My experience with relishsports.com and the Anschutz 8001 Club

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

My experience with relishsports.com and the Anschutz 8001 Club

Post by sohampaul11 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:25 pm

Hello IFGians. Those who have read the following thread https://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopi ... =2&t=23277 already know how I managed to enter the world of shooting with the Precihole NX100 Club Elite. So,I'll be continuing after that.
My mother gave me a condition that if I'm able to bring a gold in the WB state championships,she would gift me a peep sight air rifle. So,I became determined to get my hands on one. Having shot at 2 district championships before, I had a fair idea of how the states would go, nevertheless I shot as accurately and consistently as I could,scored 307/400 and earned 4 golds in the WB state championships. My family was very happy. So, she urged me to start looking for a peep sight rifle. I started the search on relishsports,a I had seen very good reviews of it from many members of this forum. A couple of weeks later I managed to get my pick. It was to be an Anschutz 8001 Club. I had considered many options before selecting this one. One was a club favourite Hammerli AR20. But the build quality bothered me. Then came an FWB 500. But it had a 110 gram trigger. So, I chose the anschutz which has a 50 gram trigger. Nitpicking really. Though I seemed to like the Anschutz sight set more. A couple of calls to relishsports revealed the prices of the rifles. This one was priced around 1,19,000/-. My budget was 1,20,000/-. So,it fit the bill. I confirmed the order with them by sending scanned copies of my passport and my Rifle club ID card. This was on 23rd Nov. 2015. I sent them the payment through NEFT on 24th Nov. 2015. They called me back saying that they've received the payment and they've placed the order. Now,came the long waiting period. After a month,they called me and said that they need a bonafide letter from the club stating that I'm a registered member of the club as well as the club ID card in original. The following week I went to my club to ask for the letter. These days they only issue the letter after having confirmed that the person has participated in atleast one competition. Anyway, I got the letter without any hassle. I sent them the letter alongwith the ID card through courier. As suggested by them,I'd sent them through DTDC. I then sent them the tracking number. This was on 21st Dec. 2015. On 14th Jan. 2016 they mailed me that they need a can of my PAN card and a declaration stating that the 'item is for personal use only and not for commercial sale' as well attaching a passport photo on that. They also mailed me 2 forms which I've attached with this post. I was told to print the and fill my name,address and signature after which I was to scan them and then mail it to them. They said that the customs will not the clear the rifle without these. So,I promptly sent them these documents. On 15th Jan. 2016,my rifle was cleared as can be seen in the attachment. A few days later on 18th Jan. 2016, they gave me the tracking number for the return of the ID card which I received on 22nd Jan. They shipped the rifle on 19th Jan. 2016 and gave me the tracking number. I received it today,i.e,25th Jan. 2016. I'm very happy with the service that relish provided. During the whole time,Mr. Zafar and his team had always been very courteous,calm,patient and professional. Though I had an initial doubt whether relish was trustworthy or not, all of my doubts got cleared after I personally used their services. It was a truly hassle free experience with relishsports. In all,it took 2 month for the rifle to arrive at my doorstep.

I'll post the pictures later when I get the time,but I'll send a few pics which I took upon receiving the rifle.

Here is one before opening the package:-
adult image

Packaging was excellent.

After opening the package,I was a bit disappointed that it didnt come with a hard case,but it's okay. I'll get one later.

image hosting without account

The rifle after fitting it with sights and the air cylinder:-

image hosting without registration
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sohampaul11 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: My experience with relishsports.com and the Anschutz 8001 Club

Post by SMJ » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:38 pm

Congratulations Sohampaul11 - well deserved! Everyone seems to have had a positive experience with Relish ports. Anyway, good luck buddy hope your spree continues and takes you places, maybe to the next Olympics in 2020 (y) Happy shooting pal..

sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sohampaul11 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:15 pm

Thanks for your wishes pal! :-)

ibalajis
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ibalajis » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:04 pm

Congratulations Sohampaul... All the very best!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:54 pm

Congratulations Sohampaul. That is a great rifle. happy shooting,
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sohampaul11 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:39 pm

Thank you ibalajis & AnandNair! :-)

sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sohampaul11 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:32 am

StormTruppen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by StormTruppen » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:09 am

Looks like a mini Chronograph with an USB interface. I might be wrong. But looks like one though :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-- The Only thing to STOP a BAD Guy with a GUN is a GOOD Guy with a GUN. (y) (y) :irule: :clap:

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:35 am

I don't think so. Chrono measures fps after the pellet leaves the barrel. Is this gun equipped with an electric trigger ?. If the gun is completely mechanical without any electronics I think it was included by mistake.

sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sohampaul11 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:03 pm

The gun is completely mechanical GNV. dsaptarshi told me it looked like a Morini electronic circuit. How can an Anschutz Air rifle come with a Morini Air Pistol electronic circuit?

Storm Truppen, No,it's not a chrono. The two slots are for the batteries. You can notice a switch with an indicator on the far left. It looks like an electronic circuit for a left hand grip version.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:21 pm

sohampaul11 wrote: How can an Anschutz Air rifle come with a Morini Air Pistol electronic circuit?
Like I told. Included by mistake. Ask relishsports if somebody ordered the part with them and it may have been included in your package. Somebody might be waiting for that part.

sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sohampaul11 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:14 am

Contacted relish while ordering a Hill pump. No joy till now. No one's bothered about it. I think I may need to sell it rather than let it gather dust.

Trajeev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Trajeev » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:44 am

Congrats sohampaul11 for your Anschutz 8001 club. I have a very positive experience of Relishsports.My son ordered an Air Force Talon ss on 5th Jan 2015 and received an AF Condor on 5th Jan 2016.That is exactly one year.It was Indian Customs who detained the rifle for about 8 months without any reason.We were patiently following up with Relishsports.As a goodwill gesture they upgraded our order to AF Condor.Relishsports people, especially Mr.Zafar & Mr.Ali were extremely courteous & confident.They know their business well.
This could be Morini AP circuit which is ordered by Abhi Purao.I will check.

sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sohampaul11 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:57 pm

Thanks for the lead Trajeev. Please get in touch if it really is his.