AARMR hurricane model 15 air rifle india

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Walibaa
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: AARMR hurricane model 15 air rifle india

Post by Walibaa » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:47 pm

I don't think we can compare it with Precihole.
https://t.me/pump_upp

For Advertising mail webmaster
AmareshS
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by AmareshS » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:58 pm

Why we can compare it with precihole ?

gun08
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gun08 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:05 pm

Precihole is one of the best and leading in India nothing can compare with it.

A-Crossbow
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by A-Crossbow » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:17 am

GNV wrote:I contacted AARMR and they are selling to indiviuals.
Awesome :)

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:06 am

Awesome :D
Last edited by ganeshn on Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:49 am

Great and congrats now we have something to look forward to @GNV ..you owe us a review !!!

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
Last edited by jatindra Singh Deo on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:54 pm

@ Jatindra Singh Deo,

Today they informed me that they would send it by courier. I guess it would take at least a week to arrive because I live in a small town in Andhra Pradesh. I sure will review it as soon as I get it in my hands.

From the exploded view diagram of the parts and cross section view of the trigger assembly I think we can assume a few things. The trigger assembly is much simple in a Precihole and very, very easy to disassemble and reassemble. In Hurricane since it is a Diana type bearing ball type trigger it would require more involvement to disassemble and reassemble, but not a very difficult job if one know what he is doing and has a bit of mechanical understanding. Anyway there are a lot of Youtube videos about disassembling and reassembling this type of Diana Triggers. The Hurricane's Trigger has more adjustments than a Ptrecihole's.

To adjust the trigger it seems one has to take the action out of the stock just like in a Precihole. And also it seems Hurricane uses a linked cocking arm just like a Precihole and it means you can not cock the rifle when the action is taken out of the stock. Trying to do it would damage the cocking lever slot in the receiver. This is as annoying as in a Precihole.

The raised dovetail scope rail would be better than the grooves cut into the receiver tube in the precihole guns.

It seems the piston washer and breech washers are synthetic.

The stated Muzzle Energy is 20 joules. i.e about 14.75 ft/lbs. I'll have to measure the fps on my shooting chrony. My ORION NP resisters between 12 and 13 ft-lbs with very light weight Indian pellets. But my ORION gives best accuracy with JSB EXACTS. I have not yet tried Precipells.

The sights look interesting. I like open front sights. The rear sight looks interesting. If it is of all metal construction and well machined to tight tolerances then it should be good.

The stock is the thing I really disliked. I like traditional stocks be it wood or synthetic. But if it is comfortable to shoot I can learn to like this assault type stock.
I sincerely hope that the Hurricane doesn't suffer from excessive barrel drooping. I had never seen a ceramic coated gun before and hope it is durable.

If the barrels are choked then it would be much better.

These are my assumptions. I'll know if they are correct or not in a few days. :lol:
Regards,
GNV.

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:56 pm

@GMV I totally agree on the Assault rifle stock configuration ,personally looks unwieldy to me and would prefer a traditional synthetic stock or even better with a wood stock ,walnut or not !

Rest of details you have provided I guess have come from a experienced hand !

Another thing I have noticed is the end cap in the 2nd picture I posted earlier , looks like a "bsa sporter " type and would look deadly on a wooden stock.I have a hunch this is a good rifle and will be one to beat with a traditional stock , and with 14.75 -15 lb will be the most powerfull Indian AR !

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:44 pm

My assumptions come from this diagram and the flyer I already posted and my experience with Precihole Air Rifles and other ARs I had owned and shot and from my own experience only. Not from any experienced hand. :wink:
HURRICANE.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:13 pm

Hi GNV,
Firstly, congrats. Nice to be reviewing an un reviewed gun. We eagerly look forward to it.
The below views are personal:
Dismantle the trigger only if necessary. A careful lube should do. Ceramic coating is great if baked properly. Tends to out live bluing a long long time. The gun is very comfortable to hold as I mentioned in a previous post.... but looks????.... I agree with you.
I really would not bring PH in to the topic. PH has earned it's place. It's like Usain Bolts. He's created the record. No point in saying so and so will break or cannot break the record. Fact is, he's the recognised chap till some one comes along. So in all fairness, PH is up there till a record breaker comes along.
I would strongly suggest you use JSB and Presipel. The later is bloody accurate in my RWS.
I guess we are as impatient as you waiting for you to receive your toy. All the best and look forward to a detailed review.

