Ordered Rifle scope from china

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Ordered Rifle scope from china

Post by estousandy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:37 pm

sam 47 wrote: I know you have quite a few airsofts and seem experienced in these matter, so if you can help us as to how proceed ...
I'm afraid there's not much to be done once it's in than follow the due procedure. Airsoft is an undefined entity so arguments could be traded but riflescope is explicitly mentioned in the restricted list, however unfair that is. They'll throw the book at you. One fine day it might get released if any normal official takes the file but that's all luck.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

For Advertising mail webmaster
himanshu maru
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by himanshu maru » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:01 am

Hi just receave my parcel yesterday. It seems that custom people open my parsel as it was open and coner with tape and string.

Sent from my SM-G928G using Tapatalk

Added in 35 seconds:
Re: RE: Re: Ordered Rifle scope from china
himanshu maru wrote:Hi inspering with bkmarks55 i also ordered same scope on 19 dec. Seller has shipped it on 22 and marked as sports item. Will keep you posted once receaved and its performance on my benjamin marauder .177.

Hi i received my courier Yesterday and it seems that it was opened at custom.the packed was open and packed again with brown tape and string . I have askes seller to mark it as sports item and gift which he has done.
20170121_220928.jpg
20170121_220928.jpg
20170121_220913.jpg
20170121_220919.jpg
Last edited by himanshu maru on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

himanshu maru
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: RE: Re: Ordered Rifle scope from china

Post by himanshu maru » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:08 am

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Added in 6 minutes 52 seconds:
It comes with 2 set of scope rings one in 20 mm and other in 11mm. And one cleaning cloth.
I thinsk the quality is decent compared with cost i paid.clearity is good and is holding its center after 75 shots i shoot through my precihole nx100. Planing to mount it on my benjamin m rod.

himanshu maru
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by himanshu maru » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:08 am

It comes with 2 set of scope rings one in 20 mm and other in 11mm. And one cleaning cloth.
I thinsk the quality is decent compared with cost i paid.clearity is good and is holding its center after 75 shots i shoot through my precihole nx100. Planing to mount it on my benjamin m rod.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:25 am

What the hell!!?? :? It seems every custom department allows entry of scope after inspection except the Kolkata customs. It seems I will be stuck forever with irons. :(
"Aim small, miss small."

bkmarks55
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bkmarks55 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:55 pm

himanshu maru wrote:It comes with 2 set of scope rings one in 20 mm and other in 11mm. And one cleaning cloth.

Hi Himanshu

Good to hear you received.mine came with only 1 set of 20mm i never got 11mm.Lucky you..Good shooting

himanshu maru
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by himanshu maru » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:57 pm

11 mm was a completely gift from seller as 20mm was of no use to me.

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:00 pm

sam 47 wrote: It seems every custom department allows entry of scope after inspection except ..
It all depends on the inspector who goes through the pulled up items. Say if i'm in their position, i'd let a scope through even if it unfairly comes under any fancy list. Such people are rare to come by in the dept but they are out there. Scope issues were reported at other customs offices too so it's not just yours. The main issue with filed articles related to "guns" is the mention of arms act they leave as a remark in the file, which scares away most officials who take the file later for clearing. There are always exceptions & that's when some months old detained articles suddenly show up at the doorsteps. So wait, it may still arrive even if everything else fails.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:00 pm

estousandy wrote:
sam 47 wrote: It seems every custom department allows entry of scope after inspection except ..
It all depends on the inspector who goes through the pulled up items. Say if i'm in their position, i'd let a scope through even if it unfairly comes under any fancy list. Such people are rare to come by in the dept but they are out there. Scope issues were reported at other customs offices too so it's not just yours. The main issue with filed articles related to "guns" is the mention of arms act they leave as a remark in the file, which scares away most officials who take the file later for clearing. There are always exceptions & that's when some months old detained articles suddenly show up at the doorsteps. So wait, it may still arrive even if everything else fails.
Estousandy, after you and some others mentioned the restricted items, I found the list of restricted items to import. It is very clearly mentioned for traders, companies/firms who are looking to import for selling items to other people in the market. There is no mention about a single item for personal use.( To my limited understanding of such complicated matters).
I attach the application for import of restricted items to be submitted to DGFT. Here also there is mention of firm/company and no mention for single item for personal use.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Aim small, miss small."

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:28 pm

http://dgft.gov.in/exim/2000/dn/ftpdnl/ ... 0items.doc

Entry #400
sam 47 wrote:There is no mention about a single item for personal use.
Since the item itself is restricted, they got no reason to consider the personal angle if keen on harassing the buyer.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:24 am

estousandy wrote:Since the item itself is restricted, they got no reason to consider the personal angle if keen on harassing the buyer.
May read this https://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopi ... 30#p245812 But as we know personal liberty(non commercial liberty) despite being "guaranteed" under the Constitution, it is rarely respected by the bureaucrats especially when the corrupt ones can make money. The judicial system is also well known by what it is. The licensing authorities to issue licenses are created under Article 307 of the Constitution to regulate "trade commerce and intercourse". They are not competent to issue "license" for non commercial matters but the things are as they are in this country due to legal illiteracy and ignorance. The matters that are in restricted category should be allowed for personal use provided they are not prohibited from possession by law. The rifle scopes are not an item that are prohibited for possession, they ought to be allowed. Similarly if one has license for gun possession it should be allowed. The situation is that if one brings in rifle scope into India by hook or crook, then it is perfectly legal to possess but if one tries to bring it in honestly, the corrupt or ignorant customs confiscate it and start creating problems. So unless this matter is taken up officially with higher authorities in the Customs, Directorate General of Foreign Trade or Finance Ministry or any High Court, the off and on needless menace of harassment will continue.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:43 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:. The matters that are in restricted category should be allowed for personal use provided they are not prohibited from possession by law. The rifle scopes are not an item that are prohibited for possession, they ought to be allowed. Similarly if one has license for gun possession it should be allowed.
Goodboy_mentor sir, I don't law at all but since I have a legal air rifle, if my scope gets detained by the customs, can I challenge them to release it because it is for my personal use and in detaining it would violate the fundamental rights every citizen is guaranteed by the constitution ? In other words, I have every right to import a scope for my own use?
"Aim small, miss small."

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:56 pm

sam 47 wrote:since I have a legal air rifle, if my scope gets detained by the customs, can I challenge them to release it because it is for my personal use and in detaining it would violate the fundamental rights every citizen is guaranteed by the constitution ? In other words, I have every right to import a scope for my own use?
Never aggressively "challenge" any government official unless you want to create unnecessary and serious problems for yourself. Whatever has to be done is to be done politely and prudently, and not by some combative manner thundering about your "rights" or "fundamental rights" with the officials. Please leave all this shouting about "rights" for the lawyers to do in the courtrooms. If you note my previous post already mentioned that unless this matter is taken up officially with higher authorities in the Customs, Directorate General of Foreign Trade or Finance Ministry or any High Court, the off and on needless menace of harassment will continue.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:41 pm

Thanks sir, I am well aware of the inflated egos of these babus, creates lots of trouble. I shall leave the matter to my luck then.
"Aim small, miss small."

drimtisongzung
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by drimtisongzung » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:28 pm

Hello everyone,

I ordered a 6-24x50 rifle scope from aliexpress on 16 jan 2017. The scope is in KOLKATA FOREIGN LCAO with the status "Retention Reason : Retained by customs for unspecified reason" since 10 Feb 2017.
Just want to know if anyone have had this experience, and whether the scope will be released by the customs. If not, is there anything i can do to get it released.
Please help. Thank you.