Precihole VX100 ordered from kovibazaar

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
ashokharsana
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Precihole VX100 ordered from kovibazaar

Post by ashokharsana » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:25 am

GNV wrote:Even though difficult to tell for sure the gun seems (in the photo) to be suffering from barrel drooping. But it should not be a problem when used with the open sights only. Also it seems as if the trigger is non adjustable type ( absence of the spring plunger ).
Hello GNV,
The trigger is single stage non adjustable type. safety is there though.

For Advertising mail webmaster
sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:35 pm

ashokharsana wrote:]
Yes but even with similar barre length and similar muzzle energy vx100 is somewhat less powerful in terms of range. I have already gone past the 500th shot and the manual states that the Gun takes 100 shots to break in. Hope to get better accuracy after resolving the rear sight issue.

Thanks and happy shooting
Ashok
I have a NX100 and I too have faced problems with the sights. For me the front sight was more problematic, the rear sights kept in place but does indeed need occasional tightening of the allen screws. The gun needs sighting in every 1500-2000 shots. But when the sights are zeroed, it has tack driving accuracy at close ranges.
I too could not hit anything reliably beyond 40 metres and open sights. Since my gun was in .22 I attribute it to the lower muzzle velocities and my inability to predict the pellet drop with the increase in range. What pellets do you use? In my experience, in these guns, a lighter pellet gives higher velocity at the muzzle and helps to shoot a little further.
"Aim small, miss small."

ashokharsana
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ashokharsana » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:58 am

Hi All,
Few expeiments with the rear sight and its working fine as of now. I am succesfully hitting (4 out of 5) a 2 rupee coin from 15 yards distance (handheld standing).

Long range:
With precipell field target I am touching 100 yards aim as well. Hitting a steel plate (6 inch radius) 9 out of 10 shots without scope. ( I bought a cheap scope from aliexpress and have ordered a realistic one after being assured of the delivery)

I also tried a tata sky dish antenna at around 200 yards but couldnt hit it even once out of three trials. I think the other factors such as wind, pellet shape and weight, gravitational force and visibility come into play and effect the trajectory of the pellet greatly.

But Hitting a 6 inch target at 50 yards has become quite easy now and trying to hit similar target at 100 yards with soem serious accuracy (waiting for the scope for that reason).

Note: the rifle is making a grinding sound while locking and the locking is not smooth at all. I now understand how they managed low price. Sending pics for reference.
Happy shooting
Ashok
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:52 am

@ashokharsana- congratulations on your new rifle! Looking at the second picture on the top row, I'm assuming it is showing the direction which you are shooting in. In the picture I can also see a plate like object sitting on the wall. Upon zooming in I can also make out what seems to be buildings behind the trees in the picture. If that object sitting on the wall is indeed your target, then no offense meant but don't you think its a dangerous way to shoot as there is no back stop at all? After all, there is always a chance of an injury if not to people in the buildings behind, at least to birds. Your last picture at the bottom right corner says it all where you pointed out how dangerous it can be :P This post is not meant to question or offend you, merely pointing out something of utmost importance that you MAY have overlooked.

ashokharsana
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ashokharsana » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:29 pm

SMJ wrote:@ashokharsana- congratulations on your new rifle! Looking at the second picture on the top row, I'm assuming it is showing the direction which you are shooting in. In the picture I can also see a plate like object sitting on the wall. Upon zooming in I can also make out what seems to be buildings behind the trees in the picture. If that object sitting on the wall is indeed your target, then no offense meant but don't you think its a dangerous way to shoot as there is no back stop at all? After all, there is always a chance of an injury if not to people in the buildings behind, at least to birds. Your last picture at the bottom right corner says it all where you pointed out how dangerous it can be :P This post is not meant to question or offend you, merely pointing out something of utmost importance that you MAY have overlooked.
Hi thanks for showing concern, the plate like object is a dish antenna which was not my tatget and if you zoom a bit more you'll find that I was actually targetting the 2 rupee coin hanging on a rope with the help of a clip. The target is backed by a cement sheet which is 8x4 ft in size and there is a minimal chance that someone who is aiming a 1 inch coin will shoot out of that sheet. (y)

I have been carrying this hobby for quite sometime now and I very well understand the importance of shooting safe and hence the last picture. :)

Happy shooting

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:43 pm

Hi thanks for showing concern, the plate like object is a dish antenna which was not my tatget and if you zoom a bit more you'll find that I was actually targetting the 2 rupee coin hanging on a rope with the help of a clip. The target is backed by a cement sheet which is 8x4 ft in size and there is a minimal chance that someone who is aiming a 1 inch coin will shoot out of that sheet. (y)

I have been carrying this hobby for quite sometime now and I very well understand the importance of shooting safe and hence the last picture. :)

Happy shooting
That's really good to know man (y) sorry but i thought I should point it out if at all it was something you may have missed - evidently not :)

Happy shooting to you as well buddy!

