can we change springer piston into nitro piston for sx100 orions ARs

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Paoboi Kipgen
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

can we change springer piston into nitro piston for sx100 orions ARs

Post by Paoboi Kipgen » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:15 am

Can we change spring piston into nitro piston for sx100 ?

For Advertising mail webmaster
GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: can we change springer piston into nitro piston for sx100 orions ARs

Post by GNV » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:46 am

Precihole Nitro Piston is a drop in replacement. Just take out the regular Piston,Spring and Spring Guide and put the NP in. But you need to know how to strip the gun and reassemble it and you need a spring compressor.

Shankar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Shankar » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:31 pm

Hi,
What you need as GNV has mentioned is a carpenter's vice ( the long one with one adjustable /movable JAW) and a couple of wooden blocks. You first need to dis assemble the the safety/spring/sear from the trigger box and then proceed to remove the cross -pin and all this while it is under pressure in the carpenter's vice which should be firmly anchored to a heavy workshop table. If you do not have access to these tools then go to any of Precihole dealers and they should be able to help you.
Be safe and goodluck.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:02 pm

There is no need to disassemble the trigger to take the spring, piston etc out. Put the safety to off completely press the trigger back while decompressing the spring.

GNV

prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:54 pm

Dear Shankar and GNV,
Sorry about this post so late on the query....but just wanted to say my word of gratitude for the info on disassembling the PH AR. I have been keen to learn about it. I am new and have joined IFG only now, but have gained a lot these months reading posts here as a guest visitor. A Big Thank you!

Also, a related question, (since as a new member I do not yet have the permission on this forum to post independent questions; and hoping you still are be able to view this old trail of posts) - Across any two identical air rifles of two calibers (such as Diana 340 N-TEC .177 and .22 or HW 35 .177 and .22) isn't the difference between a .22 cal and a .177 cal AR is just the BARREL PIECE? My limited knowledge tells me that all other things like the action assembly, trigger mechanical, and finer dimensions like those of the transfer port size, spring tautness and torsion, piston size, etc. are all the same. Kindly enlighten.
Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Prashant

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:58 pm

Between a .177 & .22 break barrel air-rifle of the same make & model, you will have a different barrel assembly (barrel + barrel block) and almost certainly a different main spring. The mainspring has to be different as the same spring will produce different power levels in .177 & .22, so to keep power consistent (as per legal requirements in different jurisdictions) between the .177 & .22, typically the .177 will be fitted with a stiffer (more powerful) spring as compared to the .22 version of the same make/ model.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:22 pm

Fantastic! What a terrific piece of wisdom...and so crisp and spot-on!! Can't thank you enough for this, dear mundaire (I trust from my incessant browsing of the IFG forum that you are Mr. Abhijeet!...and possibly also the one who possibly initiated and patronized this great forum for enthusiasts and pros like so many of us here in India). A real BIG thank you for caring to respond to a query from a novice and a new member like me. Truly appreciate your kind professionalism.
Incidentally, I searched around and studied so many forums, blogs and expert columns for this query. Most did tell me about the barrel (and the barrel block /base block) being the only thing that is different across the two cals. However, none shed the light on the spring and tune piece that you have.
Much appreciate your input once again, and my sincere gratitude!
Best regards,
Prashant

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:24 am

Glad to have been of assistance :)

Cheers!
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein