legal information on selling airgun

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
sairamrao
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

legal information on selling airgun

Post by sairamrao » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:05 pm

hi every one..
i hope everyone doing fine.
i need little advice from members on selling AR to others.
if that person uses my gun for illegal activities(like hunting and threatening others),who will be responsible?
do you people think that in such situations i will face problems?
please suggest me the precautions to be taken and documentation to be done for selling any an Air Rifle to anyone.
thanks in advance.
-with great power,comes great responsibility-

For Advertising mail webmaster
GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: legal information on selling airgun

Post by GNV » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:40 pm

The owner of the air gun would be responsible for whatever he does. Not the guy who sold him that air gun.

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:17 pm

The airguns are not licensed, therefore is no paper trail for them, the gun's serial numbers are not assigned to any individual . As such whosoever holds or possesses the gun, is the defacto owner and will be held liable if he indulges in illegal activities, and gets caught.
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:23 pm

Police will defiantly sniff the trail ................if complain is lodge for illegle use of AR

in the end whole chain of supply will be under RADAR
"Men like us don't deserve to die in the bed, field would be a batter option"

Optional : Proper inglish n gramer

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:13 am

PRITAM PATEL wrote:Police will defiantly sniff the trail ................if complain is lodge for illegible use of AR

in the end whole chain of supply will be under RADAR
if someone sells something which they have a right to and the second party that is the buyer misused it , then pray tell how can the seller be hold responsible?

like i buy a car from a showroom then after a month use it for bank robbery, will the police arrest and convict the car dealer for selling it to me? poppycock me old mate.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:24 am

It would be safe to assume the seller cant be held responsible if it is a locally made and legally procured air rifle. But not so sure what will happen if the air rifle is a high power or big bore pcp.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

sairamrao
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sairamrao » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:54 pm

thank you guys for all your suggestions.it a precihole nx polaris(0.177).
i'm not going to take any risk.i will ask the buyer to give me a written paper and some id for my safety.
more over i did not register the AR with precihole,i will register with his details.
once again thank you guys for your valuable suggestions and views.

awini
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by awini » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:10 pm

On the contrary, there is a definite paper trail on imported air rifles, leading to the original importer. The serial number is clearly stated in all customs documents and billing of my Steyr H5A.
Im not sure if the importer can legally sell the gun, since it has to be imported by a rifle club member for own use.
"Never give in, never, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."-Winston Churchill

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:16 am

there is no paper trail on imported airguns, contrary to popular belief.
not all airguns imported or otherwise have numbers on them. no customs incoming records are kept, so some one is sperading lies , unless one can prove it, if not its lies lieslies lies

oh ask me how do i know this?

Added in 15 minutes 56 seconds:
kshitij wrote:It would be safe to assume the seller cant be held responsible if it is a locally made and legally procured air rifle. But not so sure what will happen if the air rifle is a high power or big bore pcp.
beg to differ with this "But not so sure what will happen if the air rifle is a high power or big bore pcp"

its does not matter if its local made or otherwise if involved in crime , small bore or big bore makes not difference if involved in crime. there will be an added charge of having a airgun which has power to penetrate one inch, when carried out on the ideal wood test.

its like saying if its muriti 700 car local made, kill someone with its ok? but use a frangi imported car to kill someone with it is very bad.
bit silly would you not think?

its not the issue of the weapon/item that is used in crime but the fact its a crime will land you in jail, otherwise we are blaming the item used in crime for the crime and not the person. if the items that are used in crime require a valid licence etc that will be counted in the charge sheet as extra law breaking.

Added in 1 hour 8 minutes 14 seconds:
sairamrao wrote:i will register with his details.
do you not think that you are taking liberties with someone else right to register or not? do you have a legal right to register anything in someones name without their consent?

question to ask yourself, would you be braking the law by doing so without the other parties consent?
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:16 am

I agree with Nagarifle, airguns are just airguns and nothing more. Let's not give them more importance than they deserve.
Awini was probably apprehensive about the Steyr he purchased from Syndicate. I have checked from Steyr and from Syndicate, they have no records of the power or specifications of the rifle sold by them . I wanted to know some specifications of the Hunting 5 I had purchased ,and they had no clue , even though it had been originally purchased from them only a few months ago.

Chicky
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

sairamrao
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sairamrao » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:25 pm

nagarifle wrote:
sairamrao wrote:i will register with his details.
do you not think that you are taking liberties with someone else right to register or not? do you have a legal right to register anything in someones name without their consent?

question to ask yourself, would you be braking the law by doing so without the other parties consent?
no sir,i registered with his consent only.i explained him everything i know about airguns and airgun laws in india also.
thanks for your valuable suggestion. :)