BD

BTW, which town are you from?
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:07 pm

gun08 wrote:Precihole is one of the best and leading in India nothing can compare with it.
Before Precihole made an entry, IHP was the Best. I don't know when IHP entered the scene. I only learned about Precihole and IHP and other brands when I became a member of this forum after internet was made available in my home town. Don't think that a single company can remain at the No-1 position forever. I purchased my first Precihole after seeing its reviews and pictures in this forum and seeing its specifications on Precihole Sports website and without seeing it physically or handling it, from an online store. Now this new gun Hurricane made an entry and its technical specifications are better than a Precihole Springer. While IHP remained unchanged from the basic design it was considered best then because it was better manufactured than the other guns made in India. Precihole and SDB 2000 are ADOPTED designs of their respective Originals. Air gun manufacturing is not rocket science. Proper Machinery, Good manufacturing procedures and above all commitment to produce high quality air guns are all that one requires to produce a Good Air Gun. Who knows , If the Hurricane performs as well as its build quality looks in the pictures, it may easily push Precihole to second place with its better trigger alone. Let us just wait and see reports about its performance before condemning a new product.

Added in 1 hour 35 minutes 58 seconds:
Big Daddy wrote:Hi GNV,
Firstly, congrats. Nice to be reviewing an un reviewed gun. We eagerly look forward to it.
The below views are personal:
Dismantle the trigger only if necessary. A careful lube should do. Ceramic coating is great if baked properly. Tends to out live bluing a long long time. The gun is very comfortable to hold as I mentioned in a previous post.... but looks????.... I agree with you.
I really would not bring PH in to the topic. PH has earned it's place. It's like Usain Bolts. He's created the record. No point in saying so and so will break or cannot break the record. Fact is, he's the recognised chap till some one comes along. So in all fairness, PH is up there till a record breaker comes along.
I would strongly suggest you use JSB and Presipel. The later is bloody accurate in my RWS.
I guess we are as impatient as you waiting for you to receive your toy. All the best and look forward to a detailed review.

BD

BTW, which town are you from?
Dear BD,

I was typing my above post while you posted yours. I don't have anything against Precihole. In fact it was Precihole which rekindled my interest in Air guns again after a break of nearly 20 years when they entered the scene. I started with a Diana 25 somewhere around 1969 when I was 9 years old and gave up air gun shooting in mid 1990s when I lost my RWS Mod-45. In between I romanced with quite a few Daisy and Crosman single and multi pump pneumatics. I really learned about adult spring piston air rifles in late 1980s and able to get my RWS Mod 45 from USA. But I lost it in mid 1990s and when I found that getting another from USA had become very tough and local prices are insane I gave up air gunning in frustration. It was PH which gave hope again and a chance to enjoy air gun shooting again for a few more years. I always love PH for that.

Also it made the other manufacturers to wake up from their slumber. But till now no other manufacturer is fully awakened. They are half asleep even now. PH comfortably filled a big gap. But it seems as if PH is going the same way as IHP did. What improvements were made to the basic design of PH
apart from the cosmetic changes like RF finish, carbine version and different coloured stock?. The only new thing was Nitro Piston. I really feel that they should design a better trigger system.

I'll review the Hurricane as soon as I get it and shoot it unless someone beats me to it. But I'll definitely dismantle completely and reassemble the rifle but not before it settles down. I am a graduate engineer with 30 yrs experience and I have a well equipped home workshop. One of my other hobbies is building and flying RC Model Air Planes. I have been carrying out repairs and routine maintenance of my air guns since I was 16 years old.Stripping and reassembling a spring piston air gun is no sweat for me especially when diagrams are available. Now even videos are available on youtube. It is not arrogance but confidence gained with experience.

I use JSBs for serious shooting and have a few tins in my stock. I recently got a couple of tins of H&N FTT 14.66 grns pellets along with my scope but have not yet tried them properly. I have not tried Precipells yet because of the complaints about some batches of them being very faulty and I was afraid to buy them from online shops which are my prime sources because I very rarely travel to big cities. I shall order a tin from Kovibazar and see if the old stock was exhausted. Now I am enjoying a relaxed life as a farmer and planter. I usually shoot during the Winter months and Fly my RC Models during the Summer months. The rainy season keeps me busy with my farm work. I live in a small town called TADEPALLIGUDEM in the West Godavari District of the state of Andhra Pradesh.

Regards,
GNV.

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:32 pm

@GMV that's some cv ! Well precipice worked well for me in the orion , just got hold of some 15.43 grains gamo pro hunters and a pack of RSW super dome 14.5 grains and keeping fingers crossed they work well as well ,while I travel back to my farmhouse at home .Primary reason being the unavailability of precipell .22 anywhere online.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Last edited by jatindra Singh Deo on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:38 pm

Then I shall wait till precipells are back in stock. Anyway I use JSBs only for serious shooting. I have a lot of different indian pellets to use for casual fun plinking.

The name is GNV

A-Crossbow
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by A-Crossbow » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:07 am

GNV Sir, waiting for your review. Hope it will perform better than its looks.

anoop
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by anoop » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:59 pm

Dear GNV, good to know about you. I too again picked up plinking after a gap of 33 - 34 years. Airguns were left behind when i joined National Defence Academy there after was in flying. Now i am leading a peaceful life. I like to spend some time plinking. I will wait for your review of AARMR before buying it. Do put it up at the earliest. Regards Anoop