The most popular Indian AR brand

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).

Most popular brand amongst Indian AR's

IHP
33%
SDB
27%
Precihole
39%
Canon
No votes
AK
No votes
UTA
No votes
ISW
No votes
DAWS
No votes

Total votes: 33

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

The most popular Indian AR brand

Post by SMJ » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:47 am

Have not yet come across any poll on this so just thought of creating one to see what is the most popular choice of Indian brands amongst AR enthusiasts here.
Last edited by SMJ on Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
broadway
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: The most popular Indian AR brand

Post by broadway » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:27 pm

I don't know about others but indian hume pipe(IHP) and precihole are primarily into manufacturing heavy machinery and operate from one of the industrial sectors in and around mumbai area. They ventured into the rifle market primarily because they have the hardware to make quality barrels from the purest steel.

AARMR makes hurricane rifles and they are based in punjab. I highly doubt they own the same machinery units which the above two operate. My guess is they outsource barrel making to a third party vendor.

Most others (SDB, Ak etc) are based from kolkatta I think. Some of them maybe engaged in the rifle industry based out of caste(family profession) or some maybe pure gun enthusiasts which is a big plus point. I doubt whether these vendors too own any real modern machines.

So far, the hurricane rifle appears to be the only indigenous design but has disappeared in the past months. The one video they have on youtube shows their product dieseling so heavily that it spits .22 pellets in inconsistent velocities(650-850fps).

Indian rifles are yet to make a mark in producing real local designs and performance. But quality wise, precihole rules the indian market.

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:16 am

But quality wise, precihole rules the indian market.
(y)

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:31 pm

Well 187 views and 14 votes so far, half of them for Precihole - that's no surprise! What is surprising is that IHP seems to have more votes than SDB!

Trajeev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Trajeev » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:17 pm

That is because IHP is the oldest AR manufacturer in organised sector.They must have sold more than 50-60 thousands Air Rifles & Pistols in the last four decades. Precihole is primarily a well known machine tools manufacturer with good manufacturing base coupled with Dr's years of experience. Others are small time manufacturers &/or re-badgers.

bandukbhandar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by bandukbhandar » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:20 pm

IHP has alreday sold more than a lakh of air rifles.

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:13 pm

IHP is most popular air rifle, this means known to many civilians old and young.Precihole as a latest comer also rules the market like ihp does. Most of the precihole owners own also ihp.It doesnt matter which is popular and dont have a correlation to their performances in a uninformed market(information asymmetry) like indian market.Also the absence of standard review and feedback system is largely absent which leads to lots of confusion for any beginner in this arena.
Also i cant accept that Hurricane has inconsistent firing cycle, as i also owns a hurricane.Various factors will make a rifle inconsistent on certain instant like difference in the level of lubricants present in the compression area and also based on the variation of the pellet loaded in the breach and also the breach seal,etc.The inconsistency on that youtube video made by an user doesnot prove the gun to be inconsistent.Hence we cant blame wholly on the gun.We really dont have many options with the preference of a air rifle in indian market other than a break barrel.The demand for a breach loader with a fixed barrel is unmet.Our indian brands sell merely because of the restrictions placed on imports of the air rifle.Otherwise most of them will rust to garbage in their godown.

Added in 2 hours 55 seconds:
Hi SMJ ,Why cant you add AARMR in the above voting list.consider adding it.
With regards,
vsraja

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:23 am

Vsraja, I actually had included AARMR when I first made the list! Funny I never noticed it was missing from the list once I posted it :o cant seem to edit the post now...