Help me out on my air pistol!!

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
New shooter lucifer
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Help me out on my air pistol!!

Post by New shooter lucifer » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:29 am

Guys pls help me out!!!!!the trigger is not functionung well!!i mean the gun isn't cocking even the spring is in good condition!!!i dont feell the prsence of spring! Alsi!! I hv lost a pice which closes the spring! But it can be reolaced by a small coin!!!!!also!!all other parts seems correct!! Accept the chamber!!! I am only 14 and hence may get acqustence !!pls help !!me!!

All the things are done in adult supervision by me!!and with proper care!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Help me out on my air pistol!!

Post by kshitij » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:34 am

New shooter lucifer wrote:Guys pls help me out!!!!!the trigger is not functionung well!!i mean the gun isn't cocking even the spring is in good condition!!!i dont feell the prsence of spring! Alsi!! I hv lost a pice which closes the spring! But it can be reolaced by a small coin!!!!!also!!all other parts seems correct!! Accept the chamber!!! I am only 14 and hence may get acqustence !!pls help !!me!!

Take a deep breath, use lesser exclamation marks and more auto correct. That is the first step in finding the solution to your problem buddy :mrgreen:
Last edited by kshitij on Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by main13 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:52 am

New shooter lucifer wrote:Guys pls help me out!!!!!the trigger is not functionung well!!i mean the gun isn't cocking even the spring is in good condition!!!i dont feell the prsence of spring! Alsi!! I hv lost a pice which closes the spring! But it can be reolaced by a small coin!!!!!also!!all other parts seems correct!! Accept the chamber!!! I am only 14 and hence may get acqustence !!pls help !!me!!

The cocking arm looks intact to me. Do you feel the 'cocking weight' (the pressure you need to exert to cock)? Better take it to a local gunstore, their 'mistri' will fix it for nominal charge. Don't go 'experimenting' right away, you might end up hurting yourself. Shoot a few rounds first.

Also, weren't you looking to 'import' a 'rifle' recently? So why this pistol?! Should've gotten an air rifle instead - helps with learning initially. A Precihole or National would have better suited your purpose.
I also remember you were '15' the last time you posted buddy, you seem to be the only one reverse-ageing... :lol:
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods.

New shooter lucifer
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by New shooter lucifer » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:42 am

Ya!!actaulllly i am amidst!!!!!!i am 14 and in april will become 15!!so!!

Added in 1 minute 57 seconds:
kshitij wrote:

Take a deep breath, use lesser exclamation marks and more auto correct. That is the first in finding the solution to your problem buddy :mrgreen:
kshtij i wanted to resolve my proble!!not to take compliments on my Grammer or!!!!!!!!!?exclamation skills or a auto correct!!

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:24 pm

New shooter lucifer wrote:Ya!!actaulllly i am amidst!!!!!!i am 14 and in april will become 15!!so!!

kshitij wrote:

Take a deep breath, use lesser exclamation marks and more auto correct. That is the first in finding the solution to your problem buddy :mrgreen:
kshtij i wanted to resolve my proble!!not to take compliments on my Grammer or!!!!!!!!!?exclamation skills or a auto correct!!
My bad. Best of luck finding your solution.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by main13 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:13 pm

kshitij wrote:
New shooter lucifer wrote:Ya!!actaulllly i am amidst!!!!!!i am 14 and in april will become 15!!so!!

kshitij wrote:
My bad. Best of luck finding your solution.
Lucifer I don't wish to play Big Brother here but I feel impelled to intercede to help you benefit from this forum's members to the max. All IFGians fully encourage new people to explore their horizons & learn the much-elusive nuances of the shooting sport, at the same time almost all of them are a LOT older & more experienced than yourself (some might even be older than your granddad..). Pls keep that in mind when interacting with people & rest assured you shall never run out of eager people willing to help you out with your shooting stuff & much more...

There is also an 'introduction' forum here. It would be a good idea to tell the people your name, who you are, what you do etc. That gets you started.. Or have you done that already?!

You need to understand that everybody loves Confidence With Humility, esp if you're seeking 'help'. Between Confidence & Humility, most people prefer to see Humility in a person. Now given your age you may not understand what these big words mean for another 10-15 years at least, but in simple lingo, Confidence == "Believing in Oneself" & Humility == "Letting your work speak for you, talking like you do with your School's Principal.." :D

Learn this skill & your natural spark may take you places. Miss this & you may make more enemies than friends in life. You're an intelligent big guy, you know what to do... ;)

New shooter lucifer
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by New shooter lucifer » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:44 pm

I underdtand main!!i am sory!! I wrote those bcs i was vey tensed!! As my exams are going on!!!and when i saw a post of kshitij!!i felt humiliated!!and wrote those things!!!i am soorry ifg!!main..and kshitij for this!?

main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by main13 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:47 pm

New shooter lucifer wrote:I underdtand main!!i am sory!! I wrote those bcs i was vey tensed!! As my exams are going on!!!and when i saw a post of kshitij!!i felt humiliated!!and wrote those things!!!i am soorry ifg!!main..and kshitij for this!?
Bhai pehle PADH lo... Target practice exam ke baad kar lena! :P :twisted:
Take that thing to a local gunstore after exams & get it fixed. I would also suggest buying any Indian air rifle you find comfortable holding to begin with..

& Chill! No offense taken at my end; Kshitij is pretty cool too.. Prickly is just the way some of us are - it being a shooters' forum, be prepared to be shot at if you're painting a target on your back! :lol: :-D

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:21 am

From your description it is not very clear to me , about the actual issue,

If you are able to compress the spring but its not engaging the trigger and coming back to original position then the sear must be broken or worn out and need to be checked.

If you are not able to compress the main spring and it appears to be no spring is present then the compression liver lost a small piece which engage the piston. Its really hard to tell from the photos as they are not prominent, but in this case a little bit of metal work is needed (brazing) which is not possible in home . Also this pistol in photo is a crude model and these models widely vary on how they are compressing the main spring. So as others rightly suggested please take it to a gunsmith for inspection and repair as that will keep both you and your pistol safe .
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:22 am

[/quote]
Prickly is just the way some of us are - it being a shooters' forum, be prepared to be shot at if you're painting a target on your back! :lol: :-D[/quote]

Love the way you put it. Gotta use that lingo sometime 8)

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:41 pm

Take it to a gun-smith , sit there while he rectifies the problem , you will learn fine. Re-installation of airgun spring is many times a painful experience. Good luck ,bro .
Great men are not born great , they grow great .