Unitedshots Power Ranger Flat Head .177

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Unitedshots Power Ranger Flat Head .177

Post by Basu » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:26 am

Those who shoot a lot and prefer .177 ,this is a good news for them.
Unitedshot recently launched Flat Head in .177.
Weight 7.6-7.65 gns
Relative velocity - 20-25 fps less than MSFH 7.7 gns.
Fitting- Head is same same in IHP barrel.skirt is perfect and nice fit at breech.
Accuracy - tried 20 pellets at 23 yds .lateral 1" with open sight vertical 2.5" with soft pillow , which is not good as rest.
2 pellets behaved fliers , hitting same place down left.
I am of the opinion , had the head been a tad high, then the accuracy could have improved.
Price -Rs 150/- at Kolkata for 500.

Basu
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Not all those wander , are lost...............

For Advertising mail webmaster
soumen
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Unitedshots Power Ranger Flat Head .177

Post by soumen » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:10 am

Feel good to know that someone trying to keep us trigger happy in .177 instead of .22. But I think they should take more care about finishing, because flat head pellet generally used for serious shooting.

Soumen
20161028095057-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:34 pm

basuda, does united shot make any round head or pointed pellets in .177? will be searching for them on Monday.
and i was told that they have stopped making .22 pellets, can you please verify? they were the best economical & decently accurate pellets i could find in kolkata.
"Aim small, miss small."

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:12 pm

Dear sam47,
All I can tell you that Unitedshots pellets in .22 available in the market.
As I understand they are already in the process of developing RH between 7.5-8.2 gns. in .177.
They have pointed pellet 7.5 gns , which is bogus in my opinion.
Unitedshots Dyna Super 14.8-15 gns in .22, does well with almost all ARs including Precihole.
I use Dyna Special 13.5+gns and Power Ranger RH 12.6+ gns.Both suits well in my SDB barrel.
The pointy thing and the skirt that you marked, are surely there.
The oval shape of skirt is not of my high concern but the pointy thing is....hope they will take care.
Price matters.

Basu

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:42 pm

Basuda, please notify me when the RH pellet by united shots hit the market.
the 14.8 super dyna perfomed good enough for me in .22 scorpius.
these were shot while zeroing my scorpius after several thousand shots. albeit there are fliers, both due to me and the pellets a hitting off target as the sights were adjusted, after adjustment, there are 10 shots to the center of the ring.
"Aim small, miss small."

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:50 pm

Alright, today I got my hands simultaneously on united shot flat head and precipell field target round head .177. The precipell fits tighter than united shot flat head. After initial shooting in the Artemis, the accuracy of united shot is acceptable but that of precipell is excellent. I will zero the rifle with each pellet and test them for both accuracy and power. The difference is of course in price and quality. While 500 united shot flat heads cost Rs130/- , 500 precipell s cost Rs 580/-. As I shoot 50-100 pellets a day, the precipell is way too expensive. I will be waiting for united shot to launch their roundhead pellets that will fit the breeches of this better quality ARs & available for a budget.
"Aim small, miss small."

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:11 pm

Dear sam47,

I am getting good result in National barrel with Unitedshot Flat Head in 0.177.
SDB barrel is a shade higher than IHP 0.177 barrel.

Basu

Rudransh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rudransh » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:53 am

Dear all
As per my experience with Dyna shot .22 14.8grain pellet was very bad I bought a bunch to try first time and had a bad batch according to them.Now. I am using those pellet just for breaking in my any new. Airrifel.finish is always issue with united shot pellet and non consistent pellet always bring more frustration than enjoyment.price is secondary thing I do shoot more and I mainly use masters hot flat head or marvellous Diana flat head for my .177 plinking and practice and I always be happy with results consistent grouping.

So in my opinion satisfaction from accuracy is more crucial than the difference of 50or100rupees per tin.

United shot people need to work on finishing and consistency then only they will be widely accepted.

Regards
Veerbhadra

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:56 am

I tested the united shot flathead on the Artemis and it is providing decent accuracy and power. The skirt is as usual oval than round. Fit in breech is snug and doesn't come out when the barrel is inverted, or even lightly shaken. But they are cheap and plentyful , and since we are not shooting in a match, even if 1-2 pellets stray from the group, it is not a deal breaker. The problem is that united shot doesn't listen to its consumers and rectify the areas requiring improvement.
"Aim small, miss small."