Sweaty palms and toes

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
tokyo2020
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Sweaty palms and toes

Post by tokyo2020 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:07 pm

I have the problem of sweaty palms during the months of season change.Will this pose a problem to my air rifle shooting?
What are the suggested ways to counter this problem?
Thanks

For Advertising mail webmaster
sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Sweaty palms and toes

Post by sam 47 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:17 pm

Wont rubbing your palms on your trousers and shirt help? :roll: I shoot a lot in the blazing sun, I always rub my hands dry on my trousers. More than sweaty palms sweat dripping from my forehead bothers me more.
"Aim small, miss small."

tokyo2020
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by tokyo2020 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:25 pm

sam 47 wrote:Wont rubbing your palms on your trousers and shirt help? :roll: I shoot a lot in the blazing sun, I always rub my hands dry on my trousers. More than sweaty palms sweat dripping from my forehead bothers me more.
I guess rubbing the hand on shooting jacket every 2 minutes is not a good idea...
I was talking about a match environment...
This happens even in temp. As low as 24 degrees

sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sohampaul11 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:31 pm

Don't worry. That's not a problem. I have hyperhydrosis and I sweat all the time from every part of the body!
Sweaty palm wont pose a problem if you are using gloves. If you are shooting with your bare hands, you can always use talcum powder to reduce the sweating.
As for sweat dripping on the eyes, I always use a headband which doubles as a blind card holder for the non shooting eye.
And using a towel is really helpful to wipe off sweat after every shot if you like.

tokyo2020
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by tokyo2020 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:47 pm

sohampaul11 wrote:Don't worry. That's not a problem. I have hyperhydrosis and I sweat all the time from every part of the body!
Sweaty palm wont pose a problem if you are using gloves. If you are shooting with your bare hands, you can always use talcum powder to reduce the sweating.
As for sweat dripping on the eyes, I always use a headband which doubles as a blind card holder for the non shooting eye.
And using a towel is really helpful to wipe off sweat after every shot if you like.
Thanks sir