Review of .22 AK500

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
CA_S_Mitra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Review of .22 AK500

Post by CA_S_Mitra » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:16 pm

Dear Basu, (I am dying to know your name) I am touched by your valuable advice on my age and the use of a heavy airgun.

To be honest with you, I had a heart attack in November 2014 and a 98% blockage in my heart's Lower Downward Artery was detected and my luck was that my cardio-surgeon at Fortiss New Delhi had promptly done an angioplasty and inserted a stent in the blocked artery then and there after hospitalization and let me live onwards.

After that surgery I am on daily basis, a dose of Aspirin combined with a vascular statin compound, fat free diet mostly of boiled veg and chicken (and small fish - chuno poonti while at Kolkata) and no fried food like paranthaa or poori or pulao or Elish/Bhetki fry and avoidance of sweets. The other forbidden acts are lifting and forced yanking or pulling of any thing and sprinting or brisk walking on treadmill that had been my past fitness routines and no visits to the gym as well. I am only allowed to take slow and long morning/evening walks (no jogging) and stop even this exercise after getting tired out or the breathing getting fast.

Your suggestion for using a resting pod is very practical for me. I have browsed the internet and found a Mumbai made steel rest that offers both the barrel and the stock cushioned rests, albeit the image shows a gadget that may be of half the weight of my AR and cause a headache for carrying around in tandem. The cost is Rs. 4750.00. I shall visit the Calcutta gun sellers to find lighter and less expensive alternatives.

CA. Shyamal K Mitra
Rajarhat. Kolkata.