Its totally my opinion - The best of the best India AR has finally arrived ( Made in India ) guys

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Its totally my opinion - The best of the best India AR has finally arrived ( Made in India ) guys

Post by Basu » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:09 pm

Dear saptarshi,
You are very correct in recognizing my voiceover.
I have no clues about video recordings.
I donot know anything much about this AR other than firing a 7-8 shots some one and half months back when I went there to change my N25 broken spring.
That time it was in the making.
This AR has only back & forth vibration and no transverse vibration , unlike their other models except Sport.
Not much of cocking effort , yet very solid punch.
I did not test the accuracy .shot a few just to get the feel , which was indeed great.
But if you ask me between Artemis & Sport, I will surely love to fire Sport even though it is not as quick as Artemis.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vassili Zaitsev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Its totally my opinion - The best of the best India AR has finally arrived ( Made in India ) guys

Post by Vassili Zaitsev » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:38 am

SDB ARTEMIS already on sell in Amazon. I found it today while surfing.

"Everything that has a beginning, has an end !!!"

debasishroy
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by debasishroy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:53 pm

dear all
should I buy this gun in terms of power and accuracy. ..and does it need any kind of licence??

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:15 am

You can buy AR now.
To my understanding , the said rule comes in effect after a year.

Basu

debasishroy
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by debasishroy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:44 pm

Thanks Basu sir...
I'm planning to buy this gun as soon as I can..The Stoke is awesome. .
is it a okay gun? and is it better than hurricane mod 15 in terms of power and accuracy?
one more thing can you please suggest me the best shop to buy it in kolkata... are the sdb manufacturers sell it directly to the customers?
thanks..

and how much it costs in kolkata(I mean the best price )
thanks..

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:45 pm

Amazon and Kovibazaar are still selling them, however AIMCO does not list .22's in their website anymore.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:35 pm

You can contact Great Eastern Fire Arm Company near Lal Bazar.
I wonder as to why Aimco removed .22 from their website.
Precihole is very much displaying their products so is IHP & others.

Basu

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:24 pm

Basu wrote:You can buy AR now.
To my understanding , the said rule comes in effect after a year.

Basu
Your understanding is wrong Saar :roll:
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:52 pm

Please refer page no 168, point no.4.page no.179 point no.84 (a) 2nd para ,2) 2nd para.

Basu

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:32 pm

Basu wrote:Please refer page no 168, point no.4.page no.179 point no.84 (a) 2nd para ,2) 2nd para.

Basu
Here it is

certified copies of the stock records, manufactured items and sales turnover for the last five years
duly certified by a Chartered Accountant;

Manufacture and sale of air weapons including paintball markers or guns. ─ (1) Notwithstanding
anything contained in the foregoing provisions of these rules, –
(a) Manufacture or proof test or both, transfer, sale, keeping for sale or transfer of all types of air weapons by a
manufacturer, including air rifles, air guns and paintball markers or guns irrespective of the muzzle energy or
caliber or bore shall be subject to licensing requirements under these rules:
Provided that an existing manufacturer shall, within a period of one year from the date of notification of these
rules in the Official Gazette, apply to the licensing authority for grant of a licence for the manufacture of such
weapons and the licensing authority may grant a licence in Form VII-C to such manufacturer.
(b) All air weapons including air rifles and air guns, having muzzle energy more than 20 joules or 15 ft. lbs.
and/or bore more than 0.177”or 4.5 mm, shall be subject to markings as specified in rule 58.
(2) Sale, transfer and keeping for sale or transfer of all types of air weapons including air rifles, air guns and
paintball markers or guns irrespective of the muzzle energy or caliber or bore shall be only through the
authorised arms and ammunition dealers or the air weapon dealers licensed under these rules:
Provided that any existing air weapon dealer shall, within a period of one year from the date of notification of
these rules in the Official Gazette, apply to the licensing authority for grant of a licence for sale, transfer and
keeping for sale or transfer of such weapons and the licensing authority may grant a licence in Form VIII-A to
such dealer:

How is it valid for an individual user?. This is for a Manufacture IMHO
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:26 pm

I thought that your question was regarding stopping of sales either by manufacturers or by sellers with immediate effect.
The rule no way says that.

Basu

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:02 pm

Since the new arms rules 2016 come into effect from the date of their publication which is 15-July-2016, in the official gazette, I think all 0.22 cal air guns now require an arms license. The one year grace period concerns the manufacturers only, is what I think. I may be wrong though. I also think it would be risky right now to by a 0.22 cal air gun. Just for any kind of target shooting both paper target and field target shooting 0.177 cal air guns are much better than 0.22 cal air guns. They have higher MVs and flatter trajectories anyway.
Just my thoughts. All my ARs are 0.22 cal and I have hoards of imported pellets. But I am switching to 0.177 cal and don't know what to do with my 0.22 cal ARs and all those JSBs and H&N FTTs I hoarded. I'll have to spend a lot of money now for Good Quality ARs in 0.177 cal and lots of good pellets for them as I see no hope in the bureaucracy excluding the 0.22 cal ARs from the category requiring Arms License.

Regards,

GNV.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:17 pm

debasish roy wrote: is it better than hurricane mod 15 in terms of power and accuracy?
The Great old desire for power in a springer.

Debashish, a good springer is measured by its accuracy. It's more the shooter than the gun that is responsible for the end result. You like the mod15, then go for it. If you prefer something lighter then the SDB is the one. If the desire is nitro piston, then the best readly available is the Presihole. A certain member of this forum who's shooting skills are enviable and has some good imported rifle swares by his AK 500. In fact, he uses the 500 when he is challenged to a 40 to 50 meter test...... and he's always on top. I might go in for the SDB only because I saw a video of its acvuracy. I have shot some magnums, and trust me, that's a different game all together.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

debasishroy
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by debasishroy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:25 pm

Thanks to all. .
can anybody please provide me the stroke length or swapt volume of sdb Artemis..where the stroke length of hurricane is 83.80 mm ..
and are they(sdb) using seamless tube? ?

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:24 pm

Dear Debashis,
Too much of analysis will cause paralysis.
The length of stroke should not influence your purchase decision.
There are many members who gave their perspective in details of various ARs , read them and take your own decision.

Basu