .177 pellets including precihole domes. They fit the breech nice and tight and shoot accurately as well.The accuracy of a rifle resides mostly inside its barrel, and the Artemis is every bit as accurate as a NX100, if not more. Can you please provide a link to the video which says SDB has inferior rifling? Meanwhile look at Veerbhadra's review if you haven't seen already.

Regarding power, there is no contest between a NX100 and Artemis. NX100 doesn't produce an ounce more than 10 fpe(after settling), Artemis produces 14 fpe.(Velocity measurements via Chronoconnect app). Only downside is spring needs replacement after around 3500 shots.
The external finish of the NX100 is better than the Artemis, but the innards are of excellent quality.
airgunner123 wrote:and finally is the interior of compression chamber,piston,etc. rusty and need polishing?
I had disassembled the new Artemis rifle after 2000 shots to see the trigger Mechanism. Take a look at the picture and decide for yourself if it's rusty and needs polishing.
If you find predator pellets on any Indian website, I am looking for predator polymags for my Artemis to lessen penetration and do some damage.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Aim small, miss small."

lover of guns
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by lover of guns » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:03 pm

Which one is more quiet sdb artemis or precihole nx 100

airgunner123
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by airgunner123 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:32 pm

watch from 2min 50 sec...

i am going to buy pellets from airgunindia...
thank you...i have seen the review..
can you tell which spring is best for maximum power....there seems to be lots of springs on kovibazaar...piston id would be great..also where do we buy spare breech seal, piston seal, etc.
thank you all...man i must say this is a truly helpful forum..

Caveat emptor: The airgunindia owner was banned from this forum due to complaints of cheating from fellow members. You are advised caution while dealing with him.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:35 pm

I think the GenNex and Artemis are having same barrel of .177.

Following pellets are sitting and doing well in GenNex barrel :
United shot Flathead- 7.6 gns
Mastershot Flathead- 7.7 gns yellow box
Mastershot Flathead - 8.2 gns white box
Gsmith Flat Head amateur- 8.2 gns
Gsmith Competition - 8.2+ gns
Gsmith Highimpact RH - 9+ gns
Geko FH - 7.3 gns
Crosman ultra magnum RH - 10.5 gns head slight tight but okay
H & N crow magnum - 9.26 gns head is real tight, deforming.

So , hopefully Artemis can go well with above pellets.

Artemis is superior in case of power and overall look.
The back sight is cheap type but keeps zero till eternity.
Trigger is far simple yet NX 100 has superior trigger.
Artemis is a springer , whereas NX has nitro piston ,so ideally Artemis should be compared with any other springer only.
naked eyes can not find much of a difference in rifling , but PH has always an edge over SDB for being expert in deep hole drilling.

Bas
Not all those wander , are lost...............

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:42 pm

I feel that Gennex has been the best gun thus far from the SDB stable. For Artemis at 10000₹ retail from manufacturer I would at least expect synthetic guides, anti rust and good trigger with safety. Precihole retails at a lesser price from their main dealers and has all those features. AARMR is a good 20% lesser and has an anti-beartrap at least.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:59 pm

There comes the entry of SDB Sport.
At price point it outbeat all springers. :mrgreen:

Basu

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:49 pm

Price, build quality and features must all be proportional. SDB's Artemis and Precihole's PCP have been grossly overpriced for what they offer. That is why I feel that NX100, SX100, Hurricane, Gennex and Apache are among the better guns that are made in India. This my view. Others may have their benchmarks for assessment.

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:18 am

Basu wrote:There comes the entry of SDB Sport.
At price point it outbeat all springers. :mrgreen:

Basu
Basuda, deservingly a lot many are jumping from heaven to earth that Artimis is making such stupendous power but i fail to understand why cant SBD implement safety mechanism, because safety comes first.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:05 am

Dear ganeshn,
Tragedy is that they are still living in 1950s :lol: :lol:
Big Daddy had the patience to wait for six month to get the 1st proto type of Apache.
I have tried to advice them many a times.
Artemis , Sport are real power packed.
A safety mechanism will surely increase the confidence of buyers.

Basu

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:32 am

In the video of Precihole vs SDB there seems to be 2 glaring errors. First, the average velocity readings as chronyed by the maker of the video using a light (0.7 g) pellet are as follows:-

Precihole
169.5 m/s
172.3 m/s
115.6 m/s

SDB
189.6 m/s
187.5 m/s
132 m/s

Using the above measurements should the average velocity not read as follows:-

Precihole
152 m/s

SDB
169 m/s

How has it been concluded that the average velocity of Precihole using light (0.7 g) pellets as being 130.9 m/s giving 10.2 J and SDB as 188.5 m/s giving 12.4 J? Am I missing something here?

Second, when making a comparison between the 2 rifles, nowhere do I see the Precihole being shot. The apparent comparison between the 2 rifles is being shown on the left hand corner of the main video. However as far as I can see it is only a wooden stock rifle being shot.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:46 pm

SMJ wrote:
Second, when making a comparison between the 2 rifles, nowhere do I see the Precihole being shot.
Exactly.!! The target has Precihole written in the corner, but the guy shoots with SDB 65. In the comment section someone asks this very question and the uploader says the clips are fake?! :? Look at the very first comment.
About velocity, he fires two shots with a light pellet and a single shot with a heavy pellet, and then calculates the muzzle energy. :?
As far as I know, atleast 5 shots(preferably 10) with similar weight pellets are to be fired, there average calculated and then that number is used for calculating power.
I however fail to understand why this video was mentioned as neither NX100 nor Artemis features in this video.
I personally feel that only a few videos about Indian airguns give information worth considering while making a new purchase. Most show people getting excited to see the obvious fact that airgun pellets penetrate plastic and can get buried in wood, others show with pride how they hunt protected species of birds. :(
"Aim small, miss small."

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:39 pm

I however fail to understand why this video was mentioned as neither NX100 nor Artemis features in this video.
Agreed (y)

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:02 pm

The video makes the comparison between SDB65 and Precihole springer in .22.
So it does not support the topic.

Basu