Pellets

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
lifewater
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Pellets

Post by lifewater » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:57 am

Dear members, I am confused about what pellets to use in my Polaris .177 NX version. You see G-Smith and Gamo pellets seat snugly in the breech and the Mastershot /UTA /Marvelshot pellets sit loose to the extent that if I invert the barrel it falls out.

Now Sirs the question is do loose seating pellets harm the gun ? I find these loose pellets preety good. Not that the G-Smith or Gamo pellets are bad. Just wanted to clear my doubts.

Thanks and regards,

Lifewater

For Advertising mail webmaster
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Pellets

Post by Basu » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:31 am

With loose pellets , firing would be snappy.
But too loose pellet will fail to deliver accuracy.
I would go upto same same fit pellet , not the gravitating one.
Resilience of PH seal is very high.
I do not think , there will be any problem.
You can choose Unitedshot Dyna Super 14.8-15 gns pointed pellets.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

Rudransh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rudransh » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:53 pm

[quote="Basu"]With loose pellets , firing would be snappy.

Basu[/quot

Dada person is asking about .177 pellet. ROTFL

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:37 pm

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

lifewater
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by lifewater » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:48 am

Basu wrote:With loose pellets , firing would be snappy.

Basu

Basu da, Got it. I should stick to the pellets that gives me consistent accuracy and good fit.. thanks..

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:11 pm

In my experience any well shaped pellet that fits the breech properly usually engages the rifling well & performs well. Skirt should be well shaped with no or minimum irregularities, even inside.. Head must be smooth as far as possible.. I shoot roundheads mostly since I practice long distance shooting for a hobby.

In a 12-13fpe gun like mine, flat heads will usually fly well out to 25-40yd, pointed heads will do you fine till about 40-60yd IMHO, beyond that it's Roundheads territory.. I cannot comment about Hollowpoints but I expect they must be something similar to pointeds, given their shape.

Lead pellets are softer and usually engage rifling well. They also deform easily & get crushed in boxes.. Their BCs are also generally lower than others. Antimony doped ones are harder but they tend to engage rifling lesser than lead ones & hence can give looser groups. Copper coated ones have best BCs IMO but they also engage rifling least.

If I had to pick a pellet, I would choose well fitting lead ones for short range shooting & antimony/copper/alloy ones for longer ranges..

lifewater
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by lifewater » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:47 am

nitroex700 wrote:In my experience any well shaped pellet that fits the breech properly usually engages the rifling well & performs well. Skirt should be well shaped with no or minimum irregularities, even inside.. Head must be smooth as far as possible.. I shoot roundheads mostly since I practice long distance shooting for a hobby.

In a 12-13fpe gun like mine, flat heads will usually fly well out to 25-40yd, pointed heads will do you fine till about 40-60yd IMHO, beyond that it's Roundheads territory.. I cannot comment about Hollowpoints but I expect they must be something similar to pointeds, given their shape.

Lead pellets are softer and usually engage rifling well. They also deform easily & get crushed in boxes.. Their BCs are also generally lower than others. Antimony doped ones are harder but they tend to engage rifling lesser than lead ones & hence can give looser groups. Copper coated ones have best BCs IMO but they also engage rifling least.

If I had to pick a pellet, I would choose well fitting lead ones for short range shooting & antimony/copper/alloy ones for longer ranges..
Thanks Bro..

Rudransh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rudransh » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:18 pm

Lead pellets are best in every purpose from short range to long range.These all tested and accepted by all.Alloy pellets are lighter so these are usually by airgun companies to show maximum possible feet per second but not worthy to use in field not accurate at all.

My suggestion is use different type of pellet try in airrifle see which is more accurate I the given ar and stick to that pellet no matter what.You will be happier and free from frustration.Every one must try Marvelous Diana shot these are best Indian made pellets on friction of cost.

Regards
Veerbhadra

Gaurav Mathur
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Gaurav Mathur » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:37 am

Hi,

I use H&N final match. ( .177, wad cutter) This gives perfect shot even at 70- 80 m.
I have tried Gsmith , HN sports, Game, united, master shot etc .u can see this video

WilliamTell
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by WilliamTell » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:16 pm

Hello, would someone please comment on RWS R10 Premium Match Pellets and Geco 500 (which I understand, are also by RWS).
I have a Steyr Evo 10 (mechanical trigger) - was wondering about the best pellets for it. Thank you.