My NEW Old ORION

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: My NEW Old ORION

Post by GNV » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:24 pm

Brihaji,
Thank You. I also emailed Dr.Shirsat last night. He advised the same. He also told that while Precihole Sports like to have an in house bluing facility, they couldn't due to effluent disposal problems in the industrial area.
Regards,
GNV

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:57 pm

GNV wrote:Brihaji,
Thank You. I also emailed Dr.Shirsat last night. He advised the same. He also told that while Precihole Sports like to have an in house bluing facility, they couldn't due to effluent disposal problems in the industrial area.
Regards,
GNV
You're welcome :D
Waiting for your test results with the new assembly!
Could you please PM me your contact no. & e-mail ID?
Cheers
Briha

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:36 pm

Brihaji,

Sent my details.
It had been raining everyday on and off and continuously for the past 15 days here and today only we had a full sunny day all day without any rain. My shooting ground on my plantation is all muddy and I am waiting for it to dry up to test the gun. Hope to do a complete test in a couple of days.

Regards,
GNV

Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ganesh TT » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:04 pm

Congrats GNV on your new acquisition of wonderful rifle in india.
Thanks

GANESH TT

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:26 pm

Thank You Ganesh

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:53 pm

GNV wrote:Thank You Kshitij and Brihaji.
I noticed a few differences between the old and new receiver tubes. The breach block jaws are a bit shorter while the barrel hinge bolt location is the same. It seems the receiver tube wall thickness is thinner in the new one. OD seems to be same because it fits normally in the stock. Dovetail grooves are much better. May be because this is a non production and replacement set the company name, logo and model name are not engraved on the receiver tube. One thing I didn't like is breaking and closing the barrel is hard and require force to be applied. Particularly closing. I have to forcefully snap it close. On the old one it was very smooth.
It was drizzling again so I couldn't shoot outdoors. Fitted my scope using a one piece mount and plinked from my balcony at small objects at about 25 meters and the gun is accurate and best thing is there is no noticeable barrel drooping. May be no barrel droop at all. :D

Hoping that the weather clears tomorrow. There is work to be done on my plantation and I have two guns to test.

GNV.

P.S: and Kshitij those photos I requested.....
I hoped this problem would solve itself with use but it had become increasingly worse. After shooting may be fifty pellets the barrel could not be closed at all. So I disassembled the barrel locking pin assembly and shortened the barrel locking pin spring by grinding it using a Dremel Tool and grinding stone. Lubricated and reassembled it. Now the opening and closing of the barrel is smooth and easy yet perfectly secure. I also noticed that still there is a little oil leakage from the Nitro Piston even after some 1500+ pellets shot through the gun and also the MVs are slowly decreasing.