AARMR hurricane model 15 air rifle india

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
debasishroy
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: AARMR hurricane model 15 air rifle india

Post by debasishroy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:50 pm

Actually I want a gun for pest control ( big rats ) so can you plz tell me which one is the best sdb apache se, sdb sports or hurricane mod 15 for doing this job humanly ..Thanks

For Advertising mail webmaster
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:48 pm

Dear Debashis,
To my experience, SDB Sport is the best field AR in .22.
It may have little less punch than Apache but it is too good of a gun in every respect.
It is real versatile , your can do target shooting as well as pest control.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:09 pm

AR is not the effective way to terminate a big rat at a dark night.So you have to go for other options like poisoning or some traps.If you still need to use air rifle for that purpose then you will need a night vision scope to do the job.Apart from that any air rifle or even some air pistol can kill these rats.Hence you can go for any air gun in the market.
With regards,
vsraja

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:41 pm

Shooting Rats on move is a close range fast action thing and this rifle's barrel is too long for such snap shots. To kill a rat HUMANELY you need to hit the brain or break its neck. Even poisoning causes a lot of pain to the Rats. To effectively control rats I use poison in my Cocoa Plantation. It is the cheapest and most effective measure. If you really want to kill rats HUMANELY go for a trap which breaks the rat's neck on closing. If you want to shoot rats with an AR then go for a gun in carbine form.i.e., a gun with a short barrel and also light in weight and easy to swing. You would also need a good scope and night vision equipment ( a good torch light fitted to the gun would do ). Ratting with an AR is a close range affair and you need to adjust the scope accordingly. And you need lots of skill to hit your mark in night on a moving target.

Regards,

GNV

moulindu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by moulindu » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:42 pm

GNV wrote:Shooting Rats on move is a close range fast action thing and this rifle's barrel is too long for such snap shots. To kill a rat HUMANELY you need to hit the brain or break its neck. Even poisoning causes a lot of pain to the Rats. If you want to shoot rats with an AR then go for a gun in carbine form.i.e., a gun with a short barrel and also light in weight and easy to swing.
After dispatching around 80 odd rats, i made some ground rules for combating/ambushing rats. First & foremost is to study/ track its movement & time so that waiting is not for eternity. Secondly good/tasty bait, though they are omnivorous but still oily/greasy sticky things helps & one can top it up with peanut butter. I put some bait couple of days proir to my ambush at my desired range (10-12 yds is what i feel comfortable) to make them more habituated with that kind of bait. The scope is always kept at lowest power to have a better field of view. I do double check my poi at given range at given magnification. On the day i put bait form dusk & check after every 30 mins to see if they have started munching on the bait. And once they start coming in its all about keeping your nerves steady.
GNV wrote:You would also need a good scope and night vision equipment ( a good torch light fitted to the gun would do ). Ratting with an AR is a close range affair and you need to adjust the scope accordingly. And you need lots of skill to hit your mark in night on a moving target.
vsraja wrote:If you still need to use air rifle for that purpose then you will need a night vision scope to do the job
vsraja & GNV you are absolutely right going for ratting without a night vision is like going to a war without eyesight. It doesn't require carbine or PCP for ratting. I did all of my ratting with IHP & TX (MKIII & not HC) coupled with UTG 3-9 scope. If you have not been through here is a link of my night site :wink: built
viewtopic.php?t=21811
Thanks Moulindu

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:05 am

Dear Moulindu, suppose you shot one dead.Will they still continue to come for the bait ?

Basu

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:54 pm

I never ambushed them so I can't say. But it is highly unlikely and I guess one has to change location. In our parts farmers use country made traps which are made of bamboo strips and palm leaves with a strip of cycle tube as a spring and they are simple and effective. A tribe called locally as erukalollu ( Roughly means Rat People or Rat catchers ) make these traps and farmers hire them to catch the rats in their fields. The current price per rat caught is 20 rupees. On an average farmers spend about 1500 to 2000 rupees per one acre of paddy field per year to catch the rats. I was told by these rat catchers that they have to clean the traps and dry them in sun light every time a rat was caught in these traps. In these traps the rat gets killed instantaneously because a closing bamboo strip breaks the neck or spine of the rat. These people told me that if the traps are not cleaned and sun dried rats don't come to that trap again. I asked a veterinarian about this and he told me that a dying/dead rat releases some hormones or chemicals into the surroundings which repel other rats. This much I know.

