Tommy side lever AR with breech loading mechanism

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Tommy side lever AR with breech loading mechanism

Post by Gunner_dh » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:32 pm

I agree Big Dady but I am keen to know if any Indian manufacturer is trying to make any variation instead of traditional breakbarrel with underlever (Taploader) being only exception.
Post the .22 being regulated (Licence) Tommy & Daw both have stopped production of Sidelevers (it would be too risky with .177).
However in the International market many models are available with different pellet loading mechanism for underlevers hence was wondering if any manufacturer was working on the same lines.

Regards
dh

Sent from my Micromax Q415 using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:30 pm

I can't say about the Tommy but the Daw's i got has solid safety.
It's a one piece tool steel rod that goes through the receiver and stops the chamber.

Since the Daw's came out to address the soft steel issue Tommy had, i do not think it is at any disadvantage for now.
Too bad they stopped production altogether. They were planning for .177 version.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Gunner_dh » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:53 pm

Yup, I too feel sorry for myself post visiting them and learning that the model is no longer in production.

Regards
dh

Preetamjit
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Preetamjit » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:50 pm

Recently I purchased a Tommy SL old stock in 18k, due to unavailability. From last 1 month I am regularly using it without any issues. It become my favorite airgun. Also I have serviced the gun properly after receiving. It works fine, very accurate, safe..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.