walther ft 8-32×56 rifle scope with OPEN TURRETS

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
suhailraichur
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

walther ft 8-32×56 rifle scope with OPEN TURRETS

Post by suhailraichur » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:45 pm

Hi n good day all. I bought a walther ft 8-32×56 rifle scope looks strong n long. Huge AO of 56mm full 32 zoom very clear n can read text of a feet n low height easily at more or less a km. Fine parallax adds to the efficiency even more may be not totally accurate at shown distance but does job well..over all a heavy long as reaching till ur breach n complex scope.

Every things fine untill u see that open turret madness..yes i said turrets does not hv caps only to let you know you hv missed a shot hitting at a point outside bulls eye circle !! A day back u shot it perfectly until u kept it in the case n today what the hell again making a new zero loosing the joy of first dead accurate shot? by unknowingly or accidently u hv lost that earned '0'
.. or someone for time pass has turned just to see what happens n messed ur set zero.. What ever thats a trade of pure joy to total heck of the mood.

Cant find whats the logic of great makers in making great things n great flaws n create a reason to get rejected.

N its lying unused at my friends home n may be one day ill know the trick to lock the dear '0' n never let him go .

Any Praises on lost war will be appreciated.....

For Advertising mail webmaster
ibalajis
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: walther ft 8-32×56 rifle scope with OPEN TURRETS

Post by ibalajis » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:58 pm

Is it possible to post a few pics of the turrets?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

moulindu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by moulindu » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:42 pm

Congrats on having such a bad ass scope, mostly scope with hunter style turrets have some kind of zero locking system either with a ring on turret like in UTG, CP scopes, & in Hawke Airmax 30 SF or Sidewinder by pushing the turrets down. It heartbreaking, frustrating not to have basic facility in such an expensive scope.
But there is a way of keeping track of your "ZERO". I am sure that your scope will have zero resetting facility, that means once you zero your gun/ scope, you can loosen the screws on top of your elevation turret & reposition the zero level on your turret. Now whenever you think you lost your zero you can refer to that zero marking on your turret & reset it without much worry.
Thanks Moulindu

suhailraichur
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by suhailraichur » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:30 pm

Hi all. N good day. Sure my respected ifg mates ill post the pics. N dear moulindu the scope dosent need to loosen screw for making zero as u said it just needs to press down n turn that zero n leave. N if turned with out pressing down it will change the windage n elevation n if pressed n turned it will just rotate to bring that zero to the mark. Thats an easy good thing abt that scope. N may be its a very professional scope for competition n high use but hv used it on precehole sx 100. I say its damm good friends.!! Its also coated with a green coat at objective lense. Hv shot a 5 by 5 inch box n a plastic glass at 120 feet with mastershot export quality pellets with sx 100.(not bad pellets hann)

Till date not got involved in any problems while using this open turrent style. But will see later how handy n rough they can be used .. For clearity n efficiency its very good.after all its a ft scope( field target).

Suhailraichur
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

atulgidh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by atulgidh » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:42 pm

Hi suhail,
So can I use the same scope for nx100? My friend suggested Bushnell or weaver ? Which is good as per durability n accuracy?