Regards,

GNV

debasishroy
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by debasishroy » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:33 pm

First of all thanks to all for your precious suggestions..
armar guys are claiming that it's muzzle energy is 15 fpe and average velocity is 850fps(without tuning ). .. but many people are saying that it's giving just 12 fpe with average velocity of 650 fps.. can anybody please tell me why it's happening? ?
should I buy this gun right now. ??
is it totally matured now? ?
Sorry for weak English.. Thanks

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:23 pm

Only those who own these new guns and used a chrony to measure the MV and know Pellet weights can answer your question.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:49 am

A 12 fpe or near 12 Fpe AR is quite good for all purposes.
This fpe varies with different pellets.
A gun , that produces 12+ fpe with 10.6 gns pellet , not necessarily will produce same energy with 13.5 gn. pellet.
I have seen as the weight of pellet increases, the fpe goes down but consistency of accuracy improves.
Recently I fired brand new Remington Ex in .22 that produced max 711 fps or 14.14 fpe with 12.6 gn Unitedshot RH pellet.
The claim was 18 fpe on the box.
With this experience , I can say , it is much better to choose a gun , which is being discussed on this forum at length.

Basu

moulindu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by moulindu » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:31 am

GNV wrote:I never ambushed them so I can't say. But it is highly unlikely and I guess one has to change location. In our parts farmers use country made traps which are made of bamboo strips and palm leaves with a strip of cycle tube as a spring and they are simple and effective. A tribe called locally as erukalollu ( Roughly means Rat People or Rat catchers ) make these traps and farmers hire them to catch the rats in their fields. The current price per rat caught is 20 rupees. On an average farmers spend about 1500 to 2000 rupees per one acre of paddy field per year to catch the rats. I was told by these rat catchers that they have to clean the traps and dry them in sun light every time a rat was caught in these traps. In these traps the rat gets killed instantaneously because a closing bamboo strip breaks the neck or spine of the rat. These people told me that if the traps are not cleaned and sun dried rats don't come to that trap again. I asked a veterinarian about this and he told me that a dying/dead rat releases some hormones or chemicals into the surroundings which repel other rats. This much I know.
When scouring for their possible movements one will get 3-4 vantage points, its always beneficial when those rats are moving towards the shooter rather than moving left or right. Even those rat catchers first find the possible location of their movement to make the most out of their traps.

I personally dont like poisoning or setting up traps as that might have collateral damage. Moreover, shooting them out is the next best thing to hunting, so why not make use of the opportunity as it is beneficial for both the landowner & shooter. Pest elimination & target shooting are totally different ball game, you can feel your heart beat spike up upon seeing your quarry & controlling your breathing, trigger needs lot of practise.
Basu wrote:suppose you shot one dead.Will they still continue to come for the bait ?
Yes Basuda, they will come & even will eat their own kind. Watch out my video in the earlier post of night vision setup. The quarry that was abducted was found headless next day with its gut opened. They do release some pheromones upon their demise which attracts other rats. AS GNV mentioned they might not feed on that uncleaned trap but they will surely venture out for the source. So beware of some cannibalism.
regards Moulindu

debasishroy
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by debasishroy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:12 pm

Recently I fired brand new Remington Ex in .22 that produced max 711 fps or 14.14 fpe with 12.6 gn Unitedshot RH pellet.
Dear Sir,
where you got the rifle in .22
can I get the same? ?

PuSavin
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by PuSavin » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:11 pm

Hurricane MOD 15...uncocking.
How do you uncock this gun? I bought this gun from kovibazaar..it luks gud..feels good in hand..but i cant uncock/unload again aftr loading...once loaded it has to be shot. Plz tell md how do we unload..else good gun wasting much pellets.

PuSavin
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by PuSavin » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:13 pm

How do you unload the gun again after its loaded and you decide not to shoot??

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:14 pm

PuSavin wrote:How do you unload the gun again after its loaded and you decide not to shoot??
Dont try to uncock this rifle like other air rifles, it has a safety feature which prevents it from firing before closing the barrel.Hence you can only uncock by firing it.Dont do dry fire.If you need uncock the rifle like other rifles, then you have to remove a lever attached to the trigger and cocking lever.After that you can uncock it like other rifles without wasting the pellet.
With regards,
vsraja