Increasing the velocity of your air rifle - possible?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Master
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Increasing the velocity of your air rifle - possible?

Post by Master » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:35 pm

My D350 was originally 19J version from 10kya (and kiehberg). It came with metal spring sleeve and spacer. So I am not aware of the disadvantages (recoil, loudness etc) of full spring version. With PG2 kit, cocking effot is reasonable, almost no spring vibration at all, very accurate with heavy pellets. PG2 kits imply does what actually it is famous for. With this much power also, D350 with PG2 kit is as accutate as IHP 35. Getting this accuracy with high powered AR is known to be difficult. Power is less compared to full version and can not be mentioned here.

I did not like that much power also as it was damaging pellets traps and any obstacle. Thought to reduce power by replacing with GSmith 35 spring. Power was just 2 ft. lb. less compared to D350 with PG2, but getting accuracy was extremely difficult.

My conclusion: PG2 kit is very expensive, but does as advertised.

For Advertising mail webmaster
narach93
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by narach93 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:08 pm

Thanks dear Master. I got almost all my doubts cleared. I just want to share my thoughts with you - why are not getting back to your original spring installed than gsmith 35 ? and what about the diana spring offered by kiehberg India ? I have installed one in my IHP .177. That spring did not require breakin period. It shoots amazingly write from the word go.
Dear master. Pl visit the diana 350 thread. I have requested for solution to my malfunctioned safety catch of this 350 panther. Pl have a look.

Added in 20 minutes 51 seconds:
Dear Master. Pl see this thread - Need help for diana 350. Date 22nd nov.

Master
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Master » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:27 pm

Dear narach93, Original spring was working fine, but actual power I was getting was around 16 J. So lifting of 4 Kgs, cocking force of 40 Kg and spending half a lakh to get 16 J is not justified. So I went for PG2 kit. I was trying Gsmith 35 spring just to check cheaper options. I do not think the spring has any problem, it just needed time (and 500 pellets) to settle in. The same Gsmith 35 spring in IHP 35 gives about 9.5 ft. lb and in 350 can give 16 ft lb.

I am also dealing with some problem with D350. It was working fine till one day I reassembled the stock. Now its cocking arm roller is eating into compression tube. I have put a GI sheet to prevent further damage. I have posted the problem in other forum. It seems that Precihole rifles have better workmanship and are better maintainable than Diana (Irony :cry: ). No part ever failed in my Precihole AR.

Your problem seems to be too complicated to comment without checking the trigger unit physically. My suggestion would be to take out the piston and trigger unit and check if they engage (as shown in the figure) without the spring. In India you may have to solve the problem yourself, if you are not in Delhi or Mumbai.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

narach93
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by narach93 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:02 pm

Dear Master. Thanks from my heart. Yours explantion is very educative. You are absolutely justified of the futility of using foreign ARs in India. I always find precihole ARs worth more than these fancy foreigners. I have both SX and NX varients.
I did not know that gsmith is giving so low output in IHP 35. However 2 of my IHPs has gsmith and they are doing well.
Your problem with D350 is worrisome. My precihole NX polaris also giving the same kind scratches, so I am using heavy grease. Soon I will change the cocking arm.
You are right I have to deal with my D350 myself. That was proved when I visited kiehberg and they were not in a position to rectify the safety catch problem! So I am contemplating to get a replacement from Chambers of scottland (gunspares.uk). This is aptly known as " ollu kar".
However I will use your idea to check the trigger system.
Pl take a little trouble to let us know the performance of your 350 with the gsmith spring.
Regards

Master
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Master » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:03 am

Dear narach93, Precihole rifles has plastic 'cocking lever pad' (available at kovibazaar) to avoid cocking link rubbing compression tube. Instead of changing the whole cocking link, you may try this one.
With gsmith 35 spring, D350 was shooting too high beyond elevation adjustment. Also accuracy was not good. So I had to put back PG2 kit.
Hope you can repair your trigger unit so that you do not have to import.

Regards.

narach93
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by narach93 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:31 pm

Thank you, dear master. I will certainly go for that plastic head. My 350 also riddle with another problem of hitting low in all ranges. But that problem was solved by two methods. The first one is that I had installed two washers below the knob end to gain more elevation. In that way I got about 5mm height which is enough for 30 meter range. The other one is that when I am using the peep sight(made by precihole), that was fitted at the far end of the rail in order to gain more elevation. That arrangement doing excellent for me. The trick is that one has to coincide the circle of peep sight with the circle of the front sight guard and put the tip of the front sight blade just below the bull's eye. But at the end of the day, dear master, you will agree with me that the vicious kick, the weight, the phenominal balance and the authentic bang is unparallel to any Indian brand ARs.
Regards.