Longest Distance shot with a Springer

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
himanshu maru
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Longest Distance shot with a Springer

Post by himanshu maru » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:55 pm

Have ordered for same precipell (round head ) Will try in 10 days.

Sent from my SM-G928G using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:03 pm

Dear Maru,

I hope you failed in your this attempt due to breeze .

If i compare the short range grouping with this one ,then i find no reason, other than the above.

I presume that you had adjusted the scope as per requiement.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

himanshu maru
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by himanshu maru » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:08 pm

Mr. Basu,
Could not manage to get pellet beyond 45 MTS. P10 are very light and poor in aerodynamic.
Yes I have adjusted scope as per chairgun.

shirodkar4
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shirodkar4 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:04 am

Dear Himanshu,
Let us know your experience with precipell .22 pellets. These are the best Indian pellets at 70mts. As Basu Sir suggested wind is a very important factor beyond 40 mts. Be sure to shoot when there is no wind or else you will be frustrated as the pellets even precipell ones get blown off as they loose energy with distance. Keep us updated.
Regards,
S Shirodkar

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk

ibalajis
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ibalajis » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:50 am

himanshu maru wrote:Mr. Basu,
Could not manage to get pellet beyond 45 MTS. P10 are very light and poor in aerodynamic.
Yes I have adjusted scope as per chairgun.

And AFAIK wadcutters are not suitable for long range shooting.

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:40 am

I'm planning on buying the NX100 Polaris soon, and was wondering what is the max range it can shatter a glass target. I'm not concerned about how accurate it is, I'm more interested in knowing if it does any damage at disntances ranging from 100-150 meters. Planning to pick it up for plinking at my farmhouse, but I'm concerned it may do damage to the abandoned house that's about 150 meters away. If that's the case then I'll probably build some kind of makeshift wall to avoid stray shots from doing any harm.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:16 am

Diabolo pellets are designed with extreme drag to slow them down. The maximum distance you will be able to shoot accurately will be 50m with a good domed pellet. After it crosses 80-90 m it will most likely tumble. Although it won't have any dangerous amount of energy left at 100-150m , nor can it shatter glass, it is always advisable to have a safe backstop while shooting. More than the house, I worry about people getting in the pellets way.

Added in 21 minutes 40 seconds:
just found out using chairgun that if the Polaris produces 11.5 fpe at the muzzle , then with a good jsb exact pellet, it would have 3.5 and 2 ft-lb energy at 100 and 150 m respectively. Only 0.7 fpe is needed to break the human skin, so better to exercise caution, as every unfortunate incident is used by the "antis" to fuel their demand for the ban on air guns, who are led from the front by Maneka Gandhi.
"Aim small, miss small."

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:56 pm

Exactly my point, Sam. I've heard of my cousin mistakenly shatter windowpanes at 130 meters with his locally crafted air rifle. The entire property is our family's, so no worry of humans other than us. No one goes to the abandoned house, so that's fine. I have a feeling a Precihole NX100 Polaris has a very long range, owing to it's accuracy at 50 yards. Any owners have any inputs on this? I think I'll design a wooden fence/backstop just to be safe.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:56 pm

I have a Scorpius from precihole. When you buy the gun, in the manual you will see that it mentions that it is dangerous up to 450 m. But that is the extreme distance up to which the pellet will travel, but up to 250 is the danger distance according to chairgun. Best is use a metal pellet catcher which can be bought online, or a simple steel thali also works great which is what I use. :lol:
"Aim small, miss small."

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:00 pm

Makes sense, Sam. That's what I wanted to know. The maximum distance it could cause any kind of damage. I think I'll make a pellet catcher. We have pigs that roam around, don't want to have to make sausages by mistake! [emoji12]

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:09 am

According to Indian market, there is much to blame about pellets rather than air rifles.A good pellet which is designed for long range have less drag in flight and can render good accuracy even beyond 100mts.For example you can consider the design of 'piledriver' pellets, which are designed for retaining power downrange. Hence the diabolo pellets can't be expected to perform at long distances.Irrespective of the power of the rifle, the diabolo pellets can deliver the same power at long range. That may be the reason for the use of custom made pellets like piledriver in high powered air rifles at long range.
With regards,
vsraja

Steve007
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Steve007 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:54 am

Oh. From the subject, I thought this was going to be about long distance game shots while hunting birds over a spaniel. :wink:

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:09 am

Not like that Steve, the pellet which retains power at long range will be more accurate at that range.So its purely about accuracy rather than hunting.
With regards,
vsraja

Huligun
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Huligun » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:22 am

There isa youtube video of someone shooting a small sized bottle cap (if i remember correctly) from 50, 60 and 70 meters with great accuracy!
He used sdb artemis air rifle. Again, accuracy over such long distances may vary between calibers, and naturally, also depends on your own skill, but very impressive video!

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:02 am

Huligun wrote:There isa youtube video of someone shooting a small sized bottle cap (if i remember correctly) from 50, 60 and 70 meters with great accuracy!
He used sdb artemis air rifle. Again, accuracy over such long distances may vary between calibers, and naturally, also depends on your own skill, but very impressive video!
Will you be so kind enough to provide a link to that video?? I can't find it on you tube. I only found a couple of review videos of Artemis.
"Aim small, miss small."