Import experience of air pistol Beretta m84fs

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Sagarsoni
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Import experience of air pistol Beretta m84fs

Post by Sagarsoni » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:36 pm

I was searching for a quality air pistol for a long time approx a year I can say, searched over web and found IFG for a very good resource.

This hobby comes into pictures when one of my friend show me his airpistol, i had decided, searched all the procedures and found them here.

First things I have done that joining the club, my club Bhopal District rifle association club is very good and resourceful, authorities are very helpful there.
After joining the club I have searched for a good air pistol in the web and found too many Indian seller is doing business in this area but their product price is very high as compared with dealer abroad, i dig deeper and found that many of the dealer does not ships to India and when I came across with Pyramydair.com the only in my knowledge is shipping to India, so I have discussed over with friends about import and regulations.

Thing I had to arrange
1. Membership
2. Credit card for making payment
3. Patients (alot)

I have decided to order Beretta m84fs co2 bb from Pyramydair.com on July, 8 2016 after making too many attempts with payment with sbi, boi debit card, I made the payment with friends credit card (I wasn't having any) I made the payment and my order was successfully placed on July, 8 2016.

Order was successfully placed and reflects on their website, few hours later order status shows "on hold" I called them and asked about the same they said they need to check out with shipping department again whether they can ship or not because I am from India.

Few hours later order status converted into processing and I took a deep breath, in a day or two they have changed order status to ready to ship, but "ready to ship" stayed a long, I don't know why even they were not able to tell me.

After waiting for a weeks status changed to "Shipped" and I got an email confirmation from them that item has been shipped to me but another problem I faced that there were no tracking number for my order, I asked pyramidair couple of time for tracking number or courier name but refused to give any information related to shipping.
Few weeks has passed still no information, couple of emails exchanges, couple of phone call shared but no luck, after another week I have got call from Anand, AJ Worldwide Transporte company and glad to tell he is the most humble person I have ever come across in shipping and courier services, he said he will handle custom process and he needs some documents of mine, I sent him right away, few more weeks has passed...

On 22th of July i have got call from him and he says your shipment arrived at delhi but again but why so buts with me... Sorry... My shipment is arriving in cargo not as in courier, that time I didn't know anything about that services but later he explained that clearing my shipment from cargo will take too much of time and documentation load will be high so again he suggested that he is trying to convert it as in courier. I waited for a week again... After another week later he called me and said he had successfully converted the shipment as courier and is about to clear, big hope for me.

But again custom procedure is too tough and right in their own way he need more documents from my side, he asked me again to send membership I'd, pan card and "A. D. Code" i.e authorized dealer code of my bank which is used in payment, after too much struggle I arranged AD code of my bank and gave him right away.

Two days later he mailed me and said I have sent your packages with jet airways and provide ME master way bill copy for reference, a huge relief. On that same day jet airways India reach bhopal and I go there to take my delivery but he refused to give it to me and asking too many questions about the shipments I explained the guy everything, showed him invoice, awb, memberships Id, my id proof but he tell me to show form 49 or form 50, by the way he was a good person in personal but procedure i have to follow, i went right away with m.p government tax site and filled form 50, he take the copy and hand over my package..

After a lot struggling and headaches I finally have my first air pistol.

For Advertising mail webmaster
chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Import experience of air pistol Beretta m84fs

Post by chicky » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:52 pm

Congratulations Sagarsoni,

On a second thought , will you go through the process again for a second time, or buy a higher priced one from a dealer in India ? Was it worth the trouble ?

All the best and safe shooting,

Chicky
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

Sagarsoni
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sagarsoni » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:17 pm

Will go for the import again coz next time I know alot and make the documents ready with me. Cheers

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:43 pm

Sagarsoni wrote:Will go for the import again coz next time I know alot and make the documents ready with me. Cheers
That's the spirit Sagar. Congratulations.

Enjoy your shooting. Wear protective glasses because BBs rechochet.

Cheers

TC

Sagarsoni
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sagarsoni » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:21 pm

TC wrote:
Sagarsoni wrote:Will go for the import again coz next time I know alot and make the documents ready with me. Cheers
That's the spirit Sagar. Congratulations.

Enjoy your shooting. Wear protective glasses because BBs rechochet.

Cheers

TC

Sagarsoni
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sagarsoni » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:43 am

As per new arms rule, do I need to have license for. 177 air pistol, confusion comes because beretta m84fs is look alike the real gun.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:19 pm

Sagarsoni wrote:As per new arms rule, do I need to have license for. 177 air pistol, confusion comes because beretta m84fs is look alike the real gun.
No you don't because it doesn't shoot beyond the specified limit. Arms Rules 2016 doesn't saw anything about air pistols that resemble real pistol.... till now at least :lol:

TC

kanglasa
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kanglasa » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:01 pm

But again carrying in person in public area, if caught by police will creat, i guess problem or for that matter showing off in public..may even lead to legal issue.
I walk as if I rule the world or else i walk as if I don't give a damn who the heck rules the world and remember there is a hairline differences between a foolhardy and bravery.
EK GOLI DO DUSHMAN