Can a tourist buy Air gun in NJ State US

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Can a tourist buy Air gun in NJ State US

Post by sa_ali » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:06 am

My friend is visiting princeton NJ, He was asking of he can buy airgun in princeton and fly out of JFK. I read that NJ treat airgun as firearm only so all laws applicable to firearm would apply on it. Which i interpret that he cannot buy airgun from any store . Please guide.

For Advertising mail webmaster
PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Can a tourist buy Air gun in NJ State US

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:15 pm

Search local Web regarding state/City policy on Airgun,

local dealer would also guide,

but most important is, get clearance from Airline before purchase.
some carriers are absolute no no, for any thing looks similar to weapon
"Men like us don't deserve to die in the bed, field would be a batter option"

Optional : Proper inglish n gramer

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:35 am

Airguns are considered firearms in the Kommunist Republik of Noo Joisey, so his chances of buying one as a tourist are remote.
Also if he is caught with said "firearm" in his possession, its off to the pokey with him. Don't even try it in NJ.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:39 am

yea thanks, i got a link where it cleared my doubt. Not just that even existing airgun, like gamo whisper, is now illegal in NJ, I was shocked to read it.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:37 am

xl_target wrote:Airguns are considered firearms in the Kommunist Republik of Noo Joisey, so his chances of buying one as a tourist are remote.
Also if he is caught with said "firearm" in his possession, its off to the pokey with him. Don't even try it in NJ.
This appears as something interesting(rather disturbing) in the land of 2nd Amendment. I want to understand the legal trick or game being played. If you could please elaborate on the legal tricks played to subvert the 2nd Amendment? Is the judiciary compromised from the backdoor by the ruling elite of New Jersey as in most third world or corrupt countries? Doesn't the 2nd Amendment override the State laws?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:33 am

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:48 pm

Yes read that link. It does not answer my question. It is understandable that in a democracy, by fooling the public, criminals, morons, monkeys and donkeys can get elected as lawmakers. But there is judiciary to put brakes on the law making enthusiasm of law makers and also open the eyes of public. Why the judiciary is not acting? Is there some legal "knot" that has been exploited to prevent the judiciary from acting? Or the judiciary has also been subverted by the elected criminals, morons, monkeys and donkeys?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:26 pm

I know that some states in USA have their own laws regarding gun ownership. But I don't think it is as much difficult to a law abiding citizen to obtain a firearm license in USA as it is in India.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:21 am

goodboy_mentor wrote:Yes read that link. It does not answer my question. It is understandable that in a democracy, by fooling the public, criminals, morons, monkeys and donkeys can get elected as lawmakers. But there is judiciary to put brakes on the law making enthusiasm of law makers and also open the eyes of public. Why the judiciary is not acting? Is there some legal "knot" that has been exploited to prevent the judiciary from acting? Or the judiciary has also been subverted by the elected criminals, morons, monkeys and donkeys?
The main function of the judiciary in the United States is to basically rule whether a law is against the constitution.
They cannot make new laws. Only the Legislative branch makes new laws.
They cannot rule on any subject unless someone files suit. So if legislature of a state passes certain laws and those laws are not challenged by anyone, they remain in force. Of course, this is an oversimplification of the problem and there are many other factors to be considered.
Most states have a character that is unique to them and often that is reflected in who they elect and therefore who writes the laws in those states. The north-eastern states seem to be the states with the most restrictive gun laws. As you go westwards and southwards, the center of the country have the least restrictive gun laws. As you hit the west coast, you will find the laws starting to tighten up again. Places like California have gun laws that are absolutely stupid and lacking of any sense.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:44 am

sa_ali
NJ has gun laws by county also as international tourist stay away from Guns, air guns, ammo, range finders and even scopes in USA ; they are now prosecuting any one exporting or shipping scopes or range finders. No less than Beretta demo salespersons were charged by Customs. I don even drive to range in NJ for this reason..aside from state laws please be aware that one has to comply with TSA rules too; follow the rules to the T..rendition happens folks its real

Best

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:07 pm

xl_target wrote:They cannot rule on any subject unless someone files suit. So if legislature of a state passes certain laws and those laws are not challenged by anyone, they remain in force.
So it means there is 2nd Amendment protection from the courts but due to time and expenses involved no one is approaching the courts? And as a result more and more laws are being enacted by the legislators to mislead the electorate and keep getting votes. Is this also the part of "the problem"?

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:27 pm

ngrewal wrote:they are now prosecuting any one exporting or shipping scopes or range finders.
Scope also, I didnt come across anything on scope, good that you told me. In past, like 3 month back i have carried scopes back with me all the time.

PeterTheFish
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by PeterTheFish » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:02 am

goodboy_mentor wrote:
xl_target wrote:They cannot rule on any subject unless someone files suit. So if legislature of a state passes certain laws and those laws are not challenged by anyone, they remain in force.
So it means there is 2nd Amendment protection from the courts but due to time and expenses involved no one is approaching the courts? And as a result more and more laws are being enacted by the legislators to mislead the electorate and keep getting votes. Is this also the part of "the problem"?
The second amendment, despite its fairly clear language, is not an unchecked law of the land. Courts balance the rights provided by the second amendment against the "public safety benefit" of laws infringing on it.

Most states allow a non-criminal to at least own most common firearms, although some cities make it very difficult. In some states a license to carry is granted only to the political elite, in others any one can carry without need for a license. As federal courts allow some restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms, we are left with a complex patchwork of laws.

Added in 1 minute 27 seconds:
sa_ali wrote:
ngrewal wrote:they are now prosecuting any one exporting or shipping scopes or range finders.
Scope also, I didnt come across anything on scope, good that you told me. In past, like 3 month back i have carried scopes back with me all the time.
Most likely an ITAR issue - fed government has been cracking down on exports of "arms" which is a very broad category of items including scopes, ammo, gun parts & tools, etc...

PeterTheFish
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by PeterTheFish » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:02 am

sa_ali wrote:
Most likely an ITAR issue - fed government has been cracking down on exports of "arms" which is a very broad category of items including scopes, ammo, gun parts & tools, etc...