Shooting, again

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
AnythingWooden
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Shooting, again

Post by AnythingWooden » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:53 am

Hi everyone.
This is my First post here, so please forgive me if i make any mistakes.

I used to shoot air rifles at a range here in delhi, They had instructors. It was always full of people. There was a membership fee. In which id get a fixed number of days and one box of pellett. And they'd fix my timings also.
If somebody is a member at Siri fort or Dr. Karni Singh range, is it that we can go whenever we want and shoot.?
( All the posts i read on Siri fort and Dr. Karni singh ranges are older posts. Id appreciate a link if its discussed recently. )
And, Can we still use the above mentioned shooting ranges.? And which plan makes sense, That I buy an air rifle(.177), buy pellets. Get a membership at Siri Fort or Dr. Karni Singh range and go there and shoot whenever i want in peace, OR get enrolled in one of the training academy like the sportzcraft and shoot there.
Like in the US, you can just go whenever to the range with the guns or hire, shoot for as long as you want.
I hope I make sense and that im not breaking any rules.

Thanks.

For Advertising mail webmaster
sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Shooting, again

Post by sa_ali » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:59 am

Its always better to have your own weapon and then get enrolled or use pay and play scheme at Karni Range. Getting gun on rental is difficult at DKSR, you need to take monthly membership then get approvel from range admin and then you will get gun issued.
I am not sure of these prvt setup as to what is their charges and cost

AnythingWooden
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by AnythingWooden » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:14 am

Thank you for the reply. If i may ask, Dr karni singh is open to all? Id heard some time back tgat they shut it down for general public. I even called them a few months ago and the man didnt even answer my questions properly. He just flatly said no.

χάος
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by χάος » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:46 am

AnythingWooden wrote:Thank you for the reply. If i may ask, Dr karni singh is open to all? Id heard some time back tgat they shut it down for general public. I even called them a few months ago and the man didnt even answer my questions properly. He just flatly said no.

It is open to all, and you don't need to take a monthly membership, there is a provision of a daily pass, you pay when you play. The staff is on contract and lacks thorough information and knowledge to save your day, so it's easy for them to say No.

Regards,
Vishal

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:53 pm

AFAIK the Shri Fort range has been closed indefinitely for a while now. At Dr. Karni Singh range, you can pay per day but you must bring with you a copy of a doctor's certificate & ID proof EACH TIME you wish to do so. If you take the monthly membership route you will only need copies of ID proof/ doctor's certificate at the time of initially applying for membership and you only need to pay renewal fees at the beginning of each month OR you can pay for several months in advance.

If you will be only going infrequently, the daily pass route would be cheaper, if you expect to go at least 20 days in a month the monthly membership is cheaper.

If you wish to rent out a range gun, you can only do so as a member and that too after submitting an application for the same, which is then to be approved by the range administrator.

You need to make your own arrangements for ammunition & targets. If you are a member of DSRA, they have a person selling ammunition to DSRA members on weekends. If you are a member of NRAI, they have a 2 man staff at the range selling ammunition to NRAI members on most days.

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein