I am so confused right now.

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
vedula1995
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

I am so confused right now.

Post by vedula1995 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:14 am

Hello IFG,
Well I have always been a fan of AK200 with scope and an open field and buttload of tin cans and ammunation,I am too far away from my dream at least 5 years far,well without wasting any more of your time I am getting to the point,I am searching for a .22 rifle and I am really confused with my hunt over the internet.

I have browsed through many of the post in the forum but I couldn't really find much,what all factors should I consider ? Given that I am a complete beginner when it comes to Air Guns.

My budget is around Rs 5000/- and I have a 30m rooftop at my disposal.
I am in a bit of hurry and want to start this hobby ASAP and will upgrade to higher model later on.
meanwhile I have sorted out a list that I have been looking up.

UTA Classic Model 35 Air Rifle 5.5 mm (0.22 cal)
http://www.huligun.com/UTA-Classic-Mode ... 88039.html

AIR GUN – MODEL 150
http://www.bundook.in/150-no-aiir-gun/

will I get good enough accuracy in 30 m with that budget ? or do I have to decrease my field distance ?

Thanks in advance.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Master
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: I am so confused right now.

Post by Master » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:09 am

0.22 air rifles are now under arms act. You now have to apply for fire arm license and get it to possess 0.22 AR. :deadhorse:
If you don't want to meet The Government, go for 0.177 (you do not require license for 0.177 under 20 Joule).
If I were you, I would search the recommendations in the forum for air rifles and go for brands like Precihole, IHP or SDB.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 am

Please remember "Can-on" does not belong from the family of "Cannon LG645".

Basu

Please contact Big Daddy- He has a nice gun to offer
Not all those wander , are lost...............

vedula1995
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vedula1995 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:41 pm

Master wrote:0.22 air rifles are now under arms act. You now have to apply for fire arm license and get it to possess 0.22 AR. :deadhorse:
If you don't want to meet The Government, go for 0.177 (you do not require license for 0.177 under 20 Joule).
If I were you, I would search the recommendations in the forum for air rifles and go for brands like Precihole, IHP or SDB.
Hey thanks for the info,so the 0.22 law is in motion? that's just absurd,well anyway,whats done is done,I want to use the whole length of my designated shooting yard which I have already mentioned is 30 m,so basically 0.177 is more faster than 0.22 because diameter,right ? and what about FPS ? the more the FPS the longer the range? and does the bullet deflect after 20 m ? and about the Joules ? what is it?

vedula1995
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vedula1995 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:10 pm

Basu wrote:Please remember "Can-on" does not belong from the family of "Cannon LG645".

Basu

Please contact Big Daddy- He has a nice gun to offer
Hello sir,have browsed through many of your post recently and I am really astound by the dedication of yours,people like you keep this community alive and inspire newbies like me to go pro. :D .

I have tried searching for Big Daddy,but I didn't find any contact info in his profile,any email or Skype ID would be appreciated :D

Master
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Master » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:42 pm

FPS and energy of pellet make interesting effect on trajectory. I found this video hugely informative.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:05 pm

vedula1995 wrote:I have tried searching for Big Daddy,but I didn't find any contact info in his profile,any email or Skype ID would be appreciated :D
Hi vedula1995,
Revealing personal info like contact numbers and email id's is not advisable nor encouraged on the forum. You will have access to PM once you cross 25 posts I think.
Would encourage you to do that quickly.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

Vassili Zaitsev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Vassili Zaitsev » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:25 am

30m rooftop you have mentioned...hope you are aware on your surrounding and the next roof's neighbours..please be careful.
And please don't hurt animals n birds with your hobby gun.
Enjoy the shooting.

Try and check the kovibazar website as well. They have a well stocked website with many choices.
"Everything that has a beginning, has an end !!!"

vedula1995
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vedula1995 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:34 am

Vassili Zaitsev wrote:30m rooftop you have mentioned...hope you are aware on your surrounding and the next roof's neighbours..please be careful.
And please don't hurt animals n birds with your hobby gun.
Enjoy the shooting.

Try and check the kovibazar website as well. They have a well stocked website with many choices.
yes I have everything taken care of,I have already crafted a sign which says Firearms at work,I will place them at entrance of the rooftop. bro there are six pigeons who have literally built their nest in my kitchen window base.no I won't be harming any bird.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:57 am

vedula1995 wrote:I have already crafted a sign which says Firearms at work,I will place them at entrance of the rooftop. bro there are six pigeons who have literally built their nest in my kitchen window base.no I won't be harming any bird.
Good to know birds are safe.
Be warned, a air rifle is not a firearm (though, sadly its treated so). As such cops conclude any pipe with wood on one side is a firearm.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

vedula1995
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vedula1995 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:06 pm

Big Daddy wrote:
vedula1995 wrote:I have already crafted a sign which says Firearms at work,I will place them at entrance of the rooftop. bro there are six pigeons who have literally built their nest in my kitchen window base.no I won't be harming any bird.
Be warned, a air rifle is not a firearm (though, sadly its treated so). As such cops conclude any pipe with wood on one side is a firearm.

BD
since the hobby is becoming more mainstream,people will won't keep the tabo alive for long.

vedula1995
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vedula1995 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:16 pm

Big Daddy wrote:

BD
first thing I will be doing is submitting a receipt in Local Police Station and getting a signed paper from the senior DSP or whoever and then I will be free roaming with my ID and letter,if any thelua puts a hand on me,he has to answer for it,since I have already showed him papers.

broadway
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by broadway » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:23 pm

Need to ask all manufacturers to release a replacement .177 barrel for their popular models.

vedula1995
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vedula1995 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:01 am

broadway wrote:Need to ask all manufacturers to release a replacement .177 barrel for their popular models.
I am heading to Olympic Store Kolkata to get a good match on .177

Huligun
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Huligun » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:04 am

broadway wrote:Need to ask all manufacturers to release a replacement .177 barrel for their popular models.
This is already in the works at all major manufacturers :-) rest assured we are equally keen on being able to cater to enthusiasts' needs while keeping within the letter and spirit of the law