Airsoft player from Wisconsin/Mumbai

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Sobo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Airsoft player from Wisconsin/Mumbai

Post by Sobo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:01 am

Hi

I'm a thorough-bred Mumbaikar who has been in Wisconsin the last five years. I have taken up the sport of airsoft and Milsim here since the last three years and its been an amazing time. I have three upgraded aeg's and two handguns. I wanted to know if India will ever see airsoft as a sport and are there are players on this forum. I know paintball is pretty common, but airsoft is so much more realistic and immersive. I have attached some pics below. Thoughts/questions are welcome!
11846672_10204141279765733_3159690064796386990_n.jpg
11406309_10203892779953393_2725445644986841568_o.jpg
11265132_10203714834264862_2010502368994535665_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Airsoft player from Wisconsin/Mumbai

Post by xl_target » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:41 am

Welcome to IFG.
It is good to hear from another Indian in the Upper Midwest.
Do you generally play the part of a PMC or do you play other roles too?
Can you show us some more photos of your gear?

Just wondering why you have a Flaming Pig on your M4 instead of an A2?
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:31 pm

Consider yourself lucky & privileged to have experienced this sport, especially being an Indian. Really.

There's an airsoft team in Chennai, but sadly they don't find it hip to post their games here even after many requests. The person is a friend. They got all their gear well before customs came to hear about the sport.

Nice gear there. To answer will India ever see airsoft as an accepted sport, nope.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

Sobo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sobo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:48 pm

Hi xl

Likewise, nice to see Indians in USA interested in guns. I'm planning to be a proud owner of Colt LE6920 Magpul version by early next year.
I like my PMC loadout since it keeps cool during summers. I'm slowly building a Kryptek Highlander loadout but that is still a work in progress.
The gun is picture is the Tippmann M4 which by far is the loudest airsoft gun, the noveske makes it louder, good for supressing fire, nobody raises their head up when I'm going full-auto.
I'm at work and will post more pics when i get a chance.

Hi estousandy
I have not met a single Indian in airsoft, I try to convince my friends to join me but most are paranoid. One even told me, "Dude, FBI will keep tabs on you." hahaha. But they all love to pewpew when they come over.
It's so nice to hear about an airsoft team in India. Please get them to join this forum. Let's share some ideas on how we can make airsoft in India happen.

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:51 pm

Sobo wrote: I try to convince my friends to join me but most are paranoid. One even told me, "Dude, FBI will keep tabs on you." hahaha. But they all love to pewpew when they come over.
It's so nice to hear about an airsoft team in India.
Indians being Indians, that trait they show here too. No offence, bitter truth. Except a handful few like us, it's a sad show.

There's a firm called Headrush India from Bombay. They have this mention of airsoft field on their page. The last time i hear, not even one game happened there, & being used for paintball. Reason, nobody knows about airsoft. Maybe something can be done if you can contact them. I did, but it's way beyond me.

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:05 pm

Headrush has many sites where they have paint ball setups. Young guys running the company. Got a paint ball gun from them, nice guys to deal with. Dont think they deal in or organise anything in airsoft.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:12 pm

Kshitij, they do deal in airsoft. But only wholesale, & 3x price. I do talk to Nimish there now & then, he had to stop retail plans & dedicated fields for airsoft due to very few takers. But items are guaranteed to arrive in hand through them, no customs hassles & with invoice. Minimum order is 10 pieces though. Things might have changed now, atleast it was like that till six months ago.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:03 am

Sobo wrote:Hi xl

Likewise, nice to see Indians in USA interested in guns. I'm planning to be a proud owner of Colt LE6920 Magpul version by early next year.
I like my PMC loadout since it keeps cool during summers. I'm slowly building a Kryptek Highlander loadout but that is still a work in progress.
The gun is picture is the Tippmann M4 which by far is the loudest airsoft gun, the noveske makes it louder, good for supressing fire, nobody raises their head up when I'm going full-auto.
I'm at work and will post more pics when i get a chance.

Hi estousandy
I have not met a single Indian in airsoft, I try to convince my friends to join me but most are paranoid. One even told me, "Dude, FBI will keep tabs on you." hahaha. But they all love to pewpew when they come over.
It's so nice to hear about an airsoft team in India. Please get them to join this forum. Let's share some ideas on how we can make airsoft in India happen.
I like Magpul hardware too. We have a thread here where some of us built AR's. You'll have to add yours to it when you get it.

After high school, My family moved to Nigeria and we joined the Indian Association there. We hung around with other Indians and all we did was the same things we did in India. Wherever we went it was the same. Not that, in itself, is wrong. However, I think Indians who leave India get even more hidebound and cling to every last vestige of their traditions that they can. They can get very close minded. One can keep ones traditions and heritage without being so uptight about it. It was very disappointing as I never really experienced much of Africa.

So when I came here to go to school, I knew I was only going to be here for four years and I wanted an authentic American experience. I deliberately stayed away from the Indian Association and I'm glad I did. I made lifelong friends and was taught and lived by a whole different set of norms. I enjoyed a whole different set of life experiences.

To the; "Dude, FBI will keep tabs on you", I learned to say.. "So What"?
Looking forward to your photos.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Sobo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sobo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:40 am

I will totally post pics/videos of my AR when I get it.

I completely agree with you on this, there is a whole world out there waiting for you to explore it. If you do not immerse yourself in the local culture, with local people, you haven't come out of your comfort zone. The folks I play with are amazing and I have made some great friends, this sport has that side effect. :D

Here are my three children, my co2 1911 is with a friend so dont have any pics of that.
From the top, the first is my Tippmann M4, it is the biggest baddest boy out of the bunch, reaches 250ft with 450fps with an ROF of 20. I absolutely LOVE this gun and is my primary.
The second is also an amazing replica of SR16 stoner rifle made by VFC, I'm prepping that up for the misses. The best way to enjoy a hobby is to involve THE WIFE too.
The third is my first airsoft gun, it is a G&G Combat machine, my friend uses it.
And of course, Bharat Mata ki Jai.
IMAG0737[1].jpg
IMAG0738[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shashank s bharadwaj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Shashank s bharadwaj » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:22 pm

Oh god..!!!
Please show some grace on us bangalorians
Am so jealous I don't have anything like this
All those airsoft gears how on earth did you people get t it
All I have is some spring loaded pieces
I don't even find a spare mag here
And coming to the online purchase my package never reached me
Here is my gun's
IMG_20151229_115658.JPG

Sobo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sobo » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:42 pm

Those are some good looking springers Shashank. Have patience brother, times are changing and I'm doing my bit for the sport. Hopefully, we can see some positive outcome by the end of this year.

Shashank s bharadwaj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Shashank s bharadwaj » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:06 pm

Thanks for support brother and iI hope for the best fingers crossed