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:57 pm

I have every doubt that how long the scope will hold its place.
Finally it may frustrate you completely.
This scope does not have any back stop and come what may you tight it , it will slide backward.
To stop the backward movement . i had used M-seal just behind the rear mount , not too sure, on plain surface how long it continue to hold.
The gun has already started responding well , I guess.
How are you managing shooting with scope where the gun has a barrel droop ? :shock:

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

ashokharsana
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ashokharsana » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:06 pm

Basu wrote:I have every doubt that how long the scope will hold its place.
Finally it may frustrate you completely.
This scope does not have any back stop and come what may you tight it , it will slide backward.
To stop the backward movement . i had used M-seal just behind the rear mount , not too sure, on plain surface how long it continue to hold.
The gun has already started responding well , I guess.
How are you managing shooting with scope where the gun has a barrel droop ? :shock:

Basu
Hello sir,

You got it right, the scope keeps slipping backwards after few shots and I am not using it for aiming for this very reason (ordered a better scope and a dovetail to picatinny adapter with stop pin).

There is an interesting update in long range shooting: I was just trying my luck aiming (bench rested) at a target roughly 200 yards away and voila I made it :cheers: . I am now quite hopeful for long range shooting with a scope. Moreover, the target was hardly 1 ft at diameter and wind was stronger than usual.

I request others to share their experiences shooting at long distances. I remember somebody mentioned aiming at 100 yard target with just 6 fpe rifle.

Happy shooting
Ashok

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:48 am

please take proper precautions and make sure you and people of Sushant Lok remain safe.

prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:18 am

Arriving late on this thread.....sorry to be poking in so late, but this is just a clarification please- The VX100 front sight is NOT fixed. It is removable.....spot that #2.5 hex screw on top of the metal front sight, unscrew and pry open the thing. Just to reassure you all on this, I have verified the fact officially over email with PH.
Regards,
Prashant

arni_genius
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by arni_genius » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:21 pm

Hi all,

Totally new to ARs....just commenting from my observation. VX100 front sight can be removed by unscrewing the hex bolt just behind the foresight blade using a 2.5mm Allen key. When I got the rifle, the muzzle compensator (if I am guessing correctly) assembly came off with the first shot. Because it was loosely screwed to the barrel.

Regards

arni_genius
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by arni_genius » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:42 am

Hi all,

since I have used both VX and NX, I have noticed a marked difference between those two triggers. Both are two stage, but in the case of NX the first pull is distinctly longer. I don't know whether this is gun specific or series specific. Any thoughts?

prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:37 pm

The BIG difference so far as I figured out is that the one on the NX is adjustable. You can play around with the two pull weights and travels to adjust these to your liking. That is what makes it feel like a truly two stage one. The one on the VX is very basic, although way better and refined than on most Indian ARs.TBH, I truly doubt if the one on my VX is two stage at all!
Prashant

arni_genius
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by arni_genius » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:59 pm

Good to know, regarding NX trigger.....it really gives better control in rested shooting. Quick trigger is good in standing position I feel.
Reading this thread here regarding adjustment viewtopic.php?t=21843&start=15
I think this is a one way adjustment.....you cannot get back your previous preset loads. Will do such once I make some tools.....Thanks for your words Prashant

Regards...
Arnab Biswas

prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:11 pm

Hello Arnab, sorry to be coming back so late on this thread. Was looped out due to some personal stuff.
Just in case, you haven't tried things out yet, here's Do not dis assemble the rifle you may want to consider pls.
On your NX, you do not really need any special tools to adjust the trigger pulls for the two stages or disassemble the rifle.
First, take all safety precautions; saddle and rest the rifle pointing in a safe direction trigger facing upward; loosen the lock nut ; turn the plunger screw clock- or anti- wise (only in small increments depending on what you want); tighten lock nut. Load and fire and check the feel and travel of the trigger. Try several rounds. Keep going this way until you know that a couple of clicks more will take you into the danger zone. You can lock it up there.
For PH triggers, I personally do not advise polishing the sear hatch line. They are pretty well treated. If you do open your rifle and take the trigger apart, the best (and the most) you should do is moly burnish the sear hatchline. Nothing more.
Hope this is of help.
Be safe
Prashant