need some advice about precihole air gun

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
avghuman
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

need some advice about precihole air gun

Post by avghuman » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:07 pm

i recently bought precihole pheonix rf airgun from a local arms shop. the shop guy collected my ID proof and address and also copied the given ID. Is that normal? having our address and ID in an arms shop?? can anyone throw some light on this matter?
About the air gun i bought is a 0.177 cal from precihole company. the gun is accurate but heavy and very hard trigger. so aiming accurately is impossible for now. I was taken for a ride by the shop wala. sold me what looks like a used gun for a premium price (paid extra of 2k from online price) i just wanted to get over with it so dint think much and paid whatever he demanded.

For Advertising mail webmaster
ruchir
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: need some advice about precihole air gun

Post by ruchir » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:27 am

I just bought Precihole SP50 air pistol from aimco website and the owner also asked me to send my 2 ID proofs before he shipped the pistol. I had paid by Debit Card. This has become common practice among sellers. I don't know if there is a law to keep identification of every customer they have or they are doing it "just to be safe". This is common practice in Ahmedabad dealers too, where I live.
Regarding your rifle, the trigger should be adjustable. But be careful as it might auto-fire if you loosen too much.
Regarding the gun being used, there is hardly any way to determine 100% if the gun is used or not. (Experts can chip in and shed some light)
Go to Precihole website and register your rifle by serial number. If you cant, call Precihole customer care and give serial number and ask if it is registered.

kanglasa
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kanglasa » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:07 pm

I guess keeping ID by dealer for buying air guns, now a days is common with all the legal issues and the confusion over arms act.
Regarding used gun, i guess its right to see if the gun is registered or not, however its very tough to verify till you see rust and scratches on the gun. If the weapn is firing properly i dont think you should have a problem.
Enjoy your shooting and loosen the trigger a bit for smooth trigger operation.
I walk as if I rule the world or else i walk as if I don't give a damn who the heck rules the world and remember there is a hairline differences between a foolhardy and bravery.
EK GOLI DO DUSHMAN

Vassili Zaitsev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Vassili Zaitsev » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:23 am

Not sure why they are collecting the personal ID but you can self attested it and please mention the reason why you are sending it to the gun dealer. This way you will be rest assured that at least he cannot use those personal ID somewhere else.
"Everything that has a beginning, has an end !!!"