Precihole VX100 ordered from kovibazaar

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
msureshbabu00
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Precihole VX100 ordered from kovibazaar

Post by msureshbabu00 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:17 pm

Hi guys, ordered precihole VX 100 yesterday from kovibazaar.. today it was shipped... Waiting for the delivery.. damages are 7500 for VX100+ 400 for shipping.. once i get honds on the same, will update pics and first impressions.. until then fingers crossed.. :cheers:

For Advertising mail webmaster
ashokharsana
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Precihole VX100 ordered from kovibazaar

Post by ashokharsana » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:34 pm

Hello guys,

I am really sorry for hijacking this thread :D , but i also ordered vx100 from kovibazar and lukcily got it delievered yesterday. I was unbale to find another thread to post in so I am sorry to take the steering wheel for sometime. I hope u understand.

The total amount paid to kovibazar was 7900 (inclusive of shipment charges). I received the order on 8th day.

Quick review:
1. The gun is lightweight
2. The finish is somewhat inferior to that of SX versions
3. Very smooth cocking action, better than previous SX versions
4. Light and Crisp trigger with safety
5. The manual says it takes 100 shots to break
6. Power of the gun is similar to SX100 versions
7. Fixed metal front sight
8. 11 mm dovetail with stop pin hole

I tried 4 handheld shots from 28 mtr distance with artillary hold, didnt receive nice groups though ( 2.5 inch).

Pardon me for this hurriedly given review, will be posting a more detailed reveiw once i have taken my new buddy to my farm house to test muzzle velocity and other aspects.

I have posted a few pics also for better understanding.

Happy shooting
Ashok Harsana
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:12 pm

Can you please measure the velocity and power the VX100 spartan produces with the help of Chronoconnect mobile app?
And can you please post a close-up picture of the trigger assembly?
Enjoy your new gun. (y) :)
"Aim small, miss small."

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:37 pm

Here is the link for the closeup look for the trigger assembly
With regards,
vsraja

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:50 pm

vsraja wrote:Here is the link for the closeup look for the trigger assembly
Thanks a lot vsraja. (y) Appreciate it.
"Aim small, miss small."

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:26 pm

Even though difficult to tell for sure the gun seems (in the photo) to be suffering from barrel drooping. But it should not be a problem when used with the open sights only. Also it seems as if the trigger is non adjustable type ( absence of the spring plunger ).

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:04 pm

GNV wrote:Even though difficult to tell for sure the gun seems (in the photo) to be suffering from barrel drooping. But it should not be a problem when used with the open sights only. Also it seems as if the trigger is non adjustable type ( absence of the spring plunger ).
:agree: I noticed the drooping, but was not very much sure about it. Does not the absence of the spring plunger make the trigger completely single stage? :roll: The basic design of the trigger assembly is the same as that of NX100. When I had repeated problems of the trigger getting stuck in the transition of first and second stage, I had removed the spring plunger and found the trigger completely a single stage.
"Aim small, miss small."

msureshbabu00
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by msureshbabu00 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:27 pm

Got mine today. Packing is good, and i got it disassembled. Took a while to assemble it. As for the first impressions... The gun is great. It is light, cocking effort is minimal, sights are simple yet very much functional. Trigger breaks clean and crisp. Seems there is no provision for trigger adjustment. I didnt have any experience with preciholes so cant compare with them.. but i got sdb 2000. comparing with it, VX100 seems to be balanced to hold, better build quality, better usability. Fired around 200 pellets(H&N excite econ) rear sight is slightly off when it arrived, so adjusted it. Power snd accuracy seems to be very good for the price, my SDB 2000 got very raw power while this baby behaved more pilitely. Didnt get time for pics, will try to upload them in a day or two with much more info about my new beast. Thank u

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:45 pm

None of the Indian airguns have a truly adjustable two stage trigger in which each stage can be independently adjustable. Though I don't know about the PH PCP.

ashokharsana
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ashokharsana » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:42 am

I am little disappointed with my PH Spartan, the rear sight isn't stable and i am unable to hit anything accurately beyond 35 meters. Though i could successfully aim a waste dish antennas with 1 ft radius at 100 yards but that was too large a target as per my expectations. It makes this gun fit for sub 35 meter shooting only. I am posting a pic of group yielded at 15 yards distance which clearly shows that this Gun is suffering from barrel droop as well.

Will experiment long range with scopes in few days and post it here soon.

Happy shooting
Ashok

Please see the 10 shot group at 15 yards (too close though)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:32 pm

Ordinarily barrel droop does not affect accuracy.
The grouping in the foto , does not indicate a bad performance both by shooter as well as gun.
Let the AR pass through some 500-600 shots, the size of grouping will surely shrink.
In view to SX 100 , it is better not to expect high power from this gun.
As per my observation SX and VX have similar power plant.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:33 pm

ashokharsana wrote:I am little disappointed with my PH Spartan, the rear sight isn't stable and i am unable to hit anything accurately beyond 35 meters. Though i could successfully aim a waste dish antennas with 1 ft radius at 100 yards but that was too large a target as per my expectations. It makes this gun fit for sub 35 meter shooting only. I am posting a pic of group yielded at 15 yards distance which clearly shows that this Gun is suffering from barrel droop as well.

Will experiment long range with scopes in few days and post it here soon.

Happy shooting
Ashok

Please see the 10 shot group at 15 yards (too close though)
Barrel drooping affects shooting only when you are using a scope. When using the open sights it doesn't affect because both front and rear sights are on the barrel itself.

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:52 pm

Hi ashokharsana, you can use a peep sight rather than rear sight.You can attach even a cheap peep sight costs 200rs using araldite on the stock.It was more easier than the rear sight for target acquisition and be more accurate than the rear sight.You can use the same front sight comes with the rifle.
With regards,
vsraja

ashokharsana
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ashokharsana » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:03 am

Basu wrote:Ordinarily barrel droop does not affect accuracy.
The grouping in the foto , does not indicate a bad performance both by shooter as well as gun.
Let the AR pass through some 500-600 shots, the size of grouping will surely shrink.
In view to SX 100 , it is better not to expect high power from this gun.
As per my observation SX and VX have similar power plant.

Basu
Yes but even with similar barre length and similar muzzle energy vx100 is somewhat less powerful in terms of range. I have already gone past the 500th shot and the manual states that the Gun takes 100 shots to break in. Hope to get better accuracy after resolving the rear sight issue.

Thanks and happy shooting
Ashok

ashokharsana
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ashokharsana » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:13 am

vsraja wrote:Hi ashokharsana, you can use a peep sight rather than rear sight.You can attach even a cheap peep sight costs 200rs using araldite on the stock.It was more easier than the rear sight for target acquisition and be more accurate than the rear sight.You can use the same front sight comes with the rifle.
Thanks VSraja,
I think the unstability of rear sight might be the main reason for inaccuracy. Will definitely try peep sights. Vx100 comes with fixed front sight btw.
Happy shooting