AK Agni 0.177 caliber

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
LearningToShoot
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

AK Agni 0.177 caliber

Post by LearningToShoot » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:46 pm

Hello,

I am quite new here and I would like to introduce my self as Rajendra Rajani, 47 years, living in Mangalore, Karnataka.

Yesterday I received my consignment with 0.177 Agni AK 500 rifle. Purchased it from Kovibazaar. It arrived fully assembled and beautifully packed in a strong carton. I already have a Kolkata make Power 0.22 and a 0.177 Percihole SP 50 pistol. I started practicing to shoot only recently after a gap of about 40 years. I discovered that wearing progressive glasses does not give me the proper focus when I aim at the target. So I will not express anything on the accuracy of the AK Agni, but can say it is fairly accurate.

The weight is about 3.8 Kgs.
Cocking is a bit harder than the Kolkata make Power.
Trigger is smooth. Is it I feel so because I have been using more of Percihole pistol which has a tight trigger?
The Power make rifle too has a smoother trigger than the Percihole, but not as smooth as AK Agni.
Has a ball locking system and that really locks smooth.
There is an additional pipe below the barrel, doesn't do anything. Perhaps it adds up to the barrel's weight and gives a steady shot which is only my guess.
I have no clue about its muzzle energy our the pellet travel velocity as there were no such specifications on Kovibazaar's site.
Has a 11 mm mount dovetail rail. I am not familiar with types of rail, but searching the web I believe it to be dovetail.
I plan to buy a scope. Not sure to buy a laser dot or crosshair. I hope someone with experience would give me some suggestions.

Overall I am happy with its looks and performance. Only missing is provision for attaching a gun sling.

Thanks for reading and look forward to getting some suggestions and tips for improving my shooting skills.

Rajendra
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Re: AK Agni 0.177 caliber

Post by Basu » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:15 pm

Congrats.....
As long as you are using hand rest ,a 3.8 kgs AR is very nice to shoot accurately.
But it is really tiresome for off hand shooting along with hard cocking.
This gun expected to be accurate than its other models due to extra weight in the front.
Enjoy....

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

buriedbody31.
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by buriedbody31. » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:09 pm

congrats for u new gun Rajendra sir. Am new in here and this is my first post to u:). Hi Mr basu, sir I have gone through quite few reviews since 2010 or before seems u r so active in this platform. Appreciate and keep going. Would like to know more about esa350 cause I ordered one.
Thanks
Rahul

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:31 pm

ESA stands for Eagle Small Arms.....
This is a Kolkata based company......
Their guns are made , inspired by Daina old model..
They are good for plinking. :skeet:

Basu .

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:16 am

LearningToShoot wrote:I discovered that wearing progressive glasses does not give me the proper focus when I aim at the target. So I will not express anything on the accuracy of the AK Agni, but can say it is fairly accurate.
Welcome to the forum Rajendra!

I guess with time your new toy will set.

I don't think (IMHO) progressive lenses is the cause. Many of us on the forum are in that club :lol:

In fact, I enjoy hitting mineral water bottle caps 40 to 50 meters away wearing progressive lenses.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Fri May 26, 2017 9:27 pm

I am having this rifle for past one year.It was very pleasure to shoot this rifle due to it's accuracy.But the gun needs lots of improvements.The open sights (front and rear) were having some problem and this makes difficult to aim accurately.I removed the front sight and replaced with precihole sight.Also the rear sight was defective,hence i removed it and attached a peep sight on the stock.The telescopic rail comes with the rifle is plastic.Yes ''PLASTIC SCOPE RAIL''. Also the trigger have some creep, need to concentrate on trigger pull which distracts the sight picture.An improvement like an adjustable trigger in my apache would make it a best choice in Indian break barrel market.
With regards,
vsraja

rigin7
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rigin7 » Mon May 29, 2017 6:50 am

Hi sir,

How's your AK 's performance..? Is it holding groups.?

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Tue May 30, 2017 4:30 pm

i am having it's 22 version.Basically the gun groups very well. sometimes i had a single hole at 10metres for 10shots.Hence the gun was very much reliable.The worst grouping i had from this gun doesn't exceeds an inch at 10metres.you are having its 177 version.So it must perform good.Dont rush to change the seal to synthetic.My rifle had only the leather seal.I tested it with synthetic seal but i dont satisfy with that.If the front sight is too much broad you can put a precihole front sight at the muzzle,which i have done.I changed the breach seal to precihole o ring.Trigger is not so nice but not worst.
With regards,
vsraja

targetpoint
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by targetpoint » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:36 am

Does AK Agni 100 have real 2 stage trigger as mentioned in kovibaazar?

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:18 pm

I have every doubt.

Basu

targetpoint
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by targetpoint » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:37 pm

Dear Basu sir.
It is clearly mentioned as "Advanced two stage trigger".
I am also in doubt so a owner of this particular air rifle can say clearly.
I think it has same trigger arrangement as SDB,double pull weight adjustable.Or if it really has true double stage trigger as rekord trigger then I am going to buy one.

Added in 3 minutes 12 seconds:
As far as I read about AK agni air rifles they are still giving leather piston seal and breech seal so it is really hard to believe that it has double stage trigger.

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:57 pm

I dont have this model, but i presume that it was a copy of diana 35 like sdb 2000 air rifle.It has ball locking, front sight which has interchangeable sight post.SDB 2000 have these same specs, hence i presume that it can also have the same type of trigger mechanism of sdb 2000.Anyways i have AGNI model and it performs well,it's bluing was nice.Also it was more documented in this site.Also we can change the leather seal to synthetic seal. but it have a direct trigger.Hence AK 100 would be better than agni because of the better trigger than AGNI.This AK 100 was not popular because of no reviews on this model and hence the sales of this model must be dull.Also the higher price point makes the potential buyer to consider other air rifles.Here comes the need for the company sponsored detailed review on this model to make it popular.One thing i hate of them is a plastic scope rail, which is purely unuseable.
With regards,
vsraja

targetpoint
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by targetpoint » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:47 am

Plastic scope rail??
Really even if it hold the mounts while new but after few days it will get eroded gradually if the mounts travel backwards on it.

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:12 am

I don't think that it was a cost saving decision by the company, but it looks like they have limited practical knowledge about mounting a scope.Hence most of the indian air rifles were really a toy or a replica of an Air rifle.We can really appreciate precihole and AARMR in hearing the feedback from their consumers.
With regards,
vsraja