What is the SDB artemis rail made of?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
avihkd
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

What is the SDB artemis rail made of?

Post by avihkd » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:27 pm

Hello, everyone . Hv just ordered a SDB Artemis for satisfying my desire of long range shooting. ...Heard that the rifle comes with a scope rail installed on it, which meets my additional demand of installing a 3*7-20 scope. But just wonder if the installed rail is made of metal or plastic. Because non-metallic rail easily comes out when screws are tighten! Any guess, guys!!

For Advertising mail webmaster
sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: What is the SDB artemis rail made of?

Post by sam 47 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:01 pm

The SDB artemis comes with 11 mm dovetails machined into the spring tube, and it is made of the same metal as the rest of the spring tube. The rails are a part of the spring tube, there is no way on earth you can take it apart without damaging the spring tube.. You just need mounts which usually comes with the scope to mount the scope on the gun. There are also scope stop holes to prevent backward movement of the scope, 3 of them to suit you. Here is a picture from my Artemis.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Aim small, miss small."

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:27 pm

avihkd wrote:Hello, everyone . Hv just ordered a SDB Artemis for satisfying my desire of long range shooting. ...Heard that the rifle comes with a scope rail installed on it, which meets my additional demand of installing a 3*7-20 scope. But just wonder if the installed rail is made of metal or plastic. Because non-metallic rail easily comes out when screws are tighten! Any guess, guys!!
Buddy its made of low-tensile organometal - it slaps the scope back into place every time it recoils backwards! :mrgreen: :twisted:
Last edited by nitroex700 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:36 pm

nitroex700 wrote: Buddy its made of low-tensile organic metal - it slaps the scope back into place every time it recoils backwards! :mrgreen: :twisted:
Have you read the post I made above? I even attached a picture to show it. Scope rail made of organic metal?? :shock: :shock: The scope rails in the cheaper guns like the UTA ranger are usually a 11 mm piece of metal brass welded or fixed with epoxy , reason why I believe avihkd asked the question.
I have never heard of any organic material used in the spring tube of springer a let alone the scope rails. The only organic part used in modern low cost indian guns are the leather breech and piston seals.

By the way , what exactly is a "organic metal"? May help me solve question papers sometime.. :mrgreen:
"Aim small, miss small."

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:40 pm

sam 47 wrote:
nitroex700 wrote: Have you read the post I made above? I even attached a picture to show it. Scope rail made of organic metal?? :shock: :shock: The scope rails in the cheaper guns like the UTA ranger are usually a 11 mm piece of metal brass welded or fixed with epoxy , reason why I believe avihkd asked the question.
I have never heard of any organic material used in the spring tube of springer a let alone the scope rails. The only organic part used in modern low cost indian guns are the leather breech and piston seals.

By the way , what exactly is a "organic metal"? May help me solve question papers sometime.. :mrgreen:
Murdered the joke mate! :(

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:54 pm

nitroex700 wrote: Murdered the joke mate! :(
So very sorry man. :oops: I thought the air gun forum was serious discussions only. I thought it would have confused the original poster as it did me. Never was I able to understand it was a joke. :roll: :lol:
"Aim small, miss small."

avihkd
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by avihkd » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:04 pm

sam 47 wrote:The SDB artemis comes with 11 mm dovetails machined into the spring tube, and it is made of the same metal as the rest of the spring tube. The rails are a part of the spring tube, there is no way on earth you can take it apart without damaging the spring tube.. You just need mounts which usually comes with the scope to mount the scope on the gun. There are also scope stop holes to prevent backward movement of the scope, 3 of them to suit you. Here is a picture from my Artemis.

Thank you so much sam47. You have saved me from weeks long tension! Does the scope installed on those rails remain in zero for a fairly long time or one needs to zero in after 15-20 shoots?

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:58 pm

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Basu
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Not all those wander , are lost...............

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:15 am

Basu wrote:ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Basu
See! I told you its organometal rail that slaps the scope back into position every time it recoils... :mrgreen:

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:18 am

avihkd wrote:[ You have saved me from weeks long tension! Does the scope installed on those rails remain in zero for a fairly long time or one needs to zero in after 15-20 shoots?
Depends on the quality of the scope as well as the mounts.
"Aim small, miss small."

Rudransh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rudransh » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:28 pm

Zeroing is mostly depends on the mount and little on scope for sub 15 for airrifles.single piece mount with stopper pin will hold zero for almost forever if piston seal ,breach seal and springs hold the velocity.

Basu dada I had sent u pics of my Artemis with setup remember it still holds zeroing after 5000shots u know me I am abuser not just user.

Regards

Veerbhadra

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:32 pm

Rudransh wrote:Zeroing is mostly depends on the mount and little on scope for sub 15 for airrifles.single piece mount with stopper pin will hold zero for almost forever if piston seal ,breach seal and springs hold the velocity.

Basu dada I had sent u pics of my Artemis with setup remember it still holds zeroing after 5000shots u know me I am abuser not just user.

Regards

Veerbhadra
:agree: As for holding zero goes, the artemis is no.1. I don't have a scope, but I have disassembled and reassembled the entire rifle without losing the zero of the iron sights.
"Aim small, miss small."

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:20 am

@ Veer- A single piece mount with stopper pin , is the best for a 15 FPE Air Rifle. (y)
I know for certain that you do not use the AR but abuse the AR on daily basis in terms of nos.of firing. :shock:
Scope grooves of Artemis , Sport and GenNex are so nicely cut that the mount can hold them properly and remain there almost till eternity.
@sam47- Mine is 3-7X40 sasta scope on Sport and so far there is no any issue due to recoil. :mrgreen:

Basu

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:26 am

Basuda, how many scopes do you have?
"Aim small, miss small."

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:00 am

Tow only......

3-7X 40 and 4X20 :D
One 4X32 is stuck at customs :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Basu