My New Precihole TAURUS SP50 Air Pistol

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Jozul
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: My New Precihole TAURUS SP50 Air Pistol

Post by Jozul » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:50 pm

Thanks for the reply. I've order my Taurus too but heck I want it to the have the same modifications as you do. Where did you get the rail and brake from? How did you get it mounted. Please oblige an air gun illeterate beginner

For Advertising mail webmaster
shaz
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by shaz » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:30 pm

Hi brihacharan,

is that a precihole Muzzle weight you have mounted in the placce of front sight. can you tell me how it is affecting the balance of the pistol.

MauserTypeC
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by MauserTypeC » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:10 pm

Sir is the rear sight fitted on a 11 mm dovetail, which I can remove and fit a red dot to. And what do you think of the .177 model of these.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:19 pm

Dear Jozul
Since it shoots 10-12m (33-40') with reasonable accuracy why would one require a scope ? Adding rails on a .177/.22 AP would be an overkill.

Dear Brihji
1. Any idea if the trigger weight can be brought around to 500-700 gm with the allen keys ?
2. Would it then be possible to shoot with one hand at 10m ?
3. Windage/ Elevation ould probably be done with a guesstimate, right ? Or does it have stepwise incremental stages ?
4. BTW, would suggest the 'sanskari' Mr. Daniel Craig to use your modified piece in the next Bond or rather Brih Bond flick. ;-)

regs
A.

MauserTypeC
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by MauserTypeC » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:59 am

I saw the pistol at a dealer in Mumbai and just cannot forget it. It's so compact and beautiful I am going to buy the phoenix .177 for sure.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:18 pm

shaz wrote:Hi brihacharan,

is that a precihole Muzzle weight you have mounted in the place of front sight. can you tell me how it is affecting the balance of the pistol.
The Muzzle Brake I have fixed on to my Precihole TAURUS SP50 Pistol is not made by Precihole....It has been custom made..
The Muzzle Brake is supposed to improve the barrel harmonics & also help in easing the cocking of the pistol!!!
Briha

Added in 9 minutes 22 seconds:
airgun_novice wrote: Dear Brihji
1. Any idea if the trigger weight can be brought around to 500-700 gm with the allen keys ?
3. Windage/ Elevation ould probably be done with a guesstimate, right ? Or does it have stepwise incremental stages ?
4. BTW, would suggest the 'sanskari' Mr. Daniel Craig to use your modified piece in the next Bond or rather Brih Bond flick. ;-)
regs
A.
1. Discussed this point with Doc. Shirsat of Precihole....The Trigger can be adjusted a 'bit' and cannot be brought to the level you've mentioned (the reason being its construction) According to Doc any drastic reduction in the trigger pressure may cause "Auto Fire"!!!

2. One hand shooting is possible...but the present 6lbs to 7lbs pressure necessitates a 2 hand hold.....

3. Windage & Elevation can be adjusted with a 2mm Allen Key according to Doc.....although I have not attempted it!

4. ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Briha

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:33 pm

brihacharan wrote:The Muzzle Brake is supposed to improve the barrel harmonics & also help in easing the cocking of the pistol!!!
ROTFL I am sorry but it isn't quite as simple as that. I had assumed it was taken from one of the Precihole carbine air-rifles.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:34 am

Mack The Knife wrote:
brihacharan wrote:The Muzzle Brake is supposed to improve the barrel harmonics & also help in easing the cocking of the pistol!!!
ROTFL I am sorry but it isn't quite as simple as that. I had assumed it was taken from one of the Precihole carbine air-rifles.

Precihole AR barrels come with 15mm OD whereas their Pistol barrels are 12mm...hence had to get a new one machined & my machinist did an excellent job of it :D
For the internals I designed a 'damping system' (see pic) & had it covered with a strip of stretchable foam!
It was fun doing it :D
Briha

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:29 pm

Brihaji,

Isn't it illegal to fix any fixture that muffles noise of a gun when fired be it a firearm or air gun in India?

