GOT A NEW HAWK SERIES II AIR PISTOL

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
rockys495
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

GOT A NEW HAWK SERIES II AIR PISTOL

Post by rockys495 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:36 pm

Hey guys, I've just opened up an account on this forum. I have bought a Hawk air pistol that seems to be a decent one.

I was pretty much confused as intially I thought of buying a BLANCA. But, after reading it's reviews on amazon and this site, I changed my mind. As it'd have been a sheer waste of money if would've bought the BLANCA piece.

So this Hawk air pistol is a single shot .22 cal. I'll upload the pic soon. Anybody here who has used the same in the past can share their experience. And also tell me whether my decision of giving up on Blanca is right or wrong?

For Advertising mail webmaster
kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: GOT A NEW HAWK SERIES II AIR PISTOL

Post by kshitij » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:42 pm

Perfect time to buy a new .22 air gun :mrgreen: (y)
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:14 pm

ROTFL

Rocky, take it back to the shop ASAP and request them to exchange it for one in .177" calibre. Even if it means losing a few hundred bucks.

Make sure you take the box, paper work and invoice as well.

If they refuse, tell them that the law regarding .22" cal. airguns was recently changed and that they should not have sold you the air pistol in the first place. If they still refuse, politely inform them that you would have to inform the police about them selling you what is now considered a licenced arm, without asking for your licence.

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:49 pm

MTK it seems dealers in Mumbai have still not received directives either from the state or the police to regulate the sales of .22'AG's in accordance with the notification. Of course its a different matter what happens when the parliamentary approval is given but till then I guess dealers are within their rights to sell .22's. Having said that, I asked in another thread regarding the legal application of the notification and Abhijeet explained that technically it is now the law but the question is how have dealers not yet received directives in that case :?

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:58 pm

Mack The Knife wrote: If they refuse, tell them that the law regarding .22" cal. airguns was recently changed and that they should not have sold you the air pistol in the first place. If they still refuse, politely inform them that you would have to inform the police about them selling you what is now considered a licenced arm, without asking for your licence.
You can also threaten them that you will tell Uncle Mack- the grumpiest man South of the Vindhyas. That will set them right :mrgreen:
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."