Peep Sight for NX 100 - Is it permitted?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
brihadeeshkumarj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Peep Sight for NX 100 - Is it permitted?

Post by brihadeeshkumarj » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:03 am

Hi all,
I recently purchased a Precihole NX100 Polaris with open sights. Now, Precihole has introduced Aperture Sight which can be fitted on the NX100 by means of a adaptor. My doubt is whether I will be allowed to take part in competitions with my NX100 fitted with Aperture Sight.
Thanks in advance.

For Advertising mail webmaster
sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Peep Sight for NX 100 - Is it permitted?

Post by sohampaul11 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:09 pm

I think you will be allowed but not in open sight category,but in peep sight category,where your fellow competitors will most likely be using FWB and Walthers and Anschutzs.

alameinite
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by alameinite » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:30 am

Where can one purchase the Precihole peep sight,because I am unable to locate it online.
Regards
"The hills are barren, cold and steep, But I have promises to keep,
A lot to sweat , Before I sleep,...And Miles to run before I sleep.."
:cheers:

brihadeeshkumarj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by brihadeeshkumarj » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:20 am

alameinite wrote:Where can one purchase the Precihole peep sight,because I am unable to locate it online.
Regards
I got a mail from Precihole that the adaptor for the aperture sight will be available after 25 days. I think the same applies for the sight also.

brihadeeshkumarj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by brihadeeshkumarj » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:21 am

sohampaul11 wrote:I think you will be allowed but not in open sight category,but in peep sight category,where your fellow competitors will most likely be using FWB and Walthers and Anschutzs.
Gr8 motivation :agree:

Satyam Srivastava
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Satyam Srivastava » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:08 am

is the adapter available?

brihadeeshkumarj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by brihadeeshkumarj » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:33 pm

Both, the sight and the adaptor are available at 10kya.com
Brihadeesh Kumar J

It Is Better To be Hated For What You Are Than To be Loved For What You Are Not

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:18 pm

Dear brhadeeshkumarj,

1. You can use *any* .177 cal AR in competition, provided it obeys the power & speed of pellet restrictions.
2. In case you are above Jr. College age you will not be allowed in open sight category anyway.
3. So peep sight is the only category for you in case of 2. above wrt AR competitions.
4. Yes you can fit and use PH peep sight on PH .177 rifles in any competition and use.
5. But your polaris - Pegasus with higher nitro-piston thrust - will have about 75% greater power than what is needed for 10m
6. It will still buckle => for competitions Club Elite is better option with a slightly loosened trigger and PS.
7. Now that you will be competing against guys with AR that don't or faintly jump, you are better off having a PCP AR with PS to level field for you.
8. So you can start with what you have but would suggest going in for PCP version (from PH or IHP as they are the only Indian versions) for PS.

Good Luck and wish you safe shooting. :cheers:

regs
A.

brihadeeshkumarj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by brihadeeshkumarj » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:50 am

airgun_novice wrote:Dear brhadeeshkumarj,

1. You can use *any* .177 cal AR in competition, provided it obeys the power & speed of pellet restrictions.
2. In case you are above Jr. College age you will not be allowed in open sight category anyway.
3. So peep sight is the only category for you in case of 2. above wrt AR competitions.
4. Yes you can fit and use PH peep sight on PH .177 rifles in any competition and use.
5. But your polaris - Pegasus with higher nitro-piston thrust - will have about 75% greater power than what is needed for 10m
6. It will still buckle => for competitions Club Elite is better option with a slightly loosened trigger and PS.
7. Now that you will be competing against guys with AR that don't or faintly jump, you are better off having a PCP AR with PS to level field for you.
8. So you can start with what you have but would suggest going in for PCP version (from PH or IHP as they are the only Indian versions) for PS.

Good Luck and wish you safe shooting. :cheers:

regs
A.
Thanks Air Gun Novice for your advice. Apart from IHP, does anybody else manufacture PCP rifle with PS in India? Any idea about the performance of IHP PCP rifle?
I don't think PH has any.
Brihadeesh Kumar J

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:57 pm

IHP PCP rifle is good for *starts* at competition. You will need to hunt on IFG for feedback from users.
Last heard PH is putting through production its PCP in a graded and staggered fashion. So after feedback from national level shooters and champs and grinding out the teething problems if any they should be available pretty soon.
If you are dead serious and committed on 10m competition why not check with your state unit or club and go for imported make right away ?

regs
A.

brihadeeshkumarj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by brihadeeshkumarj » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:57 am

I think I'll wait for the Precihole PCP since I cannot claim that I am dead serious on 10m. Moreover, from what I have read from IFG posts, I think I won't go for IHP.
My intention is target shooting as a hobby and plinking, mostly. So going for an imported AR is not on my plan right now.
Brihadeesh Kumar J