Guidance to buy a air gun .

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
nraja4321
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Guidance to buy a air gun .

Post by nraja4321 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:33 pm

Hello guys ..

I am a gun enthusiastic but I don't know much knowledge about it . Thought of joining some shooting club but I couldn't map it in my daily routine and remained as a thought only . But this time my mind was fixed and went to buy an airgun in bangalore . I visited some gun dealers around place known as KR ROAD .

The dealer showed some of his guns and it was pretty good see . But what bothered me is the manufacturer of these guns .. I Google some on but they were not found on Internet .

This made me to rethink , so I came home empty handed .I want to buy air riffle to practice at my backyard when ever I get a free time .

I seeking some help from the experienced members in this forum .

My budget is within the range of 10k , and with it I will practice and get some experience out of it . Then I will go with the better one as one time investment .

I kindly request to suggest some .
Which is effective at 70 to 100 meters
And a decent scope with or without .

And give me some tips while purchasing the item.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Guidance to buy a air gun .

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:55 pm

Buy a Precihole air-rifle in 0.177" / 4.5 mm calibre. Do NOT buy any other calibre. Do NOT get tempted to buy 'Magnum' powered air-rifles. You will need an arms licence to own any airgun that has a calibre larger than 0.177" or with a muzzle energy exceeding 14.75 ft.lbs.. Precihole has a website. Look it up. They also have dealers in Bangalore. Their air-rifles will stretch your budget by a couple of thousand Rupees. Spend it.

Join the Karnataka State Rifle Association. They too have a website. Join KSRA or any of the other private airgun ranges in Bangalore.

First learn to shoot with consistent accuracy at 10 metres with open sights, before extending your range and installing a scope on your air-rifle.

Last but not least, learn the first and most important lesson of shooting sports - safe gun handling.

nraja4321
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Guidance to buy a air gun .

Post by nraja4321 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:35 am

That was a valuable information provided by you .Thanks for that .

As I mentioned above , joining a club doesn't fit in my routine . I just want practice in backyard in my free time .
And I want a decent air rifle , after that I will go for a better one on better investment which is effective around 70 to 90 feet.

Just for my passion I want to practice with it , don't have any idea of participate in any kind of competition .
We do own licence to arms . and currently own dbbl shotgun . But I never fried it before cause my father never allow me to touch his toys . That's reason I buying one for my own and practice with it .

Mack the Knife ..
I really appreciate you for providing the valuable information ..

Thanks you ..

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk