Looking to buy Precihole in Mumbai

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Looking to buy Precihole in Mumbai

Post by Eldroidism » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:24 pm

For some reason my above reply seems to have been cut short/edited. I was asking about the penetration power of air rifles like the NX100. A friend says he shattered car windshields at approx 50 meters at a junk yard. I find it hard to believe because I understand that windshields are made extremely well, and is not just standard glass. Hence it would take a lot of energy to shatter one. Can anyone shed light on this? I would like to gain a proper understanding of air rifles before I go and buy one.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:46 pm

He might just have broken the outer layer of glass, there is no way you can shatter windshield glass at 50 m and the pellet exit the other side. AFAIK, windshields are pretty solid and designed to take impact. But if he was using a magnum springer....The NX100 guns though advertised at 12 fpe produce 10-11 fpe at the muzzle. At 50 feet, it doesn't even penetrate coconut properly. 3 consecutive overlapping shots on coconut shell only cracks it, the 4/5th shot will penetrate. Windshields are harder than coconut I think. Remember that in air rifles, the .177 takes less energy to penetrate , domes and pointed pellets penetrate the most, and it will pass through thin aluminum , tin sheets , and some PVC pipes depends on thickness and condition and break glass windows. All these within the max effective range of 12 fpe air rifles, 35 metres. But they ratain enough energy out to considerable distances to do serous injury to living animals. They don't pass through thick wood and plywood, but will bury themselves completely in the wood. Due to their potential to inflict serious injuries at distances, a solid steel backstop is preferable. Penetration in living tissues/ flesh is another thing , but remember air rifles are not toys and can cause much injury to you or anyone around if used carelessly. Will give you more info on penetration/ damage on animal tissues if you ask for it specifically. I have had a very bad accident that always reminds me of air rifles penetrating capabilities.
"Aim small, miss small."

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:28 pm

Please, do go on. I am keen to know about flesh related injuries too? I'm worried about accidents. How deep would it penetrate at say 5-10m? Also, would it penetrate a human skull? I would hope not.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:55 pm

No of course it will not penetrate human skull(sometimes at the flat surfaces of the skull it may like the temple) .Tests done by some very experienced hunters in American forum have concluded that 3.5 ft/lbs in .177 will penetrate 1 inch of solid flesh. So assuming your gun puts out 10.5 ft/lbs it will have enough oomph to penetrate 3 inch of solid flesh. But thankfully, living animal bodies are not made of a single kind of homogenous tissue ,drastically reducing penetration; there are protective membranes around each organ , and all vitals are protected by bones and pellets at these energies simply don't do anything to bones. But in accidents, you are not in control, the pellet might just slip past the ribs and perforate the lungs, or puncture the diaphragm. If shot in the abdomen it might penetrate the guts, stomach or liver. Even if they don't hit anything, an inch or two deep flesh wound is one of the most traumatic experience you will face unlike Hollywood movies which says its nothing. I have an experience. While loading one of the worst air rifles made, a GD 600 ,the gun autofired and sent the pointed pellet at an angle into my left hand index finger. The gun produced hardly 6-7.5 fpe and was a .22(4.5-5ft/lb per inch). Even still it sent the pellet diagonally one inch deep through the flesh and stopped the pellet only after it nicked the bone. Had it been a square hit, I have no doubt it would have passed clean through my finger. It was a leading plastic surgeon in Kolkata who saved my finger. So my friend, exercise caution while shooting air rifles.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Aim small, miss small."

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:54 am

Interesting. That's what I wanted to know. I'll exercise caution then...

I was afraid because my nephews are very young and have the tendency to play around the farmhouse. I doubt they'd have the strength to cock the gun, but still I'd be worried if something were to go wrong and they get hurt. I'll lock the gun away in that case.

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:51 am

Just an update.

I've still not had any luck in finding the NX100 in local stores. Can anyone please help me with shop names/contact numbers in Mumbai where I may find it?

I do 95% of my gadget shopping online, but when it comes to this, I really want to get a hands-on experience before I finalise buying it. Also, online stores seem to have only brown butt options. I was hoping to get an entirely black rifle.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:26 am

Eldroidism wrote:Just an update.

I've still not had any luck in finding the NX100 in local stores. Can anyone please help me with shop names/contact numbers in Mumbai where I may find it?

Go to precihole sports .com , scroll down to the dealers section , and click on Maharashtra. You will get the names and contact of all dealers present in Maharashtra selling precihole. Here is the link .http://preciholesports.com/#dealers
Additionally you may visit the yellow pages on this forum, it has a comprehensive list of all arms dealers across India.
"Aim small, miss small."

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:56 pm

Thanks Sam, I've already done that. Problem with some of the locations in Mumbai is that no one really answers the phone. I've gone to 3 of those recommended locations, and they're all out of stock for some odd reason. I guess, I'll try the other places on that list tomorrow.

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:50 pm

Soooooo.... I've finally ordered the NX100 + Precipell 500 round heads + GECO pointed head pellets from 10kya.com.

After phoning a few shops, I realised the discounts on this site were the best, and went for it. Check out the pricing in the pictures below! The shops were quoting 13,500 for the standard non-rust free version, and here I've got the rust free one for 13,490.

Aside from this, I'm getting 15% Rs. 2200) cash back on the site, which I'm investing in buying a new carry bag + more pellets! Amazing deal, I'd say.

