PCP Gun not charging...air leak

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

PCP Gun not charging...air leak

Post by chicky » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:18 pm

Dear Fellow IFGians,

I recently purchased a Steyr H5 and a Hill AirPump Mark 4. I was very excited and took the toys to a field for a trail shoot, however when I connected the male connector of the hosepipe, to the "quick fill" option, the air pumped by me was not received by the cylinder...rather it was leaking away . Even the guage on the Pump was not showing any movement or signs of the needle moving. Despite trying everything , nothing worked.
I shall be grateful if seniors or owners of similar rifles can let me know why this is happening and how I can remedy this. :please:

Thankyou and with grateful thanks for your advice,

Chicky
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

For Advertising mail webmaster
kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: PCP Gun not charging...air leak

Post by kshitij » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:25 pm

Ask someone else to pump. Use your finger to see where the leak is. If it exactly where the adaptors fit, then either the adaptors have not fit right or they are faulty.
*just my best guess. Share your findings with some pictures to enable people to better help.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sohampaul11 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:55 pm

Check the bleed screw of your pump. It's a brass screw located at the base. Make sure it's tightened up.

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:13 pm

Thankyou kshitij, sohampaul for your suggestions, I have been able to resolve the issue, it was a minor fault in tightening the screws of the probe and the hose pipe connector. I had written to Hill Pump in this regard and they not only replied promptly but also gave me the solution. Wonderful customer service by them and much appreciated.

Thankyou all,

Chicky

sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sohampaul11 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:15 pm

Great!
Happy shooting! :-)

sairamrao
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sairamrao » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:58 pm

good to hear that your problem is solved.
congratulations on your new gun chicky.
can you please provide some details about your gun?like caliber,energy etc.
and also please let us know how you got it,so it will be helpful for other members.
thank you. :)
-with great power,comes great responsibility-

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:50 am

Hi Sairamrao,

The gun is a Steyr Hunting 5 and is semi automatic in .22 caliber. It's has now become my favourite, and makes me look like a good shot with it's accuracy. The energy is 24 joules, but I can modify it by turning a screw, to 40 joules. I bought this from Bangalore from a friend of mine who had imported it from Syndicate Innovations (the Steyr agents in India). Though a little costly but it is considered as one of the best pcp in the world.
Am very happy with this...and humbled at my good fortune.

Chicky

sairamrao
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sairamrao » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:06 pm

chicky wrote:Hi Sairamrao,

The gun is a Steyr Hunting 5 and is semi automatic in .22 caliber. It's has now become my favourite, and makes me look like a good shot with it's accuracy. The energy is 24 joules, but I can modify it by turning a screw, to 40 joules. I bought this from Bangalore from a friend of mine who had imported it from Syndicate Innovations (the Steyr agents in India). Though a little costly but it is considered as one of the best pcp in the world.
Am very happy with this...and humbled at my good fortune.

Chicky
Oh. That's so nice.
Do you have any pictures of grouping?
I'm looking for a PCP that's 1inch accurate @50mtr. Do you think this gun is the one? If it's capable of hitting 1inch coin @50mtr 5/5 times.then I will buy that, please let me know how can I get it?
Please also tell me, how much it costs?
Will be waiting for your reply. :)
Thanks in advance.

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:12 pm

Steyr, in general, are amoung the most accurate guns worldwide. But there is an understanding that, it is the shooter's 80% skill and the gun contributes 20% of the shot taken. Whether the gun fired by you is capable of hitting a 1" coin 50 mts away is therefore largely dependent on your skill. But if your aim is true, I believe this gun will deliver. I had shot the gun recently , on a standing position, and was able to put 5 pellets almost one on top of the other, at 20 meters.( I regret though I have no pictures to prove this)
As regards the cost , please visit the Steyr india website , all your queries can be answered there. The Syndicate is their authorised dealer in India.

All the best

sairamrao
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sairamrao » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:19 pm

chicky wrote:Steyr, in general, are amoung the most accurate guns worldwide. But there is an understanding that, it is the shooter's 80% skill and the gun contributes 20% of the shot taken. Whether the gun fired by you is capable of hitting a 1" coin 50 mts away is therefore largely dependent on your skill. But if your aim is true, I believe this gun will deliver. I had shot the gun recently , on a standing position, and was able to put 5 pellets almost one on top of the other, at 20 meters.( I regret though I have no pictures to prove this)
As regards the cost , please visit the Steyr india website , all your queries can be answered there. The Syndicate is their authorised dealer in India.

All the best
Thank you so much for your information chicky :D .
will contact them for sure.
:cheers:

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:32 pm

Hi Chicky,
Could you ask your friend from whom you purchased this gun and tell us how the Dealer managed to import a 0.22" cal air rifle into India as there is a ban on such.?

sairamrao
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sairamrao » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:52 pm

GNV wrote:Hi Chicky,
Could you ask your friend from whom you purchased this gun and tell us how the Dealer managed to import a 0.22" cal air rifle into India as there is a ban on such.?
hello GNV sir.
i too wonder the same.
last week i saw BSA Buccaneer SE 0.22 in a shop in hyderabad for 70k.
he is not asking any rifle club membership to purchase that gun.said just pay 70k and take it.
few months back they were having a benjamin discovery in 0.22 priced at 60k(no membership needed).
i told them to give me a call if something like airforce condor becomes available with them.
i'm going to sell my np polaris and sp50 taurus and add money to buy a pcp.
if you come across any guns(PCP 0.22) available in AP/telangana please let me know.
thanks in advance :) .

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:08 pm

Private Shops don't ask for club memberships. And it is their secret how they get the 0.22 cal Imported Air Guns. I think they are smuggled across the borders of our neighboring countries where there are no restrictions on air guns. In India right now no police officer would bother you even if one finds you with an imported 0.22 cal air rifle which looks like any normal springer or pcp manufactured before the restrictions on importing air guns came into effect. I don't know when these restrictions came into effect. But remember this before investing in an expensive 0.22 imported PCP. Any police officer who knew about these restrictions COULD ( if he wishes so and has the power to do it ) confiscate the gun at least temporarily and ask you to prove that you purchased it legally.And no Gun Shop owner would give you a bill of sale for a new imported 0.22 cal air gun. If you have club membership you can legally import only 0.177 cal air guns. And even those guns could be confiscated if they fail the deal wood test.And I think the UK FAC rated air guns in 0.177 cal would fail this test. All air guns failing the deal wood test could be classified as guns requiring license. As per my knowledge there is no thing such as 12 ft-lb energy limit or such legally at present. Only deal wood test. In India right now all the people who own the high power air guns which would be naturally imported ones are enjoying those guns because the law is not bothered about them as the officers have more important work to do. But if they really want to enforce the LAW all those weapons would be confiscated and their owners would be prosecuted as per the law. And if the new proposed laws about air guns get passed in the parliament and becomes LAW we might as well say good bye to our 0.22 cal air guns whether imported or Indian as well.

If a well tuned or modified Indian air gun in any caliber fails the deal wood test, then it could be confiscated and the owner could be prosecuted.

New shooter lucifer
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by New shooter lucifer » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:25 pm

Sairamraoi!!i am willing to buy your. Springer!!pls pc me!!!or mail me at [email protected]

akshonc
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by akshonc » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:56 pm

Hi chicky , can you pls suggest the method to increase muzzle velocity on steyr hunter 5 ,
of the video i have seen , as posted by steyr it is unclear at how much rotation dos one need to given to the increase the tension in hammer spring to get 24j in .177??
pls suggest

[Keep the muzzle energy UNDER 20 Joules / 14.75 ft.lbs. so as not to break the law - Moderator.]