Canon LG65 Help

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Canon LG65 Help

Post by sam 47 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:14 pm

I failed to see previously that you mentioned the SDB spring. By all means go ahead with it. It is soft and gentle and gives a low cocking effort and gentle shot cycle. The only problem I faced with it was that the spring bent, slackened and shortened by 4 cm after 3500 shots. Result was that my gun dropped from 14 fpe to 8-9 fpe. But your case is different, you are dealing with a low powered accurate gun and the SDB spring fits the bill perfectly without pointlessly straining the powerplant or giving rise to forceful vibrations during the shot cycle. With such a spring your gun will undoubtedly be a sweet shooter and squeeze out the last ounce of accuracy from the gun.
And one more trivial thing lifewater, please don't address me as "Sir", makes me feel like a wretched impostor. :oops:
"Aim small, miss small."

For Advertising mail webmaster
lifewater
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Canon LG65 Help

Post by lifewater » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:31 pm

sam 47 wrote:I failed to see previously that you mentioned the SDB spring. By all means go ahead with it. It is soft and gentle and gives a low cocking effort and gentle shot cycle. The only problem I faced with it was that the spring bent, slackened and shortened by 4 cm after 3500 shots. Result was that my gun dropped from 14 fpe to 8-9 fpe. But your case is different, you are dealing with a low powered accurate gun and the SDB spring fits the bill perfectly without pointlessly straining the powerplant or giving rise to forceful vibrations during the shot cycle. With such a spring your gun will undoubtedly be a sweet shooter and squeeze out the last ounce of accuracy from the gun.
And one more trivial thing lifewater, please don't address me as "Sir", makes me feel like a wretched impostor. :oops:
Got it Sam da, so SDB spring it is and with a synthetic piston seal..