Ordered today, and the customer care says it should reach by tomorrow evening as the warehouse is close by. Fingers crossed.

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:42 pm

And... it's here. It's amazing! Not a big fan of the brown butt, but that's the only colour they have. Got the RF chrome plated version. It's a lot more powerful than I thought it would be. Went straight through 5 sheets of cardboard and dented the steel vessel behind. I'm a little scared to use it now, and probably should save it only for the farmhouse/shooting range. The cocking is a little hard, but that's because it's new and I'm a newbie to air rifles. Will upload better pics later.ImageImage

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:02 pm

Eldroidism wrote:And... it's here. It's amazing! Not a big fan of the brown butt, but that's the only colour they have. Got the RF chrome plated version. It's a lot more powerful than I thought it would be. Went straight through 5 sheets of cardboard and dented the steel vessel behind. I'm a little scared to use it now, and probably should save it only for the farmhouse/shooting range. The cocking is a little hard, but that's because it's new and I'm a newbie to air rifles. Will upload better pics later.ImageImage

Nice gun. Happy shooting! :)

May I suggest you something? Before you start banging away, take it to a mistri, get it disassembled, degrease it with petrol and relube everything with a very light coat of moly - it will drastically reduce your break-in time. You may also get its trigger tuned to your preference, I would suggest against going too light..

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:25 pm

It's already prel-ubed with moly. Thanks for the advise, still will consider it. Can you point me to some nice shooting ranges in Mumbai? I have a few in town on my list, but town is a little far for me. Was hoping for ones close to andheri west.

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:39 pm

Eldroidism wrote:It's already prel-ubed with moly. Thanks for the advise, still will consider it. Can you point me to some nice shooting ranges in Mumbai? I have a few in town on my list, but town is a little far for me. Was hoping for ones close to andheri west.

Am not sure about the pre-lubing part.. Precihole has been reported to leak oil from trigger area while firing.. Unless you got it done yourself, don't expect your dealer to use 5000rs/kg lube on your gun.. :D
I think a few new guys have joined IFG recently. At least two of them were from Andheri. There are many others here from Bombay who might be able to help you out.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:55 pm

Eldroidism wrote:And... it's here. It's amazing! Not a big fan of the brown butt, but that's the only colour they have. Got the RF chrome plated version. It's a lot more powerful than I thought it would be. Went straight through 5 sheets of cardboard and dented the steel vessel behind. I'm a little scared to use it now, and probably should save it only for the farmhouse/shooting range. The cocking is a little hard, but that's because it's new and I'm a newbie to air rifles. Will upload better pics later.ImageImage

Now now eldroid, weren't you so very eager to buy a all black air rifle? :mrgreen: You have got yourself undoubtedly one of the best guns in the market.
It comes right out of the factory quite refined, and you will require only a few probably 20 shots to get it settled, and by 100 shots it will be a charm. The butt is as black as you can get here in this market.
Just shoot and enjoy. This gun is a most excellent base to work on your marksmanship.
Don't worry about the cocking effort, it is the easiest cocking gun in the market for the power level, and I can basically cock it with two fingers of my left hand with ease. You will get strong with time. :wink:
Do post the pictures of the gun and targets which you shoot. Enjoy your new possession. :cheers:

Added in 7 minutes 54 seconds:
nitroex700 wrote:
Eldroidism wrote:It's already prel-ubed with moly. Thanks for the advise, still will consider it. Can you point me to some nice shooting ranges in Mumbai? I have a few in town on my list, but town is a little far for me. Was hoping for ones close to andheri west.

Am not sure about the pre-lubing part.. Precihole has been reported to leak oil from trigger area while firing.. Unless you got it done yourself, don't expect your dealer to use 5000rs/kg lube on your gun.. :D
I think a few new guys have joined IFG recently. At least two of them were from Andheri. There are many others here from Bombay who might be able to help you out.
That is no leaking, it is the excess oil that comes out of the trigger assembly which was used to lubricate it. The very fact is mentioned in the manual clearly. The precihole comes from the factory quite refined with all necessities covered, and will shoot atleast 5000-10000 shots without a glitch save a few trigger issues( which I was unfortunate enough to have, most people dont have it). IMHO, precihole polaris is not a gun you disassemble as soon as you get it, that trouble should be saved for some of the more cruder guns.
"Aim small, miss small."

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:14 am

Okay guys... First things first. I love the gun. Yes sam, this is as black as they come [emoji23]

I decided to go with the chrome version due to my infrequent usage, and trust me, it is beautiful! As for the cocking, first 5 were tough, now it's fine! I wasn't used to the motion of cocking it and secondly the gun was brand new and took a few strokes to get it settled. It's absolutely fine now! What a work of art this gun is! As for lubing it, it's fine. I won't mess with the factory config as of now (probably not ever). Trigger is adjusted just fine as well. Oil leakages? Just a bit, maybe less than a drop after 20 shots. But that's absolutely normal with any mechanical device. I'm super happy with this gun and can't wait to get it to a range. I'm only scared for firing it indoors as my flat in Mumbai isn't too big and I fear ricochet and the pellet hitting me in the eye. Thanks for all the advise guys! Looking forward to meeting all of you, especially Sam. BTW, where are you from Sam? Any chance we can shoot a few rounds someday?