One more time ,please!

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

One more time ,please!

Post by satyam » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:50 pm

Hi guys,
I know many of you will be annoyed by this post but please help me just one more time as you all have always and I'll not bother you all with my silly questions for 3 months.
I have been asking questions regarding my stance,my gun's cheek plate,myopia,etc. and have got great advice,motivation and help from many people on this forum.But due to lack of any coaching facility and books,I am trying wrong things ,and guess in a way ruining my basics.
I've become so obsessed with improving my shooting that I am unable to focus on my studies(my board exams begin in one month).
Even while studying I am feeling my body movements,posture and all that.
So today I unscrewed the sights,packed my rifle and put it in the deewan(bed) so that I may unlearn all the bad habits I had developed in the past 12 months and then be fresh for starting my training from June.I guess I am not doing something foolish ?
Is there any thing I can do in these 3 months to make myself more ready for the formal coaching which starts in june(skipping,yoga,cycling,push-ups,etc)?
Thank You guys.I am really grateful to this forum.
Will Be back soon!

For Advertising mail webmaster
sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: One more time ,please!

Post by sam 47 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:18 pm

With my limited knowledge I am going to advice skipping. The cardiovascular really helps to control breathing and heart rate and improves shooting.
Best of luck for your boards buddy. (y)
"Aim small, miss small."

Vassili Zaitsev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Vassili Zaitsev » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:14 am

Everyday 30mins you need to stay fit and focussed. Try cardio exercises. Works great for me even if I travel and skipped my Krav maga classes. Jogging at one place for 2mins n followed by light free hands exercises will be fine. If you are little serious then try 50pushups, 50 squats n 50 crunches. You can even try burpies and lunges. And try planks too. Drink a lot of water.
Wish you luck for your exams.
"Everything that has a beginning, has an end !!!"

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:40 am

Eat protein rich foods and do some workouts daily.By that you can be physically as well as mentally fit to take the stress of any kind,it may be exam or a shooting session,you can get the uninterupted supply of concentration in every work.The specific neurological factor produced while exercise is ''BDNF- brain derived neurological factor'',will cross the blood brain barrier , helps in improving concentration and mental ability.
With regards,
vsraja

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:56 am

satyam to me, i may me completely off, you need a good dose of confidence more than anything else.may be anxiety has got the better of you.the one way to improve it is yoga, pranayama and mediation, i know it sounds cliche but believe me its the absolute cutting edge.there is no substitute for physical exercise period... so get yours thrice a week but kindly don't over do it either.anxiety or insecurity is generally linked to low serotonin levels but its more than one factor alone.
vsraja wrote:Eat protein rich foods and do some workouts daily.By that you can be physically as well as mentally fit to take the stress of any kind,it may be exam or a shooting session,you can get the uninterupted supply of concentration in every work.The specific neurological factor produced while exercise is ''BDNF- brain derived neurological factor'',will cross the blood brain barrier , helps in improving concentration and mental ability.
vsraja thanks for sharing it, Amazing bit of information.i guess BDNF does not have to jump the blood brain barrier only its precursors need to.

satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:03 am

ganeshn wrote:satyam to me, i may me completely off, you need a good dose of confidence more than anything else.may be anxiety has got the better of you.the one way to improve it is yoga, pranayama and mediation, i know it sounds cliche but believe me its the absolute cutting edge.there is no substitute for physical exercise period... so get yours thrice a week but kindly don't over do it either.anxiety or insecurity is generally linked to low serotonin levels but its more than one factor alone.
Sir,
this is not due to confidence.If you look from my point of view you will understand that it gets difficult when your parents are asking you to study and you want to too but are unable because the rifle is revolving in your head.I want to learn so many things but lack of resources and time is making me suffer.

When you top your school in class 10 and stop being focussed on studies in class 12 ,your parents get offended too.

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:43 pm

You can better control you breathing, body movements, postures etc by just being relaxed. So quit worrying and concentrate on your exams. Once they are finished and the tension off your mind you will find your shooting also improving.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:19 am

satyam wrote:
ganeshn wrote:satyam to me, i may me completely off, you need a good dose of confidence more than anything else.may be anxiety has got the better of you.the one way to improve it is yoga, pranayama and mediation, i know it sounds cliche but believe me its the absolute cutting edge.there is no substitute for physical exercise period... so get yours thrice a week but kindly don't over do it either.anxiety or insecurity is generally linked to low serotonin levels but its more than one factor alone.
Sir,
this is not due to confidence.If you look from my point of view you will understand that it gets difficult when your parents are asking you to study and you want to too but are unable because the rifle is revolving in your head.I want to learn so many things but lack of resources and time is making me suffer.

When you top your school in class 10 and stop being focussed on studies in class 12 ,your parents get offended too.
Ooops...i was reading between the lines.