My airsoft kit

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Shashank s bharadwaj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: My airsoft kit

Post by Shashank s bharadwaj » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:22 pm

i need to know for sure ..!!
does purchasing from hobbytron surely reaches me ...??

For Advertising mail webmaster
estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:03 pm

Shashank s bharadwaj wrote:i need to know for sure ..!!
does purchasing from hobbytron surely reaches me ...??
Sure, it'll reach you if Customs don't see it or doesn't bother with it, which mostly never happen with airmail.
Sobo wrote:My latest acquisition: Ares IWI Tavor TAR 21 Bullpup rifle
I'm pretty sure my wife is going to kick me out of the house, but it is absolutely worth it. Inspired by the Indian Army special forces.
Congrats man! That's one fine replica of a performer, else SF wouldn't stick with it. Is an HPA mod on the way, and also optics?
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

Sobo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sobo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:38 pm

I will run it stock until the gears/piston/trigger contacts burn out, then I will wolverine hydra hpa this babe. I also have a micro-T1 red dot sight in the mail that I will use with this. In other news, the army training centre in Indiana is running a background check on me so I can play at Op: Homeland II hosted by Operation Lion Claws. Apparently, they have never had a non-US citizen participate before. Weird.

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:02 pm

Sobo wrote: the army training centre in Indiana is running a background check on me so I can play at Op: Homeland II hosted by Operation Lion Claws. Apparently, they have never had a non-US citizen participate before. Weird.
All the best, hope you get in. I'm pretty sure the Army here haven't even heard about Airsoft.

I'm surprised you giving the electrics atleast a chance to burn out given how hooked you are to hpa. You could've given it a more authentic feel with mars or meprolight sight.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

Sobo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sobo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:24 pm

Maybe that's the key, if Airsoft was introduced as a training tool for armed forces and law enforcement institutions, that will clear some fog surrounding it. US armed forces and law enforcement specifically uses airsoft as a training tool because then they can have real time force on force training.
From what I've heard from folks who have a Tavor, the replica Mars sight is poop and they end up replacing it. Not all fields have HPA fill stations and I sometimes find myself out of air in the middle of the game. Its nice to have a backup.

kathiresan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kathiresan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:03 am

Sobo wrote:I will run it stock until the gears/piston/trigger contacts burn out, then I will wolverine hydra hpa this babe. I also have a micro-T1 red dot sight in the mail that I will use with this. In other news, the army training centre in Indiana is running a background check on me so I can play at Op: Homeland II hosted by Operation Lion Claws. Apparently, they have never had a non-US citizen participate before. Weird.

Why don't you go with a polarstar instead of a wolverine or even a Daytona ... The polarstar jack engine is really amazing the rate of fire ,the consistency, the durability and of course the Fps ... It's about 300-400$ , give it a shot. What do you say? I don't know much about the the wolverine system but the p* is a proven system and after just fiddling with the electronics for a few secs you can alter the Rof, FPS and a burst function can be added...
Last edited by kathiresan on Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RandomGuyOnTheNet
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by RandomGuyOnTheNet » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:44 am

Sobo wrote:My latest acquisition: Ares IWI Tavor TAR 21 Bullpup rifle
I'm pretty sure my wife is going to kick me out of the house, but it is absolutely worth it. Inspired by the Indian Army special forces.
12548919_572901689524622_3832549787495116816_n.jpg
Nice! What the fps?

Sobo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sobo » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:47 am

Sorry guys, didnt see your replies.
@kathiresan I dont think there is a polarstar kit built for the tavor. It might have to be modified for it to fit in. This is a V6 gearbox. One of my friend has a P* Jack, it is pretty consistent and versatile. I might invest in one for my SR16 body that's sitting gathering dust.
@RandomGuyOnTheNet, this shoots around 380-390 fps. FPS is not that important after a point for range and accuracy. But it definitely helps when it comes to people calling their hits :)

RandomGuyOnTheNet
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by RandomGuyOnTheNet » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:53 pm

Yeah, that is quite good. Will definitely make the opposing member scream "Hit!!" haha