• Advertisement
Kiehberg.in -  Outdoor gear and sports equipment

Precihole SP50

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Ziegen

Precihole SP50

Postby Ziegen » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:45 pm

Hi All,

I've been following this forum for a few years because of my interest in shooting and archery. This is my first post tho and i'm totally new to owning an AR. I've made a couple of bows and crossbows and am quite used to BB guns. I recently picked up a Precihole SP50 and have put a good 6-700 shots through it. It took a while for me to get used to the heavy trigger in the SP50 and it did take a while for the gun to break in. I understand the concept of a two stage trigger but i still don't see it in my SP50. There is resistance on the trigger and once I'm past that that it fires. Is this normal? or should i get a gunsmith to look at my AR. Plinking is fun and i rarely miss the mark but when I give target paper a go the story is completely different. All over the place would be an understatement and I think it is because of my trigger. Could some of the pistol experts here tell me what to do?

:stupid:
:cheers:

rchauhanji

Re: Precihole SP50

Postby rchauhanji » Mon May 15, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi Zeigen,

While I can't answer your question as I am looking to buy an SP50.

Wanted to check with your general experience with the quality, build, reliability etc. before I buy. Appreciate any inputs you can provide.

Thanks in advance.

Woods

Postby Woods » Tue May 16, 2017 2:07 pm

Though I m no expert but I have been using SP50 pistol for last one year ,I may be able to talk about it .
The trigger is actually adjustable .
See there is a small bold beneath the trigger , loosen a bit and there is one pit for allen key right in the nut itself . Bring the right key of that size and by gently and finely twisting the nut with allen key you will be able to adjust "hard trigger " that is trigger pull weight

Never seen a thin person drinking diet coke .

moulindu

Postby moulindu » Tue May 16, 2017 4:05 pm

Ziegen wrote:Hi All,

I've been following this forum for a few years because of my interest in shooting and archery. This is my first post tho and i'm totally new to owning an AR. I've made a couple of bows and crossbows and am quite used to BB guns. I recently picked up a Precihole SP50 and have put a good 6-700 shots through it. It took a while for me to get used to the heavy trigger in the SP50 and it did take a while for the gun to break in. I understand the concept of a two stage trigger but i still don't see it in my SP50. There is resistance on the trigger and once I'm past that that it fires. Is this normal? or should i get a gunsmith to look at my AR. Plinking is fun and i rarely miss the mark but when I give target paper a go the story is completely different. All over the place would be an understatement and I think it is because of my trigger. Could some of the pistol experts here tell me what to do?

Both good rifles & pistols have 2 stage triggers, where one can play with the pull of 1st & 2nd stages alongwith the trigger pull weight. The one most noticeable & difficult mod that one can do to a trigger is giving mirror polish to the sears. Well after playing a lot with both Indian brand & TX200 I can say that the single stage triggers can never replicate the feel of 2 stage triggers (there is a long first stage followed by a short second stage then there is a resistance. Once the resistance is crossed shot is fired). Most of the shooters tend to the hold the trigger right at the resistance, hence there is a less pull length of the trigger resulting is lesser movement of gun/pistol
I would suggest you if you are confident then go ahead, but remember over polishing may damage your trigger & result in autofire, else can take it to a good gunsmith.
Moulindu

narach93

Postby narach93 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:57 pm

The Precihole site mentions that the SP50 Pistol has been discontinued ! What's that means ? Have they stopped production or going to replace that fine product by a pcp one ? Is any ifgians has any idea ?

Maroon_d3vil

Postby Maroon_d3vil » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:14 am

Hello narach93!

Fellow IFGian @kaushiknfs while asking for air pistol suggestion had mentioned that precihole is launching a new pistol
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25379#p250406

I had bought this pistol back in June. After that they had discontinued it. Excited about their new offering. :) Till then happy plinking!

Regards,
Maroon_d3vil

narach93

Postby narach93 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:16 am

Thanks Maroonsaab for your information. I have two of them. But will glad to have the new one. Happy diwali to all IFGians.
Regards

narach93

Postby narach93 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:26 pm

Precihole is very prompt for clearing doubts! They have confirmed that a new improved pistol will launch someday in november. But we still have to wait for the super accurate precipell sting pellets.

kaushiknfs

Postby kaushiknfs » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:53 pm

narach93 wrote:Precihole is very prompt for clearing doubts! They have confirmed that a new improved pistol will launch someday in november. But we still have to wait for the super accurate precipell sting pellets.

Did you check with them over email?

narach93

Postby narach93 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:01 am

Yes. They confirmed through mail.

Return to “Air Guns”