GNV

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:08 pm

GNV wrote:Brihaji,
Isn't it illegal to fix any fixture that muffles noise of a gun when fired be it a firearm or air gun in India?
GNV
Hello GNV,
Noise Suppressors may be prohibited in Fire Arms....
However in Air Arms they are (internals) constructed differently....as they do not contain cones or baffles to suppress noise...
Technically they are not called "Suppressors / Silencers" - They called called "Muzzle Brakes"....Primarily meant to:

1. To protect the 'Crown' at the end of the barrel
2. To improve barrel harmonics (as ARs do vibrate due to their forward & backward recoil)
3. To aid in easy cocking of the AR
4. To lend a certain 'aesthetics' in the look & feel of the AR

In fact Precihole does supply these 'Muzzle Brakes' along with their ARs....see pic below....
Briha

Added in 46 minutes 42 seconds:
Hello GNV,
Another interesting feature of Muzzle Brakes to be considered is:
When the AR is fired the exiting compressed air causes an ‘air – turbulence’ in front of the muzzle before the pellet exits the barrel…
So this turbulence can cause certain irregularities in the pellet’s flight path, which may affect accuracy…
One reason why many Muzzle Brakes have ‘angled air vents’ or ‘perforations’, which allow the exiting air to escape, thus allowing the pellet to exit in the ambient air…as this contributes to the stability of the pellet during its flight….
These pics amply illustrate the features mentioned above....
Briha

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:39 pm

Thanks Brihaji.
Does the Precihole Muzzle Breaks have internal air vents like those in your custom made muzzle break? I was thinking that it was a solid piece of metal to make cocking easy and to make the gun look better and the cost of it on online stores is very high.
Regards,
GNV

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:04 pm

[quote="GNV"]Thanks Brihaji.
Does the Precihole Muzzle Breaks have internal air vents like those in your custom made muzzle break? I was thinking that it was a solid piece of metal to make cocking easy and to make the gun look better and the cost of it on online stores is very high.
Regards,
GNV[/quote

The Precihole Muzzle Brakes have two washers inside held by a spring to control the air pressure within, as compared to my design which has a tube with perforations held by two washers to dissipate air.
In effect the Precihole Muzzle Brake serves more as a cocking aid + protection for the barrel crown & improve barrel harmonics!
Briha

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:16 pm

Dear Brihaji,
Thank You.
Could you please explain the problem I am facing with my new barrel and receiver. I just posted it in my " My NEW old ORION " post.

Regards,
GNV

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:41 pm

brihacharan wrote:Precihole AR barrels come with 15mm OD whereas their Pistol barrels are 12mm...hence had to get a new one machined & my machinist did an excellent job of it :D
For the internals I designed a 'damping system' (see pic) & had it covered with a strip of stretchable foam!
It was fun doing it :D
Briha
That's a muzzle weight with pretensions to being a suppressor. Most definitely not a barrel tuner.

Mortis
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Mortis » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:47 pm

brihacharan wrote:
shaz wrote:Hi brihacharan,

is that a precihole Muzzle weight you have mounted in the place of front sight. can you tell me how it is affecting the balance of the pistol.
The Muzzle Brake I have fixed on to my Precihole TAURUS SP50 Pistol is not made by Precihole....It has been custom made..
The Muzzle Brake is supposed to improve the barrel harmonics & also help in easing the cocking of the pistol!!!
Briha

Added in 9 minutes 22 seconds:
airgun_novice wrote: Dear Brihji
regs
A.
1. Discussed this point with Doc. Shirsat of Precihole....The Trigger can be adjusted a 'bit' and cannot be brought to the level you've mentioned (the reason being its construction) According to Doc any drastic reduction in the trigger pressure may cause "Auto Fire"!!!

2. One hand shooting is possible...but the present 6lbs to 7lbs pressure necessitates a 2 hand hold.....

3. Windage & Elevation can be adjusted with a 2mm Allen Key according to Doc.....although I have not attempted it!

4. ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Briha

Hello Brihacharan. I too am an owner or the Taurus SP50 and had posted my early review on the old announcement thread. The trigger has settled in quite nicely after 400 odd shots.
I am also located in Mumbai and was wondering if I could purchase your muzzle weight from you since it is a bit inconvenient to keep putting on and off the supplied cocking aid. Also, my front sight has become loose and keeps needing adjustment so I might as well take it off and replace with something more practical.