Suggestions Please!!

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Suggestions Please!!

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:41 pm

satyam wrote:
Mack The Knife wrote:You could see through him in the pic?
Sir,
What does this mean?
As soon as my exams get over I'll buy the book "TenX".

That was for me

MTK, I thought so looking at the way he is canting his head. Looks unnatural :?
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:38 pm

satyam wrote:As soon as my exams get over I'll buy the book "TenX".
All study and no play makes Satyam a dull boy.

You must give first priority to your studies but taking a break doing something you like will only help.

PM me your full name and address and I'll send you a copy of TenX's book.

Stay focused.

sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sohampaul11 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:45 pm

I would suggest changing your left arm from holding the rifle in a palm position to holding it in a fist position or even a split finger position if required. Though palm position feels the most planted, but it is not suited for people with long necks or short arms or both. Fist position and split finger holding works fine with people having long necks or short fore arms. To visualize a fist position, make a fist with your left hand and place it under your rifle close to the trigger guard. The contact point will be from the knuckles to the first joint in your fingers. You can try various angles too.
To understand the split finger position, you need to turn you hand with the palm towards you and the fingers pointing up. Place the rifle between your first and third fingers with the thumb pointing towards the trigger guard for a third point of contact.

Imageimage sharing sites

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:50 pm

kanwar76 wrote:I thought so....
That's not good enough. Even a pic or video from the other side wouldn't have helped me much in correcting his errors via this medium.

It would be ideal if he can get a good shooter to coach him, if not he can learn from books like many of us did. He has the advantage of the net, especially YouTube to learn from.

satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:23 pm

sohampaul11 wrote:I would suggest changing your left arm from holding the rifle in a palm position to holding it in a fist position or even a split finger position if required. Though palm position feels the most planted, but it is not suited for people with long necks or short arms or both. Fist position and split finger holding works fine with people having long necks or short fore arms. To visualize a fist position, make a fist with your left hand and place it under your rifle close to the trigger guard. The contact point will be from the knuckles to the first joint in your fingers. You can try various angles too.
To understand the split finger position, you need to turn you hand with the palm towards you and the fingers pointing up. Place the rifle between your first and third fingers with the thumb pointing towards the trigger guard for a third point of contact.

Imageimage sharing sites
This were some great advise :cheers:

sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sohampaul11 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:40 pm

:cheers: