want to know nx series is good or not?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
gaurab sarkhel
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

want to know nx series is good or not?

Post by gaurab sarkhel » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:12 pm

Respctd all my name is Gaurab and i m from Assam i m new to ur world of Gun (India). Can any one told me NX 100 RF (Polarise) from PERCIHOLE is good or i go for else..........

For Advertising mail webmaster
Chengy
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: want to know nx series is good or not?

Post by Chengy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:29 am

It's a very good Indian made air rifle. It is also the most expensive :-)

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Dear gaurab,
there are plenty of postings and comments about NX 100 RF..............read and decide.....

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by main13 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:38 pm

gaurab sarkhel wrote:Respctd all my name is Gaurab and i m from Assam i m new to ur world of Gun (India). Can any one told me NX 100 RF (Polarise) from PERCIHOLE is good or i go for else..........
Hi Gaurab!

IMHO 'good' is a relative term.. Esp with guns, what's the best in the market may also be amongst the more expensive... You need to read up & decide the definition of 'good' vs 'affordable' for yourself! :)

You will need to decide what you want it for.. Do you fancy competition shooting or do you want to have fun plinking.. Or whether your aim is pest control on a farm...
You will also need to decide your budget.. I'm assuming you're willing to spend around ₹15000/- ...

If competition shooting is what you want, you'll need to spend more & buy a PCP gun along with its associated 'ecosystem'...
For fun plinking or pest control you can choose either a springer or gas-ram(nitro piston) gun. Both have their advantages & downfalls - Springers are a little noisier but cheaper. Gas rams are softer but slightly more expensive generally. I prefer the springers as it takes a little more to shoot them well!

In Indian ARs only Precihole makes gas rams, the NX100 (or at least that I know of). Among Springers there are many brands like Precihole (SX100), National, SDB, AARMR etc.

If I had to pick a gun for plinking, I would do a cost-benefit analysis! Precihole is now a famous name with decent power & accuracy, costs about 15000 INR for its gas ram & 12000-13000INR for springer.

Then there is this SDB Apache SE which costs around 7000 INR on Kovibazar. Have been hearing good things about it from Basu sir & others, so must be good! Seems to be producing about same power & accuracy as Precihole at half the price! Comes in a wooden stock too. Good buy worth the money...

There is this gun Hurricane Mod 15 from AARMR that's throwing a lot of power at muzzle with fair accuracy. There is also a thread about it on this forum. I happen to be in touch with its manufacturer, can personally vouch for its build quality & the constant R&D these guys are up to.. Its tough as nails, huge scope for further modifications, has a fancy looking stock too.
I would be buying this gun myself once they come out with its production model. Costs 8000INR including postage if you buy directly from its manufacturer.

Finally there is the National/IHP - the old & trusted shooter owned by so many of us! I understand IHP35 is a famous model, decent. I have no idea of its pricing but I was not too happy with its build quality..

So that's a (brief) review of some of the guns we guys own, shoot & love... Hope to add one to the tally soon!!! :)
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods.

ttomkatt
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ttomkatt » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:55 pm

Hai Gaurab, as main13 suggested, there are infinite models available in the market nowadays for different purposes. But being an owner of NX100 I can vouch for the fact that its a good gun with decent power, consistency and accuracy as well. If you opt out of the RF (rust free) coated models, you can save a couple of bucks too. Cheers.

gaurab sarkhel
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gaurab sarkhel » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:55 pm

Thnx so much , actually i ws going for gemo extreme hunter but i was not any dealer may be i m not be able to find out them till , that's why i buy nx 100 karbin polarise rf model yesterday, but again thanq u so much all for your valuable response.

gaurab sarkhel
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gaurab sarkhel » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:17 am

Respected all i have brought another airpistol sf50 rf phonix and today it was delivered in to my house. Later i am try to make a video about this soo called pistol , thnx wish all of you a very very HAPPY NEW YEAR...

Master
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Master » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:06 am

I would like to ask for the opinion of senior members and other members. My Precihole scorpius is about one and half year old. In the beginning I chronoed it with Chrono connect and it was giving about 600 fps with precipell. After a year of leaking oil little by little on the rear side, its fps is now same as my SDB Sports (about 480 fps). Now I am finding SDB more accurate (from the point of view of an amateur) than Scorpius. I checked the internals of the Scorpius, and found that piston seal has worn out a little bit and changed it with a new precihole seal. Also changed the breech seal o ring. Still no change in fps of Precihole Scorpius (still 450-500). Is the reason weakening of nitro piston ? If this is the case, it is better to change internals of NX 100 with SX 100, as new nitro pistons are expensive. There is no assurance that new nitro piston will not go the same way in year.

Added in 7 minutes 25 seconds:
gaurab sarkhel wrote:Respected all i have brought another airpistol sf50 rf phonix and today it was delivered in to my house. Later i am try to make a video about this soo called pistol , thnx wish all of you a very very HAPPY NEW YEAR...
Gaurav, I am sharing a bit of user experience and suggestions.Check the breech seal o ring is functioning ok. For mine, it was too deep into the breech metal and was ineffective. Tighten the front sight as it will move a little bit during cocking. This effects accuracy severely. Finally, handle cocking aid with care, is it tends to break into two. Otherwise, it is a very accurate and good pistol and works upto the specification (among the available in India).

gaurab sarkhel
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gaurab sarkhel » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:46 pm

Thnq you very much sir ...

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:21 pm

Dear Master,
I think low power of your AR is caused by faulty nitro piston.
It is better to replace it.
I have fired both sx n nx and feel of nx is far superior to sx.
I advice you to stick to nitro piston only.
SDB Sport is a max 550 FPS AR with suitable pellet but holds awesome potential to outbeat many top ARs in terms of accuracy.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

Master
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Master » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:56 am

Basu wrote:Dear Master,
I think low power of your AR is caused by faulty nitro piston.
It is better to replace it.
I have fired both sx n nx and feel of nx is far superior to sx.
I advice you to stick to nitro piston only.
SDB Sport is a max 550 FPS AR with suitable pellet but holds awesome potential to outbeat many top ARs in terms of accuracy.

Basu
Thank you for the precious information. As you mentioned elsewhere, SDB is really a nice gun once you properly clean up the internals. I got an improvemnt of about 50 fps after clearing out the junk inside the SDB sports and relubrication.