Precihole scope suggestion.

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
asifrazak911
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Precihole scope suggestion.

Post by asifrazak911 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:27 pm

pulinkiyil wrote:Hi Asif ,
My concern is only about the 11 mm dove tail of NX100,the scope which I got is of 20 mm .Finally I found one picatinny rail adapter from AliExpress
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/32448179 ... 79311.html
Hi Praveen,

I too have an NX 100 Polaris. So i too have to check before ordering whether the scope in question comes with a 11mm mount or a 20mm one. The ones I shortlisted to buy from Indian sites have 20mm mounts and all the adapters i found are way overpriced here. The scopes available here, besides being Chinese, are atleast 2-3 times overpriced compared to Ali-Express. That's why I'm considering Ali-Express.
I saw another adapter in ali-express for under $4 USD. Check that one out too.

For Advertising mail webmaster
pulinkiyil
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by pulinkiyil » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:10 am

I will make sure ,thank you Asif

asifrazak911
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by asifrazak911 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:23 pm

Hi guys,
Today, with crossed fingers, I ordered the same scope that is mentioned at the start of this thread- a Gamo 3-12x50 AO scope (imitation/replica), from aliexpress.
And now the long long wait begins :roll: :deadhorse:

P.S. Hope it does make it to me. 8) :roll:

G.P.Swamy
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by G.P.Swamy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:48 pm

Dear Abhiram Gotham,

Did you paid any duty for the scope which you bought in aliexpress..

Swamy

asifrazak911
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by asifrazak911 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:03 pm

Hello everyone,
The scope reached me yesterday :o :D :) :) :) . Got it in 20 days. Didn't have to pay any duty. I was pretty scared and worried if it would reach me because the tracking page showed that it was coming through Kolkata sorting office(Kolkata LCAO). Luckily after a week it showed Kochi IMC and i got it two days after that. :)
Price was Rs. 3200. Scope seems good. This is my first scope by the way. Mounts which came with it also are good. Finish and quality of the product is very good for the price.
The scope is pretty big though. With it fitted, my rifle barely fits in my precihole rifle case. :o Glad i didn't buy the slim case.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:50 pm

Ahhh, so many people are getting their scopes delivered, I think kolkata custom officers have changed their mind!! :o
I just pray that my scope doesn't get detained when I order.
Congrats Asifrazak. (y) After shooting please mention whether the scope holds its zero or not.
"Aim small, miss small."

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:57 am

Hey Asif, could you please send me a link of the scope you ordered. And how did you overcome the 11mm rail issue? I'm planning to pick up the Polaris in a few days and want to order a scope from ali express; I live in Mumbai too and am only concerned about the rail size issue. Most scopes have 20mm mounts. BTW, did you pay any customs? Oh, and did you pick up the RF Polaris (rust free chrome coated)?

asifrazak911
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by asifrazak911 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:40 pm

Hi Sam47,
I have shot around 40-50 shots now and the scope is holding to zero for now. It is very accurate too, i can hit table tennis balls from 20m easily with this scope. I allows a lot of light in as well. The only downside i find is that the windage and elevation turrets are a bit hard to turn. They are not dials or knobs. Just small metal keys which are a bit hard to turn. Illuminated reticle works fine too. Adjustable Objective makes targets crisp and clear. Open sights feel antique now. :)

Hello Eldroidism,
I ordered the scope with 11m scope mounts. It was listed as a single product. I wanted to buy a scope which comes with 11m mounts as it's an added expense buying new mounts/ adapters. And we also have to decide between fixed and twin mounts, and also mount height.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Gamo-3- ... edc94e6708 . The scope mounts are tall enough and the scope does't touch the rifle at the objective area. The rear mount comes with a scope stop pin as well.
I have the non RF plated polaris. I like cleaning my gun and having a non RF plated gun gives me a reason not to ignore or shun it. I do think it is worth spending the extra amount and buying the RF plated rifle if you don't shoot regularly and the cleaning/oiling intervals are long.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:45 am

Ah, damn! I ordered this one
3-9x40 Riflescopes Tactical Air Rifle Optic Spotting Scopes Adjustble Mounting Bracket Black
http://s.aliexpress.com/N3IJz2ea
With 20 mm rails! I couldn't find the one you have, but anyway, hope I can buy appropriate mounts separately later. So you really think going for the non chrome plated one is fine? I'm really worried about the rust issues. Seems the standard version rusts really fast. Any owner inputs on this? Plan on buying the rifle tomorrow or day after, anyone here who owns a Precihole in Mumbai?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

asifrazak911
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by asifrazak911 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:04 am

Eldroidism wrote: So you really think going for the non chrome plated one is fine? I'm really worried about the rust issues. Seems the standard version rusts really fast.
I'd say go for the RF version if you believe you may leave it unattended for long periods of time. And also, you won't have to worry about rust and oiling again. Just normal cleaning would be enough to keep the gun good.

I usually oil just once a week and pack the rifle in a case with a big silica gel pack to be extra safe.

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Okay, makes sense. I don't think I'd be using the gun more than a few times a month. Would only be using it at the farmhouse. I just really liked the idea of having an entirely black rifle. The chromed barrel kind of stands out.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:23 am

So, I finally got the scope I ordered from Aliexpress. To be honest, it didn't take very long. I placed the order on 26th December and it got delivered on 9th January. The seller followed my instructions and marked it as a gift, customs didn't even hold it for a day. Got it for approx Rs. 1600 from here
http://s.aliexpress.com/uYZnM3aM

Here are some initial pics of it (I'll upload better pics later) on my toy BB gun. I'm going to pick up the Precihole NX100 in a couple of days. Comes with 20mm mounts, so may have to get replacements when buying the NX100. Features 3-9x40, illuminated scope with green or red crosshair. Quality is really good, just remember, this is not Bushnell, but a Chinese copy. Nonetheless, aim seems fine so far (on my toy bb that shoots plastic pellets at 400fps at 10m) the box has "Riflescope" printed on it, you can find many YouTube videos on the same.

The below pics were take before I zeroed in the scope, so please don't judge the fact that it is poorly mounted. I was just too excited and had to click pics immediately.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Last edited by Eldroidism on Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

lifewater
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by lifewater » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:28 am

Basu wrote:If the scope comes through Kolkata postal customs, there is every possibility that it will be detained.
I have seen that all packets are checked by Airport size X-ray machine before delivery.
My scope is also detained by them. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Basu
Basuda, What happened to your scope ?? did you get it ?? My one has also been detained. Dont know what to do now ??

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:37 pm

I was issued a memo , which I replied attaching my club membership.
Till date no further communication received from customs.
I think , it is gone case.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

airgunner123
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by airgunner123 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am