AARMR Hurricane Model 15. First Impressions. Picture Heavy

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
asj_raj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: AARMR Hurricane Model 15. First Impressions. Picture Heavy

Post by asj_raj » Mon May 30, 2016 11:46 am

Good news gentlemen, the latest update from Mr Manbir is that they'll have a few units of the Hurricane ready to ship soon. He has also generously agreed to add on a few extra modifications for the members of this forum, in case we request them. This is a one time offer though. Depending on how many orders we can get to him we might even get a discount.
In case anyone's interested in purchasing the hurricane this might be a good time. For extra mods on the units you can send a pm to main13.

Edit:
Just a disclaimer neither I nor main13 are acting as middlemen. I merely bring you the information.

For Advertising mail webmaster
vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:34 pm

Hi all members and main13, a picatinny rail attachment is very useful and it would be better if it was attached in factory itself.And i have no idea about other modifications.I tried sending PM to main13 but IFG wont allows that.
With regards,
vsraja

anoop
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by anoop » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:23 pm

Hi main 13, unable to send PM to you.Reason not known. Can you plz PM me your mobile number Thanks Anoop

Maheshzarkar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Maheshzarkar » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:13 pm

Long time. No posts. Seems Hurricane Mod 15 is losing its initial hump.

So as all say Percihole Scorpius nx 100 is the winner...

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:11 pm

Not necessarily. If we forget the Hurricane's stock both are good. Strangely I am finding the Hurricane's stock more comfortable to shoot from bench rest. But for me for offhand shooting PH tops.
At that price Hurricane has its own piece of the market. It is accurate.

GNV.

Sibin chackiyath
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sibin chackiyath » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:31 am

Hello....have anyone noticed the air capacity of hurricane 15? Is this weapon much more powerful than IHP 35?. And weather the receiver has any slots as welded GI pipes as some Indian guns? What about the piston seal?. Anyway the above review is very much useful ,really capable to satisfy a gun enthusiasts who goes into depth.

asj_raj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by asj_raj » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:15 am

Both vsraja and I have been using the ones we bought. Haven't had much time personally to really get a detailed feel of the gun so maybe vsraja can comment better on that but my only major gripe ATM is the trigger weight which I plan to fix or at least get fixed soon.
Also the piece I was sent stopped dieseling after like 20 shots. And it definitely has a higher muzzle energy compared to Scorpius.

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:48 am

Hello airgunners, finally i had openned the rifle to lubricate the interior. The receiver was made of seamless tube and no doubt about it. Each and every parts are made of quality materials and stands very solid in finishing (interior and exterior).A good quality polymer stock and a nice barrel.The trigger system stands away from other indian made AR.The usability (holding and firing) is like a thumbhole stock.A 11mm dovetail does the job perfectly.My rifle has a scope stop attached by them on my request.I felt some heavy recoil and vibration which lot heavier than my other AR and this is the only cons from this rifle so far. And that too can be reduced after proper tuning.The trigger can be adjusted by removing the stock. It takes time to understand this rifle.Thatswhy the early users were late at reviewing this gun.Onething was sure about the gun is that it worth much more than you rupee spent. I felt it was powerful than other guns but not tested properly.Also onething to remember is that it likes only the wider pellets.Many pellets in the market are loose fit.some of them travels from breach to muzzle while loading.Even mastershot wadcutter is loose fit.I most of the time feels like a 'dry fire' eventhough i loaded due to loose fit. Hence i cant comment about the accuracy because it should be tested with the pellets of snug fit.If you are buying with or without the special discount, the value you are getting will be more than you pay.A well made air rifle. Some features were added in the new version which i have got (hurricane 15T) includes a safety lever which prevents slamming of barrel against the breach accidentally.It locks the trigger till you close the barrel.You cant uncock without firing.But it doesnot does the function of safety lever which in the precihole. It can autofire once the barrel was closed.but it was a good feature.You need to purchase the set of allen keys for servicing this rifle.Every screws were allen screws,even in the trigger and rear sight.The breach seal was synthetic similar to precihole seal.Ask me any further doubt arises and will try to answer if i can.
With regards,
vsraja

ebenezer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ebenezer » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:50 pm

Hello all,

Will the manufacturer of this airgun get the stock done as per our specifications, as part of their custom-made offer? Kindly share any information you get.

Regards,
Ebenezer

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:18 pm

ebenezer wrote:Hello all,

Will the manufacturer of this airgun get the stock done as per our specifications, as part of their custom-made offer? Kindly share any information you get.

Regards,
Ebenezer
Yep there is a chance.Ask the AARMR for any modification which you needed.
With regards,
vsraja

asj_raj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by asj_raj » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:19 pm

ebenezer wrote:Hello all,

Regards,
Ebenezer
The only customization that could be managed was a screwed on scope stop instead of separate stop holes. By my understanding, the stock is one thing there is no chance of any modification to.
They did mention that they plan to introduce cheek pieces for the stock that can be added on to the existing design. However there is no fixed deadline and I wouldn't hold my breath.

Edit: Also they said that they plan to replace the dovetail with a weaver rail, but again no fixed timeline as to when can this be expected.

Sibin chackiyath
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sibin chackiyath » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:30 pm

Hello members....I did not get answer for my queries.... I'm so eager to knew about this weapon and looking to purchase one. If anyone experienced a comparison with IHP 35 please solve my queries. I own an IHP 35. Thank you...

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:16 am

Well, getting a mould is not cheap. I wouldn't be surprised if the company produces fiber stock till they break even. Wouldn't blame them either. Once the gun is done I plan of getting one and among other things, replace the stock with a classic wooden stock.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

Sibin chackiyath
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sibin chackiyath » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:06 pm

Thank you very much bro:VSRAJA for your kind replay.

Sibin chackiyath
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sibin chackiyath » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:47 pm

Hello...VSRAJA...if possible give me your Watsapp number. I don't know how to order hurricane to AARMR. THANKING YOU..