Multishot Break Barrel Air Rifles are here

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Multishot Break Barrel Air Rifles are here

Post by snIPer » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:19 pm

Looks like the game changers have arrived.
Just saw this on Pyramid Air -

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Gamo_Swar ... Rifle/4310

never before achieved by airgun manufacturers - a breakbarrel with a 10 shot rotary magazine that slaps a round into the chamber every time you cock the barrel.

/S
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Multishot Break Barrel Air Rifles are here

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:15 pm

This is an interesting idea and innovation. A question for those who are familiar with the physics and design of break barrel air guns. Instead of break barrel design, is it possible to make it pump action type. Such a design in the multi shot gun as displayed in the above videos, would make firing the next shot quicker and smoother. Isn't it?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:23 pm

hmm, that might need more research. The entire rotary clip is part of the barrel - maybe it can be retro fit into other versions - Just thinking :-). Too early to comment though.
/S
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:30 pm

working mechanism of this rifle is demonstrated in this video.
With regards,
vsraja

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:10 pm

I had heard about them being displayed in the shot show 2017, but didn't expect them to arrive this quick!! So glad that gamo has changed from velocity craziness to really cool innovations. :) As usual, have to be content by just reading and seeing videos about it in the net. :(
GBM sir, are you referring to design like that of a pump action shotgun? I don't think that would be possible because cocking the hard mainspring without the leverage of a barrel or side/ under lever is beyond the ability of most of us.
"Aim small, miss small."