Looking to buy Precihole in Mumbai

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Looking to buy Precihole in Mumbai

Post by sam 47 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:58 am

Yes, don't mess with a set air rifle until you have problems which necessitate disassembly. How much space have you indoors? When shooting indoors, use a solid metal plate as a bactstop to prevent damage to the walls, and behind the target paper place card board or thermocol to prevent ricochet. When I was younger and stupider, I used only cardboard as backstop, and I remember the very first indoors shooting session with the Scorpius (10m range) lasting about 50 pellets had made a very nice 1 hole group and half inch deep in the perimeter wall. Get it to a range and get a consistent grouping at 10 m. That way ,when you move back to further distances, you will have little trouble. Many veteran members here are from Mumbai.
I am from kolkata man.
"Aim small, miss small."

For Advertising mail webmaster
Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:16 pm

It's been barely 20-30 shots with precipells since I didn't get much time over the weekend, and the gun's performing rather well! I made a makeshift bullet trap with 4 layers of cardboard (to suppress ricochet and shrapnel) and a thick steel plate sandwiched inside. Here is a grouping of 5 rounds at about 6 meters. I'm not at all an experienced shooter as you can see, but the shots literally landed on each other! I was aiming dead centre all the time, so I think I'll have to recalibrate the sights slightly to the left and a point down. I'll fire some more after work and see how it goes! Really happy with the accuracy thus far. I know 6m is a bit too close, but for now that's about the max length of my house corridor. I'm waiting for the carry bag to arrive from 10kya, without which I won't dare take the rifle out of the house. I'm afraid the cops may land me in trouble just for some chai-pani.Image

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:43 pm

You really require some skill so that the shots don't land on each other at this distance. :mrgreen: Reason why it is suggested to newbies. While adjusting sights , rotate them 3 clicks at a time as the sights are micrometer adjustable, and move the rear sight in the direction in which you want the pellet to go.
Keep shooting and you will get it. Here is a picture of a 30 shot group at 50 feet with pointed pellets shot with my Scorpius almost 8 months back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Aim small, miss small."