IHP 35, Wooden Stock shaking

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
nkarun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

IHP 35, Wooden Stock shaking

Post by nkarun » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:13 pm

I am facing a problem, After some 5 or 6 shots, (master shot, pointed) my IHP 35 /0.22 stock and barrel connecting screw get loose. (screw/bolt shown in circle in the picture). Did other senior members faced similar problem in there respective ARs, Can i unloose it and apply ' Anabond Thread Locker' for preventing it from get loose during recoiling.
IHP 35 Stock.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
anoop
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: IHP 35, Wooden Stock shaking

Post by anoop » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:39 pm

Dear nkarun ,i had similar problem in my NP Polaris. I overcame it by putting rubber washers ( tube ) and it is holding. You may try this. Anoop

nkarun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nkarun » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:55 pm

Thanks anoop. But before reading your post I tried with anabond tread locker. Now iam waiting for it to set. If still it comes during shooting I will try ur option.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:31 pm

Fevifit 33 is the only thread locker from Pidilite available in India in general.
Put just one drop on both threads and leave it cure for 24 hrs.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

nkarun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nkarun » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:28 pm

Thank you sir. I think one more product is there, anabond 112 thread locker. I tried it and failed. Will update the pics. I noticed one bolt is short n length so not enough treads to hold wood and barrel together I think its a M4. That may b one reason for thread locker failed in one side. Other side is ok now.

nkarun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nkarun » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:23 am

Some pictures of stock and its correction done by me is updating. As Anoop's instruction i tried to put washer and then screw, with thread locker. There was toothed lock washer present but its not serving the function, and damaging the mating part with wood. It was factory fit. i think there is a need for split washer. Any way as shown in pictures i sliced thin pieces for washer from PVC (its having compliance similar to rubber, its medical PVC which was available with me at that time). As i mentioned yesterday one of the bolt is short in length compared to the other side (left) bolt i don't know how it happened. I remember some one pointed ' these guys are not considering and paying attention to such type of minor things'. If that bolt was having at least 2mm more in length it may have hold properly.
Now already 24 hrs passed after fixing with thread locker and Rubber/PVC washer, i will check whether it worked or not. If not am planning to go for split washer. Basu sir, i have anabond 112 thread locker. On googling its found that both have similar curing properties. Unfortunately it is not available in my area (thiruvananthapuram).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

David
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by David » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:08 am

Always use temporary thread lock . Loctite 242 will help

Rgds
David

nkarun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nkarun » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:16 pm

nkarun wrote:I am facing a problem, After some 5 or 6 shots, (master shot, pointed) my IHP 35 /0.22 stock and barrel connecting screw get loose. (screw/bolt shown in circle in the picture). Did other senior members faced similar problem in there respective ARs, Can i unloose it and apply ' Anabond Thread Locker' for preventing it from get loose during recoiling.
IHP 35 Stock.JPG

I think the reason for loosening of stock - barrel bolts are my over do of oiling. Like any other enthusiastic newbie AR owner I oiled all metal parts and for a sake put two drops of oil on right and left side stock screws. This resulted n wetting of wood fibres. As I said its badam wood, fibrous. When recoil happens star washer which is in direct contact with wood loosened. Recoil exerted load on bolts, star washer and then to wood. Already oil soaked wood contact area ripped off.resulting loosening of barrel. A star washer or spring washer should always have a flat washer underneath. Then only those washers work as vibration resistant. Over do combined with negligence of small design details is the reason for failure.