Trigger Adjustment

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
tokyo2020
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Trigger Adjustment

Post by tokyo2020 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:50 pm

How do I adjust the trigger of my NX 100 Scorpius?
When should i adjust the trigger?
What changes can I expect after adjustment?

For Advertising mail webmaster
sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Trigger Adjustment

Post by sam 47 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:10 pm

The trigger in the Scorpius is adjustable by adjusting the screw on the front of the trigger. Take the action out of the stock, loosen the nut, turn the screw in or out as per your requirement and tighten the nut to secure the screw. The screw is also the spring plunger which determines the precise point when the sear is released as you press the trigger. Loosening the screw increases the amount the trigger top part travels before contacting the spring plunger. Screwing in reduces the travel, and too much of either will land you in trouble. It is said that the 2mm allen key bolt at the base of the trigger adjusts the trigger pressure, but I have found it to be nothing but a fixture screw which attaches the blade to the trigger top part.
You adjust the trigger if you face any problem like if its too heavy, creepy or unpredictable.
If you originally had faced any problem only then adjusting the trigger will help with accuracy. A reasonably light and predictable trigger greatly enhances accuracy.
"Aim small, miss small."

tokyo2020
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by tokyo2020 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:19 pm

sam 47 wrote:The trigger in the Scorpius is adjustable by adjusting the screw on the front of the trigger. Take the action out of the stock, loosen the nut, turn the screw in or out as per your requirement and tighten the nut to secure the screw. The screw is also the spring plunger which determines the precise point when the sear is released as you press the trigger. Loosening the screw increases the amount the trigger top part travels before contacting the spring plunger. Screwing in reduces the travel, and too much of either will land you in trouble. It is said that the 2mm allen key bolt at the base of the trigger adjusts the trigger pressure, but I have found it to be nothing but a fixture screw which attaches the blade to the trigger top part.
You adjust the trigger if you face any problem like if its too heavy, creepy or unpredictable.
If you originally had faced any problem only then adjusting the trigger will help with accuracy. A reasonably light and predictable trigger greatly enhances accuracy.
Thank you

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:28 am

I'm having difficulty with my NX100 trigger with the fact that the 2mm allen key bolt keeps on coming loose, and the trigger wiggles around from side to side. I've tightened it twice (with an allen key) and now I'm not sure how long it will stay like this. Barely fired 150-200 shots in total since I got the gun a couple of months back.

Here's a diagram of our trigger system I found on some other forum. Hope it helps you decipher anything.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

birbrar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by birbrar » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:26 am

You can use theread sealer to keep the screw in place just remove the screw and put 1_2 drops of thread sealer on screw and re tighten it

Sent from my LS-5015 using Tapatalk