Anyone here bought an ihp .177 in chennai?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
jaberwockie
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Anyone here bought an ihp .177 in chennai?

Post by jaberwockie » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:21 am

Hey guys, I have an old Esa model 35 air rifle and it good.. A bit rough and not very pretty but it was powerful and quite accurate. I could hit chalk pieces from 10 meters with it. Sadly after chennai floods it had become a rusted mess and even if I can fix it, I want to get a new one since mine is very loud (like gunshot loud when without any dieseling)

This gun was a .22 but it seems that that's now considered a firearm! So my only option is .177.

So here's the main point -

Has anyone here bought the ihp .177 air rifles in chennai? If so , where from? This distributior list says there is only 1 shop in chennai (The Hindustan Sports & Armoury Co.) can anyone confirm if they still sell them? If so what is their asking price for model 35 and 25? I'm hoping to keep it under 5k.

Is there anyone else who sells them in chennai? Or better yet, is there a cash on delivery option from some online site?

Lastly, is the .177 rifles somewhat quiet? This is important because my neighborhood is somewhat quiet and I live next to a judges quarter with lots of security and I don't want them to think I'm some trouble maker who needs to be watched. I would never be able to dire my old rifle her as the sound was like a thunder Crack!

Thanks for reading so far! Hope to hear from you guy soon!

For Advertising mail webmaster
nura_karthikk
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Anyone here bought an ihp .177 in chennai?

Post by nura_karthikk » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:25 pm

Hai,

You can book through online in huligun.com or kovibazaar website also. There are good models including IHP brand is also there hopefully.
I ordered SDB Artemis 0.177 cal rifle just 2 days before thru huligun.com. Its costed me 10.8 k but there are models fits in your budget also.
Check out.

Thanks,

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:00 pm

Jaber, it is not a question of caliber, all air rifles ought to be quiet. How much smoke comes out after the shot , and how much vibration is there in the shot cycle? And lastly loose pellets cause more noise and vibrations. If it has leather piston seal as I suspect, a little smoke will come out every time you shoot, but it should not be loud as a thunder clap!!. . You can disassemble the gun to find the cause of loudness. Wipe the piston seal and the wall with transfer port dry. More experienced members can give better advice.
I don't know of any online dealer who accepts cash on delivery. IHP 35 is a little more powerful ,but they are harder to cock and the trigger is a real pain and need tuning. For a budget SDB Apache and Sport guns are hard to beat. They come with adjustable triggers, and straight shooters out of box. Artemis is the best springer I know of. There is detailed info on each and every gun, read and decide for yourself.
Arun, congratulations on the Artemis. Do keep us posted on how it shoots.
"Aim small, miss small."

nura_karthikk
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nura_karthikk » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:59 pm

Hai sam47,
Thanks for your post and surely i will update the shooting experience.

Thanks,