How to get the most out of my shooting sessions?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

How to get the most out of my shooting sessions?

Post by satyam » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:25 pm

Since I am a student I get only about 40 minutes to shoot daily.I wanted to know how I could maximize my learning in these 40 minutes.I practice on my terrace with 10 m ISSF targets and a precihole NX 100 Scorpius with peep sights fitted on it.

For Advertising mail webmaster
sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: How to get the most out of my shooting sessions?

Post by sam 47 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:21 pm

satyam wrote:Since I am a student I get only about 40 minutes to shoot daily.I wanted to know how I could maximize my learning in these 40 minutes.I practice on my terrace with 10 m ISSF targets and a precihole NX 100 Scorpius with peep sights fitted on it.
Hey man, I am also a student, and passed my boards last year. I used to shoot 2 hours daily with the Scorpius, but still managed to score 92% in the ISC. :stupid:
However, if you are from CBSE board, I suggest, spend that 40 mins on studying also for the boards. To get the most out, keep the track of your scores in the paper,&maintain the records.That way you will know whether you are progressing , keeping even, or downgraded. If you see, that your scores are less than average , try to identify the problem like your hold, or stance or follow through etc. and improve at it. When you break 500 consistently, you will know that you have achieved a lot and can expect top results in shooting competitions. The best way to improve all round is to shoot more. When I started air gunning just after passing class 8, I couldn't keep 10 shots on an A4 paper. Now I can shoot 1\3 inch ctc with 10 shots.
I hope you have read TenX sirs post on how to shoot in the Indian context.
I hope he and some other target shooters like Soham Paul give you way better suggestions and tips for your goal.
"Aim small, miss small."

satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:11 pm

Thanks Sam 47
I am from CBSE board :(
Is it possible to score 500+ with nx 100 scorpius ?
The best I have got is 70/100.
How are you pursuing shooting along with your college studies now?Do you get more time than previous year?
I have read both Ten X Sir's and Soham Paul Sir's post.
They have personally helped me immensely in many of my queries. :D

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:11 pm

Satyam, I don't think its possible to score 500+ in a match with a break barrel with 11 fpe at the muzzle. You should have bought a club version of the rifle. I think you atleast need an entry level match rifle for hitting 500+ scores repeatedly. But I think Soham Paul won a state level match with open sights with the club version before buying his anchutz. I think the precihole PCP will be the best bet for you.
Once you pass boards and get into a college things will be a lot easier. The CBSE board is over generous in class X boards, and equally strict and miserly for the XIIth board. 8)
"Aim small, miss small."

satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:31 pm

yes sam 47
:agree: