Suggestions Please!!

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Suggestions Please!!

Post by satyam » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:57 pm

How can I make the butt of my Precihole NX 100 Scorpius sit more comfortably and firmly on my shoulder.Also is there any way by which I can modify the cheek rest so that I don not have to bend my neck too much to get in line with my peep sights.
Thank you.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Suggestions Please!!

Post by Basu » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:40 pm

Yes......Surely .
You can get hold of skilled carpenter who can make one wooden butt for you as per your choice.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:12 pm

Or on the other hand, you may search for a quiet old post by GNV where he had modified the cheek piece of his AARMAR.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:25 pm

Basu wrote:Yes......Surely .
You can get hold of skilled carpenter who can make one wooden butt for you as per your choice.

Basu
But that would be expensive.I guess.
If not,I can request my parents.

Added in 5 minutes 6 seconds:
Big Daddy wrote:Or on the other hand, you may search for a quiet old post by GNV where he had modified the cheek piece of his AARMAR.

BD
That has given me ideas worth implementing.Thanks BD (y)

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:45 pm

You can try attaching a strap-on cheekpad...

satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:36 pm

Basu
Sir,
Is having a long neck physically an advantage or disadvantage for an air-rifle shooter(standing position)?

Rudransh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rudransh » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:57 pm

Dear Satyam

Don't think like this I have friend who shoots rifles with one hand because his another hand is not fully developed and it's weak.so anybody can shoot perfectly just invest some time into sports and you will excel with Ur uniqueness.

Regards
Veerbhadra

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:31 am

satyam wrote:

Basu
Sir,
Is having a long neck physically an advantage or disadvantage for an air-rifle shooter(standing position)?
Satyam, sorry could not answer your questions earlier. I had read that you were very bothered about myopia also. Dont bother, simple glasses will fix them. As for long neck :) dont ever think any of your physical uniqueness is your weakness. When you buy a rifle capable of winning an Olympic gold, they are designed so that they can be customized and fit like a glove to almost every variety of man in this world.
As for the stock of Scorpius, I advise against taking it to a carpenter. If he is unable to make the area of the cocking slot exactly like the precihole stock, you will break the cocking link the first time you try to cock the rifle. One of the most experienced IFGians, Brihacharanji had posted it some time ago if I remember correctly. His problem was fixed by another fellow IFGian.
Following GNV sir's post is a good idea, the other simple one that doesnot require messing with tools is strapping on some sponge or foam or some other soft material into the cheek piece with duct tape. It is really comfortable, one of my friends made it for his IHP 35 after watching "American Sniper" ROTFL
Here is a pic that inspired him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Aim small, miss small."

satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:46 am

Rudransh wrote:Dear Satyam

Don't think like this I have friend who shoots rifles with one hand because his another hand is not fully developed and it's weak.so anybody can shoot perfectly just invest some time into sports and you will excel with Ur uniqueness.

Regards
Veerbhadra
Thanks Rudransh for your kind and inspiring words :D

Added in 5 minutes 29 seconds:
sam 47 wrote:
satyam wrote:

Basu
Sir,
Satyam, sorry could not answer your questions earlier. I had read that you were very bothered about myopia also. Dont bother, simple glasses will fix them. As for long neck :) dont ever think any of your physical uniqueness is your weakness. When you buy a rifle capable of winning an Olympic gold, they are designed so that they can be customized and fit like a glove to almost every variety of man in this world.
As for the stock of Scorpius, I advise against taking it to a carpenter. If he is unable to make the area of the cocking slot exactly like the precihole stock, you will break the cocking link the first time you try to cock the rifle. One of the most experienced IFGians, Brihacharanji had posted it some time ago if I remember correctly. His problem was fixed by another fellow IFGian.
Following GNV sir's post is a good idea, the other simple one that doesnot require messing with tools is strapping on some sponge or foam or some other soft material into the cheek piece with duct tape. It is really comfortable, one of my friends made it for his IHP 35 after watching "American Sniper" ROTFL
Here is a pic that inspired him.
Thanks sam47 :D
You need not be sorry for replying late.
I noticed one thing.The problem is not the cheek pad but the low level of peep sights.If I make the cheek pad higher,then I won't be able to look properly through the sights and center the tunnel.I guess I should be patient till I get a proper air rifle :stupid:

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:30 pm

How can I make the butt of my Precihole NX 100 Scorpius sit more comfortably and firmly on my shoulder.
Assuming you are holding the rifle correctly and the length of pull is not too small or large, you can replace the butt pad with an adjustable butt pad/plate.

Also is there any way by which I can modify the cheek rest so that I don not have to bend my neck too much to get in line with my peep sights.
Firstly, if you are shooting at just one fixed distance, say 10 metres, you may not need to modify the comb or cheek piece. Instead of canting your neck too much, cant the rifle instead. This will preclude you from bending your neck excessively.

Should you wish to modify the butt stock and assuming these stocks are solid and not hollow, you can cut out the existing relevant portion and make yourself an adjustable cheek piece.

Without seeing how you currently hold and shoot the rifle, it is difficult to prescribe a guaranteed solution. If you are doing something wrong, changing the rifle is not the solution.

satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:48 pm

Mack The Knife wrote:
How can I make the butt of my Precihole NX 100 Scorpius sit more comfortably and firmly on my shoulder.
Assuming you are holding the rifle correctly and the length of pull is not too small or large, you can replace the butt pad with an adjustable butt pad/plate.

Also is there any way by which I can modify the cheek rest so that I don not have to bend my neck too much to get in line with my peep sights.
Firstly, if you are shooting at just one fixed distance, say 10 metres, you may not need to modify the comb or cheek piece. Instead of canting your neck too much, cant the rifle instead. This will preclude you from bending your neck excessively.

Should you wish to modify the butt stock and assuming these stocks are solid and not hollow, you can cut out the existing relevant portion and make yourself an adjustable cheek piece.

Without seeing how you currently hold and shoot the rifle, it is difficult to prescribe a guaranteed solution. If you are doing something wrong, changing the rifle is not the solution.
But canting the rifle causes the group to move left/right.
Here is a video for that by Heinz Reinkemeier:

If I adjust the sights to compensate for the canting I guess I will be making it more difficult for myself to cant the rifle exactly the same every time!!
And that would be a bad habit I guess!!
Regarding my stance,I am posting picture of that so that you can have a clear view:
Thanks and waiting for response.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by satyam on Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:51 pm

To my best knowledge, canting a rifle does not throw the shot group left or right, in a fixed distance. If you put the target say at 15 m , the group will move diagonally up or down, depending on direction of cant and direction of rifle spin imparted on pellet. I will try to find more details and share with you.
"Aim small, miss small."

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:02 pm

Looking at your stance, I think as MTK said all you need is an adjustable butt pad. Your rifle looks too low to me.
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:22 pm

You could see through him in the pic?

Added in 7 minutes 21 seconds:
Satyam,

If you are shooting at a FIXED distance, look up the net or buy TenX's book on target shooting and get your shooting basics right.

Use the unmodified rifle whilst you are in the process of learning the basics.

Once you start achieving some consistency and experience, only then will you be able to take a more informed decision.

satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:44 pm

Mack The Knife wrote:You could see through him in the pic?
Sir,
What does this mean?
As soon as my exams get over I'll buy the book